Raziel travels

Raziel Black

OOC First Name
Brandon
Wand
9 3/4", Oak, wood wand with Phoenix tail feather core
Raziel arrived under the hot desert sun, the wind blew sand across the barren land. Raziel stood before a big stone building that looked dark and dangerous. The building was a library of many old magic books and Raziel was here on a research mission for his depatment. Raziel walked into the stone monument.

The air was stale and cool with the smell of mold lingered, Raziel had been hear only a few times in the past but much was still unknown. The building was built by ancient egyptian magicians and held books as old as time lay hidden on its many shelves. The library was taken care of by goblins. Who gaurded the books with ther lifes, no book was allowed to leave the building for if it did it would burst into flame never to be read again.

Raziel waslked up to the head goblin of the library and asked where the books on charms were kept. The goblin barked an order and a smaller goblin appeared to take Raziel to the section. Only the goblins could navigate the halls much like the vaults at there banks. Once Raziel reached the hall of charms he began pulling books off the shelves and reading.

Ben appeared out of no where, the sun beating down on him,Ben looked ahead and saw a stone monument, and Raziel standing in front of him, "Raziel" Ben shouted, but it looked like he didn't hear him, as he didn't turn around, Raziel entered the build, and Ben entered behind him, Raziel walked up to the desk, and spoke with the Goblin there, a smaller goblin appeared, and guided him, Ben followed. Ben had not been here before, as he was new to the job, well kinda, a few months isnt much really.

Without looking up at the man raziel spoke "Good you made Ben we have work to do, Pull up a chair"

Razeil then shift a small pile of book and parchment to make room at the table." We are here to resaerch some past charms and spells, more on the protections, practiculal, and cooking . These books are some of the oldest bookest here along with some newer ones. " Raziel said.

Ben pulled up a seat, and looked around at all the books, covered in dust and cobwebs. ben nodded his head in agreement when Raziel was telling him why they were there, and what they were going to be doing.

((Are the othere "inactive"))

"A charm is a type enchantment that causes an object to behave in a way that is not otherwise normal for that object. This where are department must focus most of the work that we do. We are not in the practice of working on dark Magic and so that is a path we will explore but not create. Charms is a positive type of magic and is not to be confused with transfiguration. We most look at all aspect of magic under the Title of charms and over the next couple of weeks that is what we will do. At the end of our world tour we will write a book and publish it the okayed spells to the public. We will sit down with the headmistress also and let her decide what spell if any she wants taught at her school.

This trip here is to help us create spell in the categories I mentioned. We need to work on practical magic, such as charms for inlocking things , detection, binding...ect. Ben you are my most valued department member.So I will be loooking for you towork hard and help me with this big project." Raziel adrressed the younge man.

((occ: I have not seen them or heard from them in a long time so I do not know.))

Ben nodded his paying particualar interest to what they should and shouldnt try to create, Ben made a mental note to focus on charms, and not hexes or dark magic, not that he would want to create dark magic. "Thanks" he said when Raziel said he was his most valued department member. After all he had only started a few months back.

"Tell me about yourself, Ben! I hardly know much more than that in which is on the file I have for you>" Raziel said as he dove into an interesting book on Binding Magic.

Ben put a book called on ancient charms book down. "Wll I live with my bro and dad, my mum is a muggle and lives in England. My Dad works at the ministry, in the department, of the invisisble task force, my bro is in his second year at Hogwarts" Ben finished. "So what about yourself?" he asked Raziel.

"Well I am the oldest out of four brothers, Corvin the youngest works at hogwarts , Sebastien works at St. Mungo, William left for the usa to take over for my father. I have a nephew Makato who attends hogwarts. " Raziel said as he picked up another book from the pile and read through it . "So what school did you attended?"

"I attended the original Hogwarts, were I was sorted into Gryffindor And yourself, what hogwarts did you go to?" Ben asked, closing a book called Magik for Charmes.

"I attened Salem In the states. So are you marrried Ben if you dont mind me asking? Raziel said as he jotted down some notes on a charm he found to defense against ghost.

[may I join? if no I will edit post again]

Avalon entered the ancient looking building, the days she was not working she kept up her search for answers. Answers to explain why she was not a great seer like the other women in her family. For some strange reason she had expected to find the answers in New Zealand and when they could not be found there she continued on. Her travels finally bringing her to Egypt, she was weary and tired but would never give up attempting to understand why she was deemed by fate unworthy of being a seer.

She knew her family, her mother and grandmother the matriarch of their line were sorely disappointed in her though they tried not to show it. As she entered the building she felt as if she grew wearier still, with the many tomes and ancient volumes here surely she would find something, anything to explain what had happened to her. For a few minutes she explained her cause to the goblin that came forward and asked if she needed assistance. It was in her wait for him to return, after he had shown her to another room in which to peruse the books he would bring to her that Avalon noticed two men sitting over a table laden with books.

Somehow she felt relieved that she was not the only one who had to make this strange journey. The goblin returned carrying simply one very small book in his hand and a scroll in the other.
"This is it?" she asked him, looking from one to the other before taking them as he nodded. Chairs seemed scarce and as much as she didn't want to interupt them, Avalon felt she had no choice but to occupy the same table as the men.

"Hello, I hope you don't mind my sitting here with you. It would seem that chairs are not in great supply here" she sat down in a chair furthest from them, to indicate she did not want to interupt their own research.

Raziel looked over at the young lady who had walked into the area with her book and scroll. Raziel looked the woman over from head to toe she seemed really okay and what could she do to them he thought.

"Yes my dear you are more than welcome to join us, I am Raziel Black head of the committee on experimental charms and this is my associate Ben goulding he works for me." Raziel smiled at the woman and looked briefly at the books she had and frowned a little. She was a seer like him... who fate had a funny way of creeping up on even him.

"So who are you my dear and what brought you to this little corner of sand?' raziel asked the young woman.

Avalon looked carefully at the man before her, the room they were in was dim enough so as to protect the books from harsh light but she was aware that like herself his eyes were of an abnormal shade blue to most peoples. They were of the palest blue with almost a hint of silver. She glanced away for a moment, the name he had given meant nothing to her and he was a minister for experimental charms. She quickly looked up again allowing her own eerily pale blue eyes to meet with his.
"I am Avalon Traemore. I am the History of Magic professor for Hogwarts in New Zealand" she didn't know if she could bring herself to say why she was searching here of all places, would he understand or even care.
"I am researching a particular gift".

"No, Im not married" Ben said, closing another book, and placing it on a pile, disturbing the dust. Ben helped himself to another one, and flicked throught the pages, when a woman arrived, and asked if she could join them. "If you dont mind me asking, what particualr gift are you researching?" Ben asked.

Avalon turned in the direction of the other man and smiled courteously at him. It had been a thorn in her side for so many years that her gift had never come through as it had for the other women in her family. She had spent so many years travelling the world in search of the reason why and it had always eluded her. Not knowing whether or not the ancient tomes of this revered library would aid her search or not, Avalon felt she had little other choice. Her grandmother and mother were already beginning to shun her, thinking there was something wrong with her. They were all Seers but she.
Avalon looked from one man to the other, her countenence was undecipherable though the slight gleam in her pale blue eyes gave just the smallest hint that she would rather talk about anything else. So as not to be rude and as she never lied, ever Avalon turned once more to the man who had asked the question.
"I am researching the gift of Prophesy, the ability of a Seer and why some obtain it and others do not".

Raziel eyes locked onto the women and looked her up and down. She was like him a seer, a prophet. Raziel smiled but his smiled faulter fast his eyes remained on the young woman.

"so you believe you have the gift do you?" Raziel asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back