Ravens And Lions

James Slick

OOC First Name
Adrian (Main)
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
James was never outside HNZ much, but when he went outside, it was super warm. There was no breeze at all, so he hid under the shadows of a tree, watching flying practice go on at the flying grounds. He felt great there, since no sun could hit him. He hadn't brought his book with him, so he just sat there and watched the other students doing their activities on this beautiful day.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry short post. I got this idea from the weather down here, which is tiring me so much. :frantics:

Alice was exhausted. Christmas had come and gone quickly, and before she had known it, it had been Valentine's day, and now life was back to normal. It seemed that all the sleep she had caught up on, had suddenly become dead and she was as tired as ever. So, what better to do than go and sit down under the shade or a tree, with a book, at the weekend. She had no lessons to attend, no notes to read for homework and no urgent assignments to complete. Smiling at the bliss, she clutched her book, drawing pad and writing book and made her way down to the courtyard. She hadn't been here that much, but right at that moment, it seemed the right place to be, full of bliss, peace and sunshine. Smiling and squinting up at the sun that hit her the moment she stepped outside, she welcomed the cool breeze and headed towards the trees. As she wandered, she looked for the best place to sit, but found it already occupied by a small boy who looked about her age. Smiling in her own special friendly fashion, she headed over and held up her hand to cover her eyes from the beaming sun rays. "Um hey. Can i join you?" She asked, hovering uncertainly where the boy was sitting, unsure whether he would welcome her company or push her away.

James stayed in his spot by the tree for a while. A girl came over to him and asked him a question. "Sure you can", was his response. He was always nice to people since what he thought was that who you're nice to might be nice back. The girl had a drawing pad and writing book, probably had classes recently was most likely. It was getting close to :cry:00 PM, so most classes would be done by now. The sun was pushing on the shadow where James sat, slowly taking over.

Alice smiled at the boy and gracefully sat down. Sinking to the ground, she crossed her legs and leaned against the tree. Closing her eyes, she breathed in the freshness of the day and finally smiled at the shade that now protected her from the suns blinding rays. Smiling at the boy after a few minutes, she turned her attention to him. "Im Alice. Im a first year Ravenclaw." Introducing herself to others was something that Alice had grown accustomed to. When she had first come to the school, she had discovered that not only did people like to know your name but to know what house you came from. It was almost as if people put a label on you from the beginning, by simply knowing your house. This disconcerted Alice slightly, especially at the beginning, but she had now discovered the way to use it to her own advantage as the other students did. It meant that she could easily think of conversation with most people or begin to be cautious with others. Smiling at the memory of all the things she had done and learnt since coming to New Zealand, she turned to hear the boy's reply.

The girl sat down after James lent her his permission. She said her name and house, so James did the same. "I'm James, First Year Gryffindor", was his response. They were in different houses, but what did that matter? They both maybe had the same personality. That was exactly why James hated the whole 'house' system. Some people hated other people because they weren't in the same house. It was like you got a house, and then that was almost your whole life from there.

Alice smiled and nodded. She knew quite a few Gryffindors now, and it was nice, to meet another one. From her experience, she had found that most of them were up for a laugh and funny, enjoying life just because it was life. That was what she had found, by using the whole 'house' system to her own advantage. Because, at the end of the day, in a game, if you have tactics, its best to use them. Smiling still, she paused as a silence came up and then decided to bring up some conversation. "I think i saw you in my Transfiguration lesson the other day right?" She began, stretching her memory back to the lesson. The silence would probably come back, so to occupy the time, Alice began to think of some more conversation starters.

(OOC: Sorry, this post is really awful and lame :unsure: )

Alice, the girl James had just met, asked a question. "You may have, I know I do have lessons in Transfiguration with Ravenclaw", was his response. He didn't remember whether he had seen the girl or not, but it was very well possible. James was actually thinking about his sister right now, this girl was very much like her. He had never mentioned his sister, as she was not at HNZ yet. She was sometimes very annoying when James was on break, so it might be bad if she got Gryffindor or something. As he remembered, though, she had hoped to get into Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back