Open Quiet Spot

Christopher Easterling

Baby | Opinionated | 'Curls'
OOC First Name
Sofija
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Chris knew that the forest off limits, not only the headmaster reminded them that but even Kiara and Niklaus kept on repeating how it was dangerous and not meant for kids who could be more scared fr their pants rather than their safety. But here he was, he had been there a few times and he usually didn't go into the forest deep, just near the safety but he had found his quiet and comfortable spot where usually not a lot of people were around. And while there, he laid down with his head on some mossy rock while reading a book. It was a good book that required a peace around so there was nothing that could distract him.

Savannah certainly didn't have enough to do at Hogwarts. It was still of course better than being home, it just meant that on occasion, she had run out of things to do. She wasn't much of a rule breaker, too concerned with not being expelled to want to do that, but the forest was enticing. It was such big presence, even if in theory it was forbidden. She was just exploring, just poking in at the edges of it, nothing too deep, but not the very perimeter of the forest. It was there she stumbled upon a boy who was sitting alone in the forest, head on mossy rock and reading. "There are countless other places to study, and yet, you've chosen the one place you're not supposed to be,"

Chris looked up as he heard a voice. "I'm not studying, I'm reading. This place is quiet and I'm saying immediately, I'm not leaving this place," he made himself very clear. He wasn't planning on leaving because an older girl told him so. "Also, I'm not the only one who is not supposed to be here. I am reading here and what brought you?" He returned the question. If she knew his reasonings, it would be fair for him to know hers.

Savannah immediately gave a huff and rolled her eyes, since of course the difference between reading and studying was minimal, and it wasn't the task that she was really commenting on. "There are countless quiet places to read that aren't out of bounds," she replied. Walking though or exploring the forest was one thing, just sitting down and reading was another thing. "I was just exploring the forest, which is a much better excuse for being here than 'wanted to read'" she replied.

Chris shrugged his shoulders as she said that there were other places, he didn't care as he was already here. "Yet, neither of us is supposed to be here so if they ask us, you still we're here and no one will care whether you were walking or reading," he pointed out how forest was off the limits either way. "Also, there are countless places to explore that aren't off limits," he chuckled a little and looked back down at his book.

Savannah didn't understand this boy at all, reading and exploring were not the same things. They were not equatable like he seemed to think. "Okay, but my point isn't that if we get caught we'll both be in trouble, I know it won't matter. It's just more pointless to sit and read and then get caught than to explore," she told him. "Reading somewhere off limits like the forest just seems like a waste. You are in a forbidden place, but not exploring or learning about, just reading. What are you even reading?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back