Quiet Place

Satsuke Nakamura

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
Satsuke looked out the window up in the North Tower. He had just finished climbing up some treacherous stairs, and he deserved to relax a little. His music player had gone wacky. Sadly, he had not been able to listen to it when classes started. I guessed that it was because all of the magic. Satsuke had only been Hogwarts for a few days, and he was already really enjoying. The people he was placed with were very polite and kind to him. They always were willing to lend a helping hand. He had not tried to make many friends though. He was still getting used to the whole magic idea.

Conan had climbed up to the tower, it wasn't evening yet, he was so tired. He watched over his sister again for the whole day. It was a good thing that her sister fell asleep. Conan wanted to rest for a bit, resulting to him leaving her sister. While drowned in his thoughts, he noticed he wasn't alone in the tower. There was a boy, maybe same age as him, and same house as well. He came to approach the boy, maybe his first will be friend in Hogwarts. "Uhm. Hi. I'm Conan. Edogawa, Conan. First year, Hufflepuff. How do you do?" he said to the boy.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the wrong character..... Had a little problem with my computer.. :p

Satsuke had taken out his MP3 player to see if it was still not working. He sighed deeply. He was going to have to ask for someone to give him a spell to help him out. He could not go on without his music. He would surely die if he had to. Maybe he could talk to his head of house about the situation. He had heard a boy approach him, but Satsuke did not look at him. He was to focused on his MP3 player. "That's nice. I am Satsuke, and I am a first year." he said. He closed his eyes and place the MP3 on his lips. He did not know how much more he could take. He then stuffed his precious possession back into his pocket. He looked at the boy who had introduced himself as Conan.

OOCOut of Character:
No problem.

Conan watched as the boy introduced himself as Satsuke. He thought that Satsuke had a problem or at least a bit troubled. And there his personality that meddles with other's problem go again, "Satsuke, is there any problem? Maybe I can at least help you. May not seem like it but I can be helpful if wanted." And there it went, if his sister were here, she'd be mad at him again for meddling. All he can do right now is wait for the boy's answer.

Satsuke turned to look at Conan. He smiled. "It is nothing really. I'm just getting emotional over stupid things." he lied, but he still managed to look happy in front of his fellow Hufflepuff. it was a huge thing to him. He did not think that him getting emotional over his situation was stupid or little. Satsuke sat down on the ground in front of the huge window. He patted a spot next to him for Conan to sit. "You are a first year? I am too! I was bored, so I came up here. It is probably way past curfew now." he said knowingly. He knew it was past curfew. That was the only reason he was up in the tower. He never missed a chance to break the rules.

Conan looked at Satsuke as he said there was no problem. "You sure you're okay." he said as he sat beside his new friend. He listened as Satsuke talk to him. "Yeah, my sister is a first year as well. Yeah it sure is past curfew by now. Well, my reason for coming up here is different though. Just wanted to escape, even just for a moment, from my annoying but loving little sister." Conan couldn't take breaking rules but he really wanted to take a breather. He just sat there beside Satsuke while thinking of a topic. "Wait a minute. Are you Japanese, by any chance?" he just noticed from the name and it kept bugging him so he just had to ask with a smile on his face.

Satsuke nodded. "I am sure.".he told Conan. He did not want to worry Conan about his problems. That would not be right. "It's cool that you have a sister. I have an older sister, but she is not a witch. She is back in Japan with my parents." he said and moved his bangs out of his face. They got so annoying sometimes. Satsuke nodded his head. "Yes. What about you?" he asked the question in return. Now that he mentioned it, Conan did look like her was from somewhere in Asia. He had already met a girl that was half Korean and half Thai. She was pretty cool.

Conan was still troubled for Satsuke but since he said it was alright, Conan just brushed the thought off his mind. "Yeah, it is cool that I have her. After all, she's all I have left in the family and I'm all she has left." he said. He didn't know if he showed a happy, concerned, sad or bothered face. He just didn't care anymore. Conan heard Satuske agree to his question a while ago. "I had a hunch you were. You had the same name as my friend. Yes, I am. I'm from Tokyo. You?" he said. "Jeez, am I talkative or what?" he thought to himself. "By the way, sorry if my English is weird. Not yet used to it you see." Conan exclaimed. It just came to him after remembering Ai telling him that his English was weird. He just waited for Satsuke's reaction for his blabbering.

Satsuke felt a little sorry for Conan. He only had his sister left, and Satsuke had a whole family. He did not miss his parents at all, but he did miss his sister. "I haven't seen my parents or sister in five years. They sent me here with my cousin so my English could get better." he told Conan and pushed back his bangs again. Satsuke shook his head. "I am from Sapporo, and it is fine if your English is bad. I have been speaking it for five years now, so I am basically a pro." he boasted and nudged Conan in the arm. "What is your sister like?"

Conan was surprised to know what Satsuke experienced. He couldn't live for that long without his sister. "Well, our parents died when Ai and me were five. So we lived with our paternal uncle and his wife. Well, I was pretty close to Oji-san, but I was worried about Ai. She didn't want to get close with the family." he explained to Satsuke. Conan heard Satsuke told him that he was from Sapporo. Satsuke also boasted about his English, but he was already used to boasting, he got a lot from his and Ai's friends from Japan. He just laughed a bit about the boast Satsuke let out. Conan replied to his new friend's question, "Well, Ai has basically an odd personality. She doesn't want to get close to others after our parent's death. Took a while for my three best friends to befriend Ai, you know. Took them four years. Ai's always hiding behind me, but if someone approaches her she changes everything about her personality and brushes that person off." Conan blabbered again, he just couldn't stop talking if the topic is her sister.

Satsuke nodded. He understood a little of what Conan was talking about. He did not want to grow close to his parents. His parents wanted to stick him in a their little box, but Satsuke was not having any of it. "My parents want me to be a perfect child that is obedient and easily manipulated. I do not want to be that child." he stated. He was not going to be his parents toy, so they can die with with tons of riches to their name. Satsuke wanted to find out who he was by himself. He was not going to be told who to be. Satsuke frowned when Conan mentioned his sister. "It is not good to hide behind someone. It confuses your identity. You are always hiding behind that one person, so you don't know who you want to be. You only know who they are." he muttered to himself. Satsuke was all about a person finding out who they really were. It was just him.

Conan knew what Satsuke was talking about, his friend from Japan was also wanted to be the perfect child. But, there came a time, when his friend talked to his parents about it. He didn't want to give advice yet, because, he knows that Satsuke wants to find out for himself what is the right thing to do. Conan wasn't surprised when Satsuke frowned about Ai's personality. "I know, that's what I always tell her. Maybe its because of me, that she hides her identity. I don't know. All I know is that it started after our parents' burial. I don't know what she heard fully, but I do know a part of what she heard. That's why I decided to protect her, even if she doesn't need me all the time." he said and suddenly a nearly forgotten, blurred memory came to his mind which maybe caused him to stare in to space for maybe a few minutes.

Satsuke listened as Conan talked. Some things in life scarred people for life, or for just a long period of time. He had not experience anything that made him want to be depressed. He just wanted to go against everything while with his parents. "Maybe you, your sister and I can go to the cliffs. I think that would be fun. Or the Forbidden Forest! That would be awesome!" he exclaimed and nudged Conan in the arm.

Conan was invited to the Cliffs or the Forbidden Forest by Satsuke. And, he was also going to be with Ai. He was glad that Ai can meet his new friend. "Yeah, the Cliffs would be great. And the Forbidden Forest might be interesting as well," he replied. He was so excited, he had a new friend and they were going to go somewhere. He remembered and reminded Satsuke, "Hey, Satsuke. May I remind you. Ai is unpredictable when meeting other people, so, I don't really know how she'll act." he said as he waited for Satsuke's reply.

Satsuke smiled and clapped his hands together. "You do know that both of those places are forbidden, right?" he asked Conan curiously. He wanted is friend to know that if they were caught that they would be in big trouble. Satsuke shrugged. "Whatever. Make sure you tell her before hand that I do not put up with crap." he stated clearly. He did not want to embarrass Conan's sister if she decided to go wacky on him. Most of the time Satsuke was sweet, but if someone got on his bad side. They were destined for doom.

Conan replied to Satsuke's question laughingly, "Yeah, I do. But it doesn't hurt to have a little adventure once in a while. After all, Ai and me are used to danger." It was true, Ai and him were always facing danger because of their family, kidnappings and robberies were common. But he and Ai always escaped successfully that's why they were known in the Police Department. He and Ai were also part of a detective group since first grade. It was really fun. "Yeah, I'll make sure to tell her that. You know, I've been noticing her change lately. I don't know what's happening but I like it," he said with a smile and waited for Satsuke to continue their conversation.

Satsuke laughed. Of course Conan knew that the Cliffs were forbidden. All the students did, but he was just a student that did not like listening to the rules. "On the breaks will you be going back to Japan, or do you like with someone in New Zealand?" Satsuke asked curiously. Most likely he would be staying at the school or with his cousin over the breaks. It would depend on his mood at those times though. Satsuke rolled his eyes. "Dude. It happens to all girls. First they are one way, and then they are way."

Conan wondered if they will be going back to Japan. "I think we are, I already miss Oji-chan and Oba-chan. Maybe Ai would also want to see our friends again. So, yeah maybe we will be. You?" Conan couldn't help but wonder of Satsuke would want to go back to Japan. Conan laughed at Satsuke's remark about his statement about Ai. "Yeah, but I'm glad. I kind of noticed she's smiling more frequently now. But, I think its for the best. She always keeps this serious face and I admit, it annoys me sometimes. I missed her smiling face you know." Conan remembered how Ai would always smile before their parents' death and how that smile faded away after that. He remained silent while reminiscing those memories.

Satsuke shrugged. "I am either staying at the school, or I am staying with my cousin here in New Zealand. Maybe after I graduate I will go back home." he said and looked up at the ceiling. Satsuke clapped his hands. "Congratulations! Your sister is smiling!" he exclaimed happily. He was genuinely happy about Conan's sister. If his sister were in the same position as his. Satsuke would not know what to do. He depended on his older sister too much.

Conan listened to Satsuke answer his question. He wasn't too surprise of the idea of Satsuke not going home. "I see. You won't go home even on Christmas?" he asked. Conan laughed at the congratulatory remark of Satsuke, "Thanks!" he exclaimed. He sure was happy about it as well. Seeing his sister smile and all. "Oh yeah, when would you like to go to the Cliffs or the Forbidden Forest? So, I can inform Ai about it as well. You know, she might have some plans." he said as he winked at Satsuke. He was glad he made a new friend and he waited for Satsuke's reply.

Satsuke shook his head. It made him sad sometimes that he did not even visit his family on the holidays. It was mostly his fault though. He was so determined to prove to his parents that he was not there little puppet. He found that his way of doing that was avoiding his parents and cutting off communication. "No. I send my parents gifts though, but they don't send me any back. My sister does though! She snt me a skateboard last year. I sent her a homemade Christmas card because I already spent all my money on our parents." he laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head. "Hmm. How about two days from today? What day is that?" he asked himself. He was trying hard to remember what day it was two days from now.

Conan listened as Satsuke told him he wasn't going back to Japan, even on Christmas. Satsuke also told him that he sends Christmas gifts but they never send anything back unlike her sister which does. And as always on the word skateboard, Conan reacted excitedly again, "A skateboard?! Really? What is it like? Do you still use it? Did you bring it?" he paused realizing he blabbered again. "Uhm. I rambled about the skateboard, didn't I? I'm sorry for rambling," he said. He wasn't the only one annoyed of that rambling of his about skateboards, even her sister was. "Jeez, what an idiot I am," he thought to himself. He heard Satsuke say that they were going to the Cliffs two days from today, it made him think what day it was and if he was available. "That should be a Sunday right? There are no classes for us, so it should be fine." he replied and waited for Satsuke to say something.

Satsuke laughed when he saw Conan's reaction to him having a skateboard. "It is okay, but I stopped using it because I kept falling. I don't want to scar up my pretty face." he joked and touched his cheeks. He was half serious though. He did not want to scar up his face just yet. Maybe in his third year, but not in his first year. He still had teachers to get on his side. "It's no problem dude, really. I can have my cousin send it if you'd like to try it out?" he offered with a smile. Satsuke snapped his fingers and pointed at Conan. "I totally knew that. Sunday it is then!" he said happily. He yawned. It was probably almost one in the morning.

Conan laughed when Satsuke told him that he had stopped using his skateboard because he didn't want to scar up his face. "No, it's alright. You don't have too." he told him when Satsuke said that he can have his cousin deliver the skateboard. "Yup, Sunday. Can't wait for that." he said. He watched as Satsuke yawned and wanted to yawn as well. He was a bit sleepy already, but it wouldn't hurt to stay a while longer. "So, I've been thinking, I kept babbling about my sister, so what's I'm already curious by now. What's your sister like?" he asked and waited for Satsuke to answer.

Satsuke looked up at the ceiling. He thought about Haniozuka. She was his inspiration. "Well, she is very rebellious. Our parents tried to put her in an arranged marriage when she was seventeen, but she refused. Our parents are kind of in a 'elite' group of people. My sisters name is Haniozuka, but we just call her Hani for short. My sister and I don't use honorifics with each other. It so complicated." he smiled. He tried get the point across to Conan that his parents were important yet dangerous people without telling him they were in a popular gang. He learned of this when he was younger and he learned to deal with it. He had no plans of joining any gangs at all. As soon as he was old enough he was going to cut ties with his parents. Hani had ran away a few times while he was in Japan, but his parents or another gang member would find them. Then she would get severely punished. Something he did not want to go into details about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back