Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Pear Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
Lily was still upset. Her heart felt like it had been shattered, throbbing more than it had been beating. She supposed she should have seen it coming. After all, what was her love really worth? She was just some silly girl, with no real accomplishments. Her closest friends were successful, important, cared for. There had been something different about Lars lately, though she couldn't pinpoint what. He had seemed... a bit like he had before he and Elliot started dating. It was odd, really, she never saw him with anyone that might make him act that way. And Elliot... well, he was moving on without her. He had the team, the wildpatch club, his job as prefect and his new, perfect girlfriend. Lily often felt like there was no place for her in his life anymore.

Lily sighed, leaning on the railing as she looked over the school grounds. It had been raining softly, but she didn't mind. It was cool on her skin and felt nice. She sighed, lowering her head and shutting her eyes. She felt so out of place here. She had thought she had belonged once. Lars and Elliot and Jasper were her family, Clifton was her love, the world had made sense. But one by one, they had all drifted away from her. She rubbed a hand lightly over her chest, the thought of Clifton making her heart pulse painfully. It was silly for her to still miss him so, wasn't it? He had moved on without her, left her behind. She sighed softly. What a mess her life had become.

The towers weren't a part of the school William spent a ton of time in, but letters home had to be sent, and for once, William didn't feel like heading directly back downstairs where he felt more comfortable. He was going to be leaving Hogwarts forever soon enough, and though he felt more than ready to escape out to the real world, it was beginning to strike him how little of the school itself he had actually explored. He had spent plenty of time out in the grounds, of course, but the upper floors were largely a mystery to him. So he spent some time wandering the tower, hesitating when he spotted a familiar girl by herself. William didn't exactly make a habit of talking to people he didn't know, but... what did he have to lose? He was leaving Hogwarts soon anyway. "Hey." William said, alerting her to his presence before he approached, leaning against the railing next to her. "You're Elliot's friend, right?" He couldn't remember the girl's name, but he knew he had seen her hanging around with his co-king before.

Lily was surprised to hear a voice and looked up, seeing William Kaimarama approaching her. "Hi William," She greeted shyly. She didn't know him very well, just that he spent time with Elliot in Wild Patch. "Yes, I'm Lily," She said softly. Of course he didn't know her name. She wasn't memorable, how could he? She turned to look back over the grounds. "I like the rain," She offered, unsure of what to say really. She hadn't expected company.

William nodded once when the girl introduced himself, making a mental note to remember her name. He hadn't exactly made a ton of friends in his time at Hogwarts, but even so he didn't always do a great job of remembering people's names. William nodded when she said she liked the rain, looking out over the grounds again. "It's pretty cool." He commented, staring out across the forest. "Wouldn't wanna be out hiking or something in this, though."

Lily smiled a little. "Not on your own," she conceded, a far off look coming into her eyes. "If you were with the right person, though, you could find a cave perhaps, or some small shelter. Build a fire, keep each other warm, nothing in the world but the two of you," she sighed softly, smiling at the scene she'd put in her head. She quickly realized what she had done and blushed, straightening. "I- that is- I'm sorry," she apologized, looking away. Merlin, she really was just some silly girl.

A few years ago listening to Lily, William's mind would have shot to Abian at once. The two of them curled side by side warming their hands by a fire, Abian's elbow pressed warm against his. The fact that his mind was back there again was.... concerning, but William didn't feel the way he had a few years ago. This.... friends with benefits situation had turned everything upside down, and he didn't know if he liked how Abian was setting up shop in his mind again. "You wanna avoid caves, actually." William commented, sticking to the parts of the conversation he felt equipped to handle. "In a heavy enough downpour the cave can get flooded, it's easy to get trapped or drown. Soft rain like this it'd be okay, but anything heavier and you're better off seeking high ground and setting up your own shelter."

Lily scolded herself as he corrected her, seeing it as proof she was just a silly girl, but she also found what he was saying was... oddly fascinating. She peeked over to him, biting her lip gently. "I didn't know that," She replied shyly. "It makes sense though... do you know a lot about surviving in the wilderness?" She asked. That would make sense, he was leading the wild patch club with Elliot.

William glanced at Lily for a moment, not used to actually being asked about his skills. "Yeah, I pretty much grew up in the bush." He explained, looking back out over the forest. "My parents work in conservation, so we'd be out on hikes all the time. Did a week in the bush solo for my last birthday, it was good fun." He shrugged slightly. "It's just kinda normal in my family."

Lily smiled softly, listening to William talk. "That sounds really amazing," She told him, folding her hands in front of her and turning her eyes back to the rain. "That's really impressive that you have skills like that." She let out a soft sigh. "I can bake a little bit but that's about it. Mostly I just read in the garden or under the trees." She admitted shyly, knowing it made her seem incredibly dull.

William nodded, glancing at Lily as she talked about her hobbies. "That's cool, baking always kinda seems like magic to me." He commented. William only really knew how to cook over a campfire, and wasn't sure he'd know where to even start with an oven. "Do you make like... cakes or bread, or... what kinda stuff? I dunno baking stuff."

Lily blushed, smiling a little shyly. She wasn't sure what to say in response to his nice comment, so she went with the question instead. "Oh, you can make lots of things," She reached a hand over the railing, letting the rain wash gently over her fingers. "There are cookies, breads, cakes, muffins, pies, all sorts of things." She hesitated a moment, peeking over at him. "I... could make you something, if you wanted. I usually make muffins or cupcakes because they're easier to eat with your hands, but I like making other things, too,"

William was surprised all over again when Lily listed off all the things she could make. He supposed it made sense, if you understood baking it was all probably stupidly easy, but to him it was as impressive as if she had started speaking Mandarin in the middle of a sentence. "Oh, hell yeah." William grinned at her offer of baking. "I mean, if it's not a big hassle. I'd never say no to free snacks." He laughed softly.

Lily couldn't help but giggle softly at his reaction. "Alright, I suppose I can make you free snacks," She agreed, starting to think it over. "Do you have any favorites? Or allergies?" She asked, thinking over new ideas of what she could make.

William shook his head, wondering how he had lucked his way into someone making snacks for him. "Nah, no allergies, I'll pretty much eat anything." He grinned. "You don't have to though, for real only if you wanna." William added quickly, not wanting Lily to feel like she had to do anything for him.

Lily smiled, laughing lightly. "No, it's alright, I've been needing a reason to start baking again. I'll make you something," She promised, already thinking of what she could do. She turned more to face him. "I could bring you something tomorrow afternoon if that's alright," she offered, thinking that cookies might be a good place to start.

William gave a relieved grin as Lily confirmed she did want to bake for him. "That would be awesome." He said sincerely. "Thanks." It was a feeling he wasn't used to, talking to someone who just wanted to be nice to him for no reason, and part of William didn't fully trust this, but he chose to just accept it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back