Quiet meditations

Jolly stared at Vydrael in awe. He seemed to understand what was going on her mind. "Are you a...are you-?" she ventured but stopped, remembering what had happened last time she had blurted stuff out. Then, suddenly, something he had said clicked in her mind and asked in surprise, "Huh? Levitate? Like...you float over the ground?"

He almost laughed, he knew what she was going to ask. "I don't read minds, i can read your expression." He settled with a chuckle again, sitting himself comfortably and closing his eyes.
"Calm yourself and just imagine your favourite spot, don't let doubt take you." with that he also did the same

Laughter bubbled up Jolly's stomach and she giggled. "Yeah, I forgot. My face is incredibly expressive," she said, rolling her eyes at her obvious-ness. She looked at Vydrael for a while after he closed his eyes...then immitated him. Closing her eyes, she tried to think what her favourite spot was.

Jolly couldn't help it. She peeked her eyes open and gasped when she saw Vydrael lifting slightly above the ground. She opened her mouth to tell him that but realized he wouldn't like it if she disturbed him. Forgetting to do her own thing, she continued staring open-mouthed at him. He looked peaceful and calm, comparatively more goodlooking. Jolly wondered what it'd be like to be this calm again. She had not felt calm for days!

Vydráel could feel it again, he felt the memories bubbling to the surface. First he remembered the bully, then his first day and then.. nothing.
He opened his eyes to see himself in a mirror, seeing a younger him. He turned to see his dad hunched over his desk working on a broken guitar or something. His mother was standing behind him and crooning in his ear. Vydráel ran up to them, tugging at his mother's dress. She turned and he saw the face from his nightmares.

Vydráel fell to the ground for the second time that day, nursing his sore neck and mumbling curses he never thought he knew.

As she watched, his posture and look seemed to change and, all of a sudden, Vydrael fell to the ground with a dull thump! Jolly clamped her mouth shut and bit her lips as he massaged his neck and muttered colorful words. "Er...what happened, Vydrael?" she asked him cautiously, her troubles forgotten as she stared confusedly at him.

"Nothing. Just wasn't concentrating properly. Thoughts invade my head and i lose all concentration."
He glances up "Im ok though."

[ooc; my turn for a really short post :p ]

Jolly frowned. "What did you visualize about, Vydrael?" she asked him, curiously, thinking she might get some ideas from him.

"I don't visualise anything, i just let go." He cocked his head to the side. "It's like falling and never reaching the bottom."

Jolly frowned more pronoucedly. Vydrael was confusing her. She didn't know if what he did was good for her or bad. Or if she would be able to do it or not. "What do you mean?" she asked him. "What did you see, exactly?" Probably his own view of heaven...

"When I tried to give you a scenario to meditate to, there was a reason for using it. You seemed to be troubled by something to the point where you didn't know WHAT it was and I attempted to throw a scenario at you that could help identify the problem." He paused hoping that would emphasise the idea.
"My meditations are meant to quiet the mind and just think of everything or nothing. So I let go of.." His hand had been on the ground and quickly pulling up some blades of grass with roots attatched, he showed her the dirt holding onto it. "all my anchors. What keeps me in the physical world." He hoped she would understand.
"What I saw.. it was a memory." His voice was almost a mumble. "But warped and twisted.. like I've been lied to or... something. Nothing is perfect." He sat there quietly thinking of what his memory could mean.

Jolly was awed by his answer. How did he let go of all his anchors? How could a human do that anyway? She had never seen anyone float about the ground without using the levitating spell. For a while, she forgot her troubles as she gazed at him. "You mean you saw a memory from your past but it twisted hideously in the end?" Jolly asked him. "Yeah, that's happened to me before." It wasn't good and she couldn't blame Vydrael for feeling...whatever he was feeling right now.

"I'm debating whether or not to ignore this.." He stopped massaging his neck and curled his knees up to his chin with his hands bound around them. "It wasn't that it was hideous, it was that it wasn't real. It's putting me off"

Jolly felt sorry for Vydrael and he curled up in front of her. "Whatever it was, it affected you," she said softly, placing her hand on his knees again. "And I am sorry. Maybe...maybe you should visualize something else. Maybe we could do it together?" she asked anxiously.

Vydráel looked at her in confusion. Not sure why she was showing him sympathy. "If i was afraid maybe i would take it more seriously. But meditation is only one way of calming." He liked the idea of choosing a scenario but all the ones he could think of would spark memories. Memories that had been plaguing him since his arrival here.
"What scenario were you thinking of?" he asked instead.

He seemed confused by her reaction and sympathy. Why? Jolly wondered. Wasn't he used to people sympathizing with him? "What?" she couldn't help but ask him. Then, replied to his question. She knew what she had in mind was very cheesy and girly but if it would help the both of them, Jolly would do it. "Alright, close your eyes."

Jolly closed her eyes as well and after a thoughtful pause, she said, "Imagine a green field...a clear blue sky...wonderful atmosphere. Try to imagine birds of different colors twittering around." Her voice was steady and Jolly was very mildly surprised when she she saw a beautiful field and a cloudless sky in her mind's eye. She continued, "Try to imagine us - both of us - in that field, running around, doing whatever we want. We are happy...carefree..."

It felt wonderful to imagine the breath-taking beauty and feel a sort of warmth and carelessness spread over her as she imagined her own made scenerio. The tension and troubles that had been bothering her a little while, making her almost burst into frustrated tears, were slowly easing away, making her relaxed and calm. She was happy to see her method was working. Absently, Jolly hoped Vydrael was feeling the same thing.

Vydráel listened to her words and suppressed his urge to scoff. Instead closing his eyes and picturing what she told him too, it was different to his usual visualisations but would have to do. He pictured the field with him in it and let go once more at least mostly but did not let the picture fade away. He knew what would happen if he didn't.

Jolly continued speaking, "We passed our exams with great marks...it's the holidays and we are just having fun. Suddenly..." she stopped. What was she going to say? She could feel a pressure on her eyes. "Suddenly, we spot a door some distance away...a mere door. What could it be hiding?"

[ooc; out of my muse, lol. <_< ]

Jolly knew she didn't need to speak anymore. Both of them were too engrossed in the imaginative field to not be curious what that door hid behind itself. If he was lucky, the scenerio still captured Vydrael's attention and he was feeling better. She felt herself float towards the door on the field. What was behind it? What was behind it? She stood there staring at it in caution.

Vydráel knew it wasn't time to open this door and left his mind sink back into his body. He wouldn't risk another forceful meditation break him calm, instead her just sat there and watched the lake, waiting for Jolly

Slowly, very quietly, Jolly extended her fingers and wrapped them around the door-knob. She waited for anything to happen and then turned the knob and pushed open the door. A gasp escaped her lips. It was the same room...covered in darkness...with that thing in there.

Jolly's eyes snapped open and she was breathing hard. "Crap!" she said in exasperation. "What's wrong with me!" Then, suddenly, she noticed Vydrael sitting beside and fell silent. Does this mean he could see the same thing? No! That was impossible. Jolly put a hand to her chest and tried to calm down her breathes. There was something definitely troubling her and it was eating her away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back