OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Flexible Elm Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
The situation with beaters and bludgers isn't very good in my eyes. They always aim for the seekers and it almost ends up with a seeker out of the game. In the real game a beater would hit the closest player since a beater can't really fly with a bludger in their hands so they can release it when a seeker is nearby. It is luck that you hit the seeker and not always go on the seeker. In my eyes it would be a more luck based thing like: ''Hit was successful you hit a chaser or keeper or beater etc.'' this way everyone gets hit and it isn't like beaters are stalking seekers like sniffer dogs. And this way the percentage of a success can be higher. The beaters will be happier that they actually have success in a game as well. Since they can't target the seekers only. Quidditch is supposed to be dangerous for everyone, but currently only the seekers get hit. Or a chaser has to intercept it. I think the game would be more dynamic if people other than a seeker can get hit. Also you kind of know that when the seeker gets an out the other team wins. So I find it kind of unfair overall. But I am open to every suggestion.

Hi Tamara,

Thank you for the suggestion. We're always thinking up ways to improve quidditch, and, in fact, we've been working on an update for the beater position, specifically, for a while now. :o Unfortunately, any changes to quidditch are a process as we need to discuss their merit, the need for additions to the quidditch control panel, and if that does need to happen, coding time for Nick which is limited to in between quidditch seasons and when Nick has time. With that all said, we'll certainly discuss the suggestion you've made here. You won't see a change during this quidditch season. It's a bit unfair and potentially confusing to expect everyone to get on board with new changes in the middle of a season. But, I do have a bit more to say on the subject so I hope you'll read on. :)

It's not entirely out of line to presume that seekers would find themselves a huge target during most games. They do determine the end of the game, and more often than not, the win. We know they get fouled the most as well. Taking them out makes sense. However, that is just one strategy and we do hope that all RPers keep that in mind, that there are other strategies, as they play. In games we've played, Seekers don't always get eliminated and other players do get targeted, so maybe RPers simply need to be more mindful of that as they play. We've even had a few games now, the most recent game in fact, where teams have won after their Seeker was removed, which is part of the fun of this new system. ^_^

Interactivity was a huge focus of this new quidditch system. In order to do that, we felt it necessary to remove many of the 'rules' in place, leaving ones that helped accommodate our OOC time differences. Removing some of that room for interactivity is not something we're keen on doing, though we do hope the update addresses some of the concerns that have been expressed to us this week.

Thanks again!

As an aside, I'm listening to the Philosopher's Stone audio book now, and Wood literally tells Harry that seekers get fouled the most because of their effect on the game. xD

Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
We're always thinking up ways to improve quidditch, and, in fact, we've been working on an update for the beater position, specifically, for a while now.
This has been done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back