Questing for Perfection

Saffron Ironsong

OOC First Name
Ana,na,na
Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4 essence of dragonstone
Saffron Ironsong could be described as an active girl in most cases. Active in the sense that she was always doing something. Whether that was reading on the subjects that where discussed in school or subjects that peeked her own interest, practicing for when her class would start potions or as she was doing at the moment practicing defense spells. Saffron already had them ingrained as muscle memory as well as the record in her head but she wanted to be sure that she had no flaw. It had been hammered into her since the day she was born. She had to be perfect in every way. Though interacting with some around made her think that she was already closer to perfection than she thought she was there was still a lot of work to be done.

Saffron had the dummy in front of her and she was letting jinxes fly one after the other. She was working for speed at the moment every once in a while placing a shield up as if the dummy had attacked her. She kept herself light on her feed so she could move easier and dodge even though the dummy couldn't attack back. Saffron didn't see it that way though. In her mind it was another person which she was set to annihilate even though all she had to her was first year magic. Well a bit of advanced first year magic as well. She had been working on a full body bind in her free time and she had that nearly perfect as well. "Stupify" She called as she flung the spell at the dummy. The spot over it's heart fizzled and sparked with small stars then settled.

Tabitha was wondering the school like she had done many times before now. The semester was almost over, and she was eager to get home. It seemed so much harder to make friends at this school then it had back with the muggles. All she wanted was someone to play with, someone to share secrets with, and someone to take half the blame when they got in trouble. Maybe I'll go visit the house elves. she thought to herself as she entered the dungeons. As she was walking past the dueling chamber Tabitha heard the sounds of someone, very aggressively, casting spells. Curious, the Gryffindor poked her head inside.

Tabitha saw Saffron, a smart girl from one of her classes, casting various spells at the training dummy. Tabitha was kind of in awe. She could cast so many spells, and so fast! I want to be able to duel like that one day! Tabitha watched as Saffron sent spell after spell at the dummy, and a shield up every so often. Once the final spell was sent, and Tabitha had moved completely into the room, Tabitha started clapping. "Wow that was so awesome! You'll pass you Defense Against the Dark Arts Exam no problem!" Tabitha told her.

"That's the idea." Saffron responded as she pushed her sweaty bangs from her face. She was wearing old comfortable robes so she didn't mess up her uniform. She shot a leg locker curse at the dummy. The legs of it snapped together and it fell back. Saffron nodded appreciatively. She looked the girl up and down and recognized her from Halloween though she didn't have the armor. "Well nice to see that there isn't any chocolate to distract you now." She said. There was no sarcasm in her voice then again there was no tone there at all. Saffron climbed down from the platform and walked right up to her.

She offered the girl her hand. "Saffron Ironsong. You're in Defense Against the Dark Arts class as well if I remember correctly." She said. Though Saffron was a stern child because of the teachings of her household Saffron had managed to gain friends. It was odd really because in her old school she had always been the odd one out despite the power of her family. Saffron had grown used to it and finally embraced the fact that she was meant to be better. Here there where people that still lingered around her even though Saffron wasn't really all that good for conversation unless it involved facts or figures.

Tabitha blushed lightly when Saffron commented on how she had acted at Halloween. "My mom only lets me have chocolate on special occasions." Tabitha explained. Of course that didn't stop the old couple who ran the cafe her mother worked at from always giving her a few of the left over treats at the end of the day, but that was their little secret. Besides who doesn't stuff themselves silly with candy on Halloween? It's a requirement! Tabitha thought.

Tabitha raised an eyebrow when Saffron stuck out her hand for her to shake. She had never met someone her age who shook hands before. Never one to turn down a friendly gesture though Tabitha shook the girls hand. "Yep! Nice to meet you, again, Saffron! I'm Tabitha." she introduced herself cheerfully. "I didn't know we were allowed in here without a teacher." Tabitha commented as she looked over at the dummy. Of course she guessed it didn't really matter if the students weren't firing at each other right? "Do they make you cast spells during the exam? I wasn't expecting it with all the essay writing we're doing." Tabitha asked.

Saffron sniffed showing her agreement. "My mother is a Healer so she's pretty strict about our diets as well. That and I'm rather picky when it comes to sweets." She told her. It was true in a sense. Everything where she came from was so tightly regulated and controlled that Saffron was having a difficult time of it coming up with things to do with the time that she now seemed to have on her hands. She did manage to keep busy though with extra research and of course practice. She did miss the structure though that had come with the kind of lifestyle she had before. She had met one boy who was kind of like her though whenever she came across him now it was only in class and he was usually somewhere int the back where she never looked because the never really made it a habit to look around unless it was to see if Crawford was going snap so she could document it. She was fully convinced that it was only a matter of time before the Hufflepuff had a break down.

She noted that Tabitha looked a little put off by her offer for a handshake but then again Saffron she figured once again that her own education had been all together different than those of her peers. "Any official duels must be mediated by a staff member it's true but students are perfectly free to come in here and practice or have mock duels as a part of the Student Defense Association which I joined only because of the absence of an real Duel Club." She said. This part was much like her old school. A staff member had to be present in order for an Arena duel to take place. Here, she assumed because of the level and nature of magic that they where studying, is was so they could award points and make sure that the students did not get hurt by a wayward spell. In Ravenwood it had been because the students where more likely to kill each other if not supervised. "The way I see it it's always better to know the practical side of the magic we're learning and not need it than need it and not know it. Besides the theory always comes before the practice. Even if you're trying to raise the dead." There was no sign in her tone whether she was joking or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back