Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Tybalt
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Poplar Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Rhiannon was on the night shift in ED. It was surprisingly Q word for a night shift, and she wondered if it would stay that way

[[the Q word is obviously quiet. which is a cursed word in any health facility, much like McBeth is in the theatre. though when io was working in the vaccine centres, at the end we would walk around saying that word hoping it would draw people in]]

Abian wasn't very used to the night shift yet, he went to get another coffee to keep him awake. He nodded in greeting at Rhiannon. "Hi."

Rhiannon saw abian one of the younger healers approaching her a hot drink in hand. maybe a coffee would be a good idea. if there was one thing that summoned patients more than saying the q word it was getting a hot drink. "Hi Abian. how is your shift going?" she asked

Abian shrugged. “It’s kind of boring honestly. I didn’t have to do many night shifts while I was in training, I always thought they’d be intense.” He told her honestly.

'they can be. a busy nightshift can feel like three days work. but a qu- peaceful one is nice." she said

Abian nodded. "Guess it is a bit quiet." He said, glancing around.

rhiannon looked at the younger healer as he spoke and put her finger against her lips "Shh. don't use the Q word" she whispered

Abian frowned. "What, quiet?" He asked, then winced. "Sorry."

rhiannon raised her eyebrows. If five people suddenly decide to come through that door. i will suddenly remember its dinner time" she said. she wouldn't of course, that wasn't what doctors did, but she knew better than to tempt fate.

Abian frowned a bit at Rhiannon's words. He didn't get it. "Is it like, a cursed word?" He asked, wondering briefly if this was superstition or something actually magical. He didn't know.

Rhiannon rolled her eyes slightly but played along. "Yes, it has a taboo on it when at work or when a parent. as soon as you even think it something goes wrong." she said.

Abian felt a little nervous when he saw the older healer roll her eyes. He guessed this was common knowledge that he had somehow missed. "Oh." He said, then he frowned a bit. "Is it actually like. Magically cursed that way?" He knew he probably sounded dumb, but he'd like to know if this was a superstition or a real thing he had to worry about.

Rhiannon chuckled slightly at the boys reaction before she realised that the young healer was serious "no, well not that I am aware of. But people tend to be superstitious." she said. thinking of all the other superstitions that she had seen over the years from the classic never saying he q word, to knowing it would get busy when one got a cup of coffee to the patients who didnt want to be in rooms with specific numbers or her friend who always had a specific pen in his pocket even though it had run out of ink years ago, and her surgeon friend who always worded things a specific way to avoid bad things happening during surgery. she hadn't spoken to either of them in ages. and she wondered how they were.

Abian was relieved to hear the whole thing was just a superstition. He didn’t really believe in those, not even after going to a magical school for seven years. Still, he nodded. He didn’t want to be rude. “I won’t use the word anymore. Promise.” He said with a smirk.

Rhiannon chuckled as avian said that he wouldn’t use the word any more before letting out a yawn and checking her watch. 3am. Still four hours to go. I might get a coffee before the next round of check ups. Did you want one she said. If she didn’t wake herself up a bit soon the beds would start to look more appealing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back