Pysching herself Up

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda walked as quickly as she could down on to the pitch, it was Christmas Eve morning and everyone that was left in the castle seemed to be tucked up in bed. Her nerves were completely shot, this had happened the last time as well but somehow she had thought that it would get better. That with time, she would accept her fate and her nerves like hyperactive butterflies within her would settle. But truly she hadn't given herself any time at all. It had only been a month since the last full moon.

She sighed and leaned her Sienna Storm, 'Falcon' against one of the stands, then checking her laces were properly tied, Andromeda did some stretches before taking off at a run. This morning she kept a frantic pace, she didn't want to slow down once, she didn't want to start slow or end slow. She felt the blood pumping throughout her and knew she would be sick again today, even now her body had begun to ache but she pushed through the pain. For now it was mild but the closer it got to the full moon the sicker she would get.

Her heart was beating faster and louder it seemed but still she ran, first one lap then two. She knew she was gearing herself up for the onslaught on her body and mind that was to come later. Andromeda had promised herself that she would not let her body become just a host for this thing, she would keep herself strong so that She, Andromeda would be strong. It was a silly notion and she knew this as well. It was more likely that a strong healthy human form, an even stronger healthier werewolf form.

Andromeda could feel the sweat begin to bead now on her forehead and back as she pushed herself through her third lap. This was a big pitch but she didn't mind she needed to work alot out of her system. When she was done running, she would do some speed laps and turns with her broom. For now though her feet pounded the grass on the pitch.

Patrick hadn't many chances to fly his streak so had decided that of all mornings Christmas Eve would be a good one, goodness knows he wasn't going to get a chance later. He walked in through the entrance and his heart contracted in pain. He watched as his niece tore herself up running as fast as she could around the pitch. Silently he watched and then having had enough he walked over to stop her in her tracks.
"Hey Ace" he called to her as she approached.

Andromeda saw her uncle and was at first tempted to just keep running but eventually she pulled up just infront of him.
"Hey! what are you doing here?"

She didn't mean to be rude she just didn't have it in her at that moment to be nice. In fact she was beginning to feel testy and irritable and running had helped to take the edge off of it somehow. Now it was returning and big time.

"Well I was coming out to fly but I can see that there are other things more important right now. How are you holding up?" he had noticed the curt way in which she had answered him and let it go. She wasn't usually like that and figured it was the wolf getting stronger as it's time got nearer.
"You still need to take you wolfsbane potion today, don't forget it" he told her.

She could feel her blood begin to boil and her stomach heave, run just keep running she told herself but she knew she couldn't with her uncle standing there.
"Well don't not fly on my account" she blurted, way to go for her bad grammer she groaned. She sighed loudly then looked at him, it was as if she were no longer an eleven year old girl standing infront of him but an older much older creature.
"I'm holding up fine, considering and I will take my wolfsbane the same as I've always taken it. I haven't stopped yet have I?" she almost glared now, Andromeda could feel beads of sweat forming on her face and it wasnt perspiration from running.

"Ace you don't need to be so rude you know, this is me here" he said to her kindly, knowing it was pointless he could see even now from her eyes that she wasn't rude because she wanted to be, she was rude because it was her nature to be at least for now it was.

"Would you like to fly with me?"

"Uncle Patrick I'm not stupid I know who you are!" suddenly she doubled over as if punched in the gut, "Aaaaarrgghhhh!"
Andromeda cried out in pain, this was bad real bad. Was she sick this early last month, she hadn't thought so.
"I think flying is out for today" she smiled weakly at him.

Patrick was over to her like a shot.
"Ace are you ok?" he asked her placing his arm about her shoulders.
She looked terrible indeed, her face ashen and beaded in sweat.
"I'm taking you to the hospital wing right now and don't argue ok?" he said it firmly so that she would know how serious he was.

Andromeda merely nodded her head she didn't feel as if she had the strength to argue at that point. The only thing she could think about right then though was her broom, she motioned to it with her hand.
"Can you get 'Falcon'" she asked as her stomach heaved and she fell to her knees on the grass.

Patrick took his wand out instantly and summoned the broom then holding his own broom out beside it, sent the two of them back to the hospital. Pocketing his wand he carefully bent down to retrieve his niece from the ground. With one fluid movement he picked her up as if she was no more than a rag doll. Slowly he began to walk off the pitch knowing he had a long walk back to the castle with her but also knowing she wouldn't be able to make it on her own steam.

"It's alright Ace, I got you. I'm here, I'm here" he almost crooned the words comfortingly to her as he walked.

Andromeda could feel herself being lifted up, she turned to snuggle into the warm solid chest of her uncle. She felt safe here, protected. Her stomach was in agony now but it was coming in waves. This had happened the last time too so she knew that the pain would eventually subside. She felt warm, very warm and clammy.

Andromeda listened to her uncles voice and closed her eyes, trying desperately to block everything else but that out. Slowly she drifted into unconsciousness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back