Arle
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Wand
Curly 8 1/2 Inch Sturdy Silver Lime Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Yellow for @Aine Thompson

The perks of being to deliver roses as a professor were that Noelle already knew most of the students, especially those who were in his class. He did not need to resort to dumping them at their house tables in the Great Hall. As a former Puff, Noelle figured it would be nice to bring his last delivery to the corridor close to his house. He asked a first-year to call out the intended recipient of this delivery. He stood to the side, waiting and nodding at the students greeting him as they passed by.

Aine had enough of roses and Valentines, even if having roses was some kind of social protection. Like she could hold them to say that she had received them so she could well and truly be left alone. But her name was called out, and she ducked out of the common room where she had been reading to look around, spotting one of the professors. She only vaguely knew him, as he was one of the upper years teachers, she thought he taught Defence Against the Dark Arts? Had her duelling failures and attempts to manage the boggart and now the Imperius Curse caused some kind of issue? Surely then Professor Abberline would be talking to her instead? "Er, hello, Professor...is something wrong?"

"I apologized for the interruptions but I am actually here on rose business.", Noelle explained with a small smile as he held up the rose for her to see. He had the roses individually wrapped in some colored Japanese paper tied with a ribbon that matched the rose's color. "There's also a note attached to it.", he added.

Just so we're clear, you're my best friend. I love listening to you go on. I know you struggle with yourself, but I see a very intelligent, clever, captivating woman. You know you mean the world to me, don't you? ~Valerius

Aine looked between the rose, and the professor, tilting her head a bit in confusion. "Oh, that has got to be against some kind of regulation," she said, quickly shutting her mouth when she realised she had in fact said it out loud instead of just thinking it. Professors delivering roses felt...extremely inappropriate, and Aine was just relieved that the rose was yellow. If it was a pink or a red rose she probably would have run straight to Professor Alcott-Ward to demand an explanation. Now she was tempted to look up what sort of laws the wizarding community even had. But the rose was so nicely presented, and she read the message (almost making a show of hiding it from the professor's view) and her heart sank. The message was so kind and thoughtful, and the rose she'd sent to Valerius had been a terrible deflective joke. Putting anything affectionate down in a situation like this felt absurd. Still, she'd have to thank him properly and apologize for hers. After Valentine's, probably, she didn't want to get in the way of romance. "Thanks, Professor. Hope you aren't all using these as like, some kinda surveillance or invasions of privacy or something weird."

Noelle raised his brows at the suddent remark. Sure, it was a surpise to see a professor doing deliveries and it was a first too from what he could remember. He handed the rose to Aine slightly amused at how she tried to hide the note from him. He could not even clearly see it from where he was standing. "You're very welcome.", he replied, letting out a small chuckle. "Nah, not invasion nor surveillance.", he leaned against the wall. "I just think it would be fun to deliver roses again. And you know, the notes are sealed when they were handed to the messengers.", he explained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back