Proposition #6

Should the pitch be divided into sections and players be required to RP where they are when they pos

• Yes. It will help players visualize the game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. It's confusing enough as it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
I have shared this with Alicia and decided to throw it out there for people to consider.

2h808j4.jpg

As you can see, the Pitch has been divided into 10 sections (5 per side). For now, they have simply been labeled using a compass/directional/geographical type system with scoring areas (SA) at the North and South ends of the pitch near the hoops.

This is being proposed to make Quidditch a little easier to visualize and realistic to play. Essentially, players would need to post which part of the pitch they were in whenever they posted and could only move one quadrant (horizontal, vertical, or diagonally) per post.

This should make it easier to figure out where everyone is on the pitch so that passing of the quaffle, directing bludgers at other players, etc. makes more sense. It would go along with the "Nobody is that fast" rule to prevent people from intercepting every Quaffle pass.

I am also proposing that the Snitch role play where on the pitch it appears so that the Seekers might have to race over a couple of zones (i.e. post a couple of times to get there). The Snitch could then decide if it wanted to move (i.e. repost in another adjacent part of the pitch) if the seekers weren't "quick enough" to catch it.

Basically, an official post might look something like this.
Team: Gryffindor
Postion: Beater
Quidditch Points: 200
Starting Position: NE

Bruin spotted an oncoming bludger and noticed out of the corner of his eye that the opposing team's Seeker had her back to him nearby (in NW).  Bruin brought his beater's bat to shoulder level, flew directly at the oncoming bludger and struck it directly at the Seeker's back.

Action Taken: Hit bludger
Points used: 10 points
Points remaining: 190 points
Finishing Postion: NE

nerd alert!! nah i'm just kidding Bruin, this is actually a really good idea! looks like you took a lot of time thinking about this

I especially like the part about the snitch, because it will make the game last somewhat longer, and also allowing people to score goals on the opposing teams.

Thanks...just something I whipped up while my pocket protectors were in the wash. Nerds are cool, but I prefer to think of myself as gifted. :oy:

Bruin Dumbledez said:
Thanks...just something I whipped up while my pocket protectors were in the wash. Nerds are cool, but I prefer to think of myself as gifted. :oy:
i :wub: nerds
i to am a nerd and a pretty much a very >XO< nerd at that

:-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B

but in all seriousness, this is a great idea!!

I am wholeheartedly in support of the addition of this to quidditch. My biggest concern that it addresses is in relation to the 'nobody is that fast' rule.

Yes, yes, yes and more YES! I think this idea would really clear some things up. :oy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back