Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 14" Flexible Larch Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
After the Hogwarts Monthly had been published and he had seen people's reactions, he was feeling a little overwhelmed. He was happy that his article was published again, especially since it was something somewhat important to him, fighting for what he believed in. But after a while of watching other people's reactions he wanted to get away from the great hall. Lennon took his copy of the paper and sat on the edge of a fountain in the courtyard.

He opened up the paper and looked past his article and instead read the Editor's Note again. He smiled as he came across his name and the statement of his promotion. He had been expecting to get benched for the article he wrote since it hadn't been too nice for the interviewee, but instead his editor had accepted his point of view as a journalist and he had finally been promoted to a full time staff writer. The Ravenclaw was pretty pleased with himself and felt like doing something, anything to celebrate, but he didn't know what exactly.

Sianna had the hogwarts monthly in her hands, she had picked up a copy when it had come out just to see what Lennon had in fact written and she didn't think it was as made as he had made it out to be, but it was as she read the rest of it, that the editors note, after some sketchy odd horoscopes stood out. She felt so pleased for him, she was happy that he would be a full time writer of the Monthly, she was proud of him for doing that so as soon as she had finished her breakfast the serbian girl had exited the hall, asking the first few people she came across about if they'd seen Lennon. He was a good friend to her, a good date to the ball. So the teen was determined to find him and offer her congratulations to him.

Eventually she spotted her friend at the courtyard, "Lennon!" she called out to him, both pride and joy in her tone as she rushed over to him hesitating over giving him a hug and in the end opting to not, "Congratulations!" she told him grinning easily, perhaps in a more excited manner than she had been when she had gotten on to the yearbook. She was proud of him, proud of her friend, "And the article was definitely not as bad as you made it out to be," Sianna assured him, she wasn't sure how the professors would react but the Rumour Has It magazine had written far worse and in her knowledge no one had been caught and punished for that. It had to be assumed that a school sanctioned magazine would be able to print what it's writers had written with little consequences unless it was truly horrible.

Lennon looked up when he heard his name being called across the courtyard and grinned when he saw Sianna rushing towards him. As if his day couldn't get any better. "Hey!" he greeted her as she stopped in front of him, "Thanks!" Though he was usually reserved and even his smiles were shy, he couldn't help the bright smile on his face right now. He laughed again as she said his article had not been as bad as he had thought it was and seemed relieved to hear that. The thought was reassuring considering Sianna did not share the same views on Quidditch as he did, so if she thought it wasn't bad then perhaps the school would brush it off too. "I'm glad then, wouldn't want an angry mob coming after me," he joked.

"The whole time I thought my editor would get mad at me for the article, and instead she promoted me," he chuckled. Although he had protested with Carlotta at first over the assignment, now he was glad that she had pushed him out of his comfort zone. "Next step is editor," he said, though he laughed nervously as he ruffled his hair because he did not think he had it in him to fulfill such a position. He looked up at her and said, "What about you, how have you been?"

Sianna was pleased that he looked so happy about what had happened about the promotion and she was happy that the article that he'd written was definitely not as bad as he had made it out to be, or how Sianna had understood it. The girl had done a lot of reading, she read a lot of articles and she could attest that he was just doing his job on the monthly, sure it wasn't as bright and cheerful as some of the other articles, "I doubt that'll happen, and besides if it did, then that's on them for not understanding what journalism is," Sianna herself was still of course learning about what it was, at her young age she was still learning a lot about the world. She had much to learn that was for sure, but she had learned at this point what journalism was.

"Didn't the last monthly talk to the former head boy whose friend had just died? I don't think the monthly cares too much about getting mad or annoying people. You did your job and you did it well," Sianna encouraged, working for the Accio yearbook was far less work, she definitely didn't need to work as hard as he did, even just to get on to the team, it was just a matter of training and then taking it over when the other person left. She nodded, "I'm sure you'll make a fine editor when that comes around," Sianna was sure that he would be able to manage it, "Oh much of the same, but we should celebrate or something, you got promoted, what do you want to do?" Sianna wouldn't really do that for anyone else, Lennon was one of her only friends, and she wanted him to celebrate what he had gotten, what promotion he had received, so she figured if he wanted to do something then they could do it.

Lennon chuckled at her comments about the magazine's lack of sensitivity and made sure to log that in his file of arguments against the publication in case he got in trouble for his article. Although he didn't think he had the nerve to go for something as big as editor, he appreciated Sianna's encouragement and her belief in him. It made him feel like perhaps he could do it after all. He just needed to keep pushing himself out of his comfort zone and he would keep being rewarded. It had worked out so far for him this year, with the Hogwarts Monthly, with asking Sianna to the yule ball, he was sure it could work for editor too.

Lennon smiled when she mentioned celebrating because he had felt like doing something too. It was almost an antsy feeling, like the happiness was bubbling inside him and he needed to let it out somehow. "Yes, I've been wanting to celebrate, but I don't even know what I want to do!" he exclaimed, laughing a little at his indecisiveness. "What would you do to celebrate if you were in my shoes?" he wondered. Lately he was feeling reckless and restless, he dreamt of things he would never have the guts to do like jump in the fountain he was leaning against or setting off fireworks or anything that was a break from his daily routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back