Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
14 1/2 inch Flexible Ebony Wand with a Phoenix Core
Edward made his way to the Herbology Greenhouses since it was closer to the dungeons than anywhere else he needed to go at the moment. It also didn't hurt that this particular delivery had several roses so that it was like making multiple deliveries in one trip. "Let's see Professor Castillo teaches advance Herbology" Edward said to himself as he made his way to the Professor's office, he hoped to catch him before he had to teach a lesson. Knocking three times loudly Edward had taken off his sandwich sign by the door and waited for an answer. "Professor I need to see you right away!" Edward called through the door hoping it would get his attention.

@Professor Angel Castillo

At the sound of knocking and a student's voice, Angel was already imagining some sort of horrible, plant related maiming. Sighing, he got to his feet, checking his pocket for his wand and opening the door. "If something bit you, you should probably go to the hospital wing," He said tiredly, surprised to see a younger student rather than one of his OWL or NEWT kids.

Edward was surprised that the door was opened by someone that was not as energetic as he would have expected. "Are you Professor Castillo?" Edward asked as he wanted to make sure that he was delivering the roses to the correct person. It would be embarrassing to deliver a rose to the wrong person and some people had very similar names and appearances. "Sorry, I don't know who all the Professors in the school yet" Edward added a bit sheepishly.

"Well you're not bleeding so that's a good sign," Angel said, noting the roses the younger student had with him and straightening up a little. "Yeah, that's me. You'll be in my class eventually assuming none of the plants manage to eat you before then," He said casually, though he hoped the kid knew he was kidding. Mostly kidding.

"Plants that can eat you!" Edward said excitedly as he began to rise onto his tippy toes in order to see into Professor Castillo's office. "Do you have one in there? Are they big like a venus fly-trap or do they slowly absorb you somehow? Do they grow in the wild? How do muggles not find them?" Edward exclaimed as he continued to try and look past the Professor. A plant like that would be an excellent specimen to experiment on. "I got an idea, you can have the message and the roses and get to teach a first year a lesson! How lucky are you?" Edward said excitedly as he continued to bounce on his toes while handing over two yellow roses, a pink rose and a message.

Prof. Castillo,

Thank you so much for all the fun lessons. I've learned a lot from you.

Alexis

Angel wasn't quite prepared for the inundation of questions that followed from the boy, blinking for a few moments as he tried to process them. "Uh, sure, great, thanks.." He said slowly, a little steamrolled by the interaction as he took the roses and stepped aside so the kid could enter his office. "Technically I'm off-duty so consider this a crash course," Angel said, smiling quickly at the note from Alexis and summoning a vase for the roses while he considered how to begin this little lesson. "There's all sorts of dangerous plants out there of various shapes and sizes.. Ah, here, check this one out, a Fanged Geranium. Feisty little flower with teeth that has no qualms about taking a bite out of you," He said, walking them over to one of the geraniums he'd been trying to nurse back to health after it had tried eaten a student's ink well earlier.

Edward walked into the office and saw the plant that Professor Castillo showed him with fascination. He knew that to be a good inventor required studying the properties of more than just inanimate objects. In the magical world both plants and animals could contain magical properties that muggles were not aware of. It had been mentioned in a book head checked out from the library recently though at this point in his magical career he'd already picked up on it. "Aside from wanting to eat you, do they have any unique properties?" Edward asked as he stepped closer to the plant but not close enough to lose a finger.

"This one particularly has a fondness for eating all my cufflinks," Angel said, frowning as the plant took a snap at them, grateful the student was keeping his distance. "But yes, besides being pretty common garden features for the particularly paranoid or masochistic, the fangs provide a little, heh, bite, in a lot of potions and culinary recipes," Angel said, rattling off some of his usual lecture spiel. "If you ever find yourself on the wrong end of one you just wanna-" Angel drew his wand, casting a quick immobilization charm on the geranium. "- immobilize it nice a quick. Easy," He said, putting his wand back away with a little flourish, unable to resist the chance to show off to a receptive audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back