Professors are scary! Or not...

Mason Kuang

OOC First Name
Sally
Wand
Lightsaber
On one beautiful Sunday morning, Mason got up from the pool heading to shower. He had his swimming lesson with his coach, most of his coach were impatient just like his mother who wanted Mason to concentrate at all time. But Mason was still five, he had to play sometimes but sadly, the professors that were hired by Mason's parents were all strict and most of them scared Mason. This explained why Mason did exactly what they said and even though he was crying, he didn't dare to stop learning. He would continue what he was doing even though he was as tired as ever. Some of the professors treated him like he was 20 years old, the professor who taught him piano was one of the example. The second was the one who taught him violin, she was worse than the professor who taught Mason piano. But again, Mason was too scared to talk back, he did exactly what his professors, coach, and parents said.

The little boy walk toward the bath tub as he played with the bubble happily. Unlike those kids who hated bath, mason loves taking a bath since he could relax for a while. And unlike any other kids who could play with their rubber duck whenever they wanted, Mason could only play it when he was taking a bath, he couldn't bring it to the swimming pool since his mother told him that it would distract him from practicing. Little Mason was soon called by the house elf, he knew that the professor was going to be there in a minute. The boy dried himself with a small towel and took a clothes, and with the help of the house elf, Mason got dressed.

Mason walk slowly toward the dining room and ate his lunch, waiting for the professor to come. He knew nothing about this new professor, he was hoping that he wasn't as strict as any other professor. But there was a big chance of this professor to be scary, after all, he was a professor and scaring little kids was all he/ she did, Manson thought. Right after he finished his meal and milk, the door bell rang, Mason took his pencil and book and walk toward the private library. The boy hated quill just like his father, this explained why he had a pencil and an eraser on his left hand. Mason sat on the chair, waiting for the professor to enter the room. He knew that the house elf would show the professor the direction to the private library, that was why Mason didn't greet the professor in front of the door.

Riley put his his blazer on and ruffled up his hair one last time. His career had been sky rocketing recently. He had become a shop keeper then a Professor and now he was a private tutor in his spare time. He really was making something of his life an he was providing for his new family. He wondered what this little kid that he would be teaching.

Walking out of the door Riley took a deep breath before apperating out to the place where he would be working for a while today. Once him feet touched the ground he looked up at the house and walked up the the doors and knocked on them. He wondered how he would start. Riley would not let him use magic as he was too young but the could teach him the theory and give demonstrations himself. He planned everything out in his head as he waited to be let in the house

Edric was planning on bringing his baby, Mason to muggle institution so at least Mason knew how to interact with muggles and with babies on his age. But he was surprised that he heard a knock from the door. He quickly walk toward the door finding a fine young lad wearing a blazer. "I'm assuming that you're here to teach Mason? Professor Riley Smith?" Qing the house elf quickly came toward him offering the lad a drink. Edric didn't really know what he was teaching but he was going to ask Yvette later on. The man hired professors instead of ordinary teacher so that Mason could learn from the best. After all, Edric wanted him to be the best not the worse. Edric wasn't going to deal with him with the payment, he leave all of those to Yvette and he knew that his wife handle it better than him.

Edric let the lad in with a smile on his face leading him to Mason's private library. "So tell me more about your self, graduated from?" Edric wasn't going to hire those who didn't have any experience, he didn't mind if this fine lad didn't have any experience with teaching little kids, after all, all of the professor who taught Mason was teaching him like an adult so Edric didn't really mind. When they reach the third floor, Edric opened the door on the right finding Mason sitting all by himself. "Mason this is Professor Riley Smith and he will be teaching you a little about magic theory" When Edric meant a little, he meant a book or two or more. "I'll leave you two alone, and about the payment, I'll give it after the class is over." He said and smiled "By the way, thank you Professor Riley Smith" He said before leaving. Edric used to be a flying professor in Hogwarts Scotland and in Juilliard muggle university along with his wife.

Riley walked into the house when an older man opened the door to him. He nodded. "Yeah, well the last time i checked i was." He said joking around but straitening up a he thought that his humour may be lost on these people. He looked around and rested his eyes on a house elf but looked back to the guy as he started to speak to him. "Well i graduated from Hogwarts Scotland with good grades and then i became a shop keeper then recently a Professor." Riley said keeping it brief as he didnt like to talk about himself in much detail to strangers but he did say what was needed.

When a young kid came into the room Riley smiled warmly at him. "Hey there. Yeah im Professor Smith and i will e teaching you some Defence Against The Dark Arts." He said still smiling. He looked up to the guy that had spoke to him and nodded. "Ok then no problem. And your welcome." He said before looking back to the kid. "So mason. Do you have any questions before we start?" He asked him

[Just like any other Professor, Professor Smith was talking formal to Mason. The baby didn't really mind but sometimes he wanted them to act like his favorite baby sitter, who would squeak out when she saw him and told him that he was smart, unlike his parents who never tell him that he was that smart. "No Profwesa" He said still struggling in saying professor. After all, he was only five and his first language was Chinese, not English. The boy kept quiet and hope that the Professor wont yell at him if he made a little mistake.

Riley could help but grin at what the child said. It was so cute, yes Riley found it cute but who wouldnt. He had all this to look forward to with Lowan. He stood to his full 5ft 9in height and clapped his hands together once. "Ok then little man lets get started. I will try and make this as fun as i can but be warned, i may over does on the fun." He said laughing. "Dont worry about being all formal and such with me, you will find im very laid back so just be yourself." He said sitting down on the floor and opening a book up. "Ok well fill me in on what you already know abut Defence against the dark arts." He asked looking up at the child. He wondered what he could do to make it fun. Maybe demonstrations and laughs, all the stuff that kids love. He didnt think that it should be too hard to do really.

Mason felt so great after knowing that Professor Smith was laid back, well hopefully he was... When the professor asked what dark arts was, Manson's smile faded as he became serious. He knew nothing about the dark arts, if it was mama who asked him, she would probably start lecturing him for hours for not knowing what it was. Mama had always wanted Mason to read all the books in the library but little Mason didn't really have time since he was almost always in front of the piano. "Kiwwing (killing) other people?" He said hoping that his answer was correct. He had two things in his mind, the painting with dark colors or the death eaters.

Riley pressed his lips together as he smiled at what the boy said again. He chuckled as he talked. "Kind of yes but its not always about killing." He said opening a book to the first page. "Dark arts can also be about causing pain." He said pointing at some curses, the unforgivable ones. These woul be the subject of his first lesson. "Ok well the first thing i wil teach you is about thee curses. Imperio, Crucio and Avada Kedavra. These are the unforgivable curses and the are illegal to cast. They are classed as dark magic." He said before continuing. "The effects of each curse is. Imperio makes you able to fully control something or someone. Crucio tortures a target and Avada Kedavra kills the target." Riley said pointing to a spot in the page where it explained what he had just said. "Are yo following so far?" He asked

Mason listen to the professor carefully, he was talking about "Imperio, Crucio, and Avada Kedavra" He mouthed following Professor Smith. He knew exactly what he was talking about, those three curses had been memorized by him ever since his father told him the story about the dark lord and Harry Potter. `sooo this is what you call the dark arts? I thought it's called... The dark lord vs Harry Potter!` He thought in his mind. "Yes Profwessor, baba told me about this before. He said that Viktor Kwum (Krum) was under an Impelio (imperio) curse before." He said trying to remember what baba said.

Riley nodded at his reply. He wasnt well educated on the potters, mainly because he didnt really care about them all that much and he never really followed the Tri Wizard Tournament but he had heard that story somewhere. "Yes that is true but im not going to be teaching you about Harry Potter though." He said before continuing. "Well i ill teach you about the physical effects of these spells now. Each time you use then they take a toll on your appearance after a while." He said swallowing e really wasnt used to teaching children this young but he would just teach the very basics. "You following?"

Mason didn't really understand what the professor said, his English was too hard for him and Mason's father forgot to hire a Professor who could taught him English. The little boy was too scared to tell the professor that he didn't understand and he knew that his father would be mad at him for not understanding what the professor said. "Yes" He said weakly. Toll? Appearance? The little boy thought trying to figure out what it meant. He wanted to get the English Chinese dictionary from the racks so bad but he was too afraid to stand up and he couldn't reach it.

Riley bit his slightly. The boy looked slightly confused and his tone backed him up on that. Riley smiled kindly a the boy. "You sound like you lost. Do you want me to explain anything?" He said looking at the boy curiously as he spoke. He wondered if the child had been brought up like this his whole life. Riley would never do this to Lowan he would want him to go out and play with the other kids and not be stuck inside learning bout magic all the time. "You dont need to be afraid of asking questions. Like i said. Im very laid back." He said with a smile

Mason decided to ask what it meant, if the professor yelled at him for being stupid then Mason would just keep his mouth shut and listen to him carefully. "What toll and pwisichal (Physical) and laid back" The little baby knew that baba was going to lecture him for not knowing those words and he knew that his baba was going to hire another professor who could teach him English this was why he never really talk about his problems to his father. He didn't want any other classes. "I apologize for being stupid" Mason said hoping that the professor wouldn't be mad at him as he looked down to the carpet.

Riley smiled as the boy asked a question.He was pleased that he did so as now he knew tat he could ask questions in Riley's class. He wasnt sure hos the other Professor's taught him but Riley liked his classes to be fun, even in Hogwarts he never shouted. He tilted his head and looked at him quizzically, why was he apologizing for asking what some words meant."Dont apologize for asking me a question. Your a child i dont expect you to have memorise the entire English dictionary." He said with a laugh as he began to answer his question. "Well Toll mean damage and Physical means your body." He said with a smile. "You happy now. Is there anything else you want to ask?" Riley asked making sure he could continue with Mason being confused about anything else

If only baba was like Professor Smith, Mason would be so happy. It seemed that Professor Smith wasn't like Mason's baba. The little boy took his pencil and quickly write down the definition of those two words so that he wont forget it. "When I grew up I wanna know all those words both in Chinese and English" Mason didn't really mean it, he knew that he hard work would be needed in order to memorize all those words and this little boy had too many things to do. "No more question" He said with his baby-ish voice before looking at the professor, smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back