OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
Jasper had just eaten lunch, and was on his way to the common room to get his things before his afternoon lessons. He didn't have a very busy day, so just wanted to quickly pick up his books before class. Maybe he would have time to play a bit of Quidditch after class too, with the upcoming match Jasper kind of felt like he needed every moment of practice he could get. He was looking forward to his Defence lesson later in the day, as an aspiring Auror it was definitely one of his favorite classes. The boy pushed past a few younger students, then saw a familiar face he didn't really want to see. He winced, turning away quickly, hoping Lily's sister hadn't spotted him. What was she doing here?

Rose had been... struggling lately. She knew she had some issues to work out. And she knew she had been wrong. She sighed, making her way down to the dungeons. She hadn't told Lily what she was doing, and honestly kind of hoped her older sister never found out. She spotted who she was looking for the moment he saw her. She nearly winced as he turned away. Right, yeah, she probably deserved that. "Jasper!" She called, pushing her way through the other kids and cutting in front of him. "Hey, can we talk?" She asked, ignoring that she was closer in height to him than Lily was.

Jasper groaned as he heard his name be called, it was Rose without a doubt. He contemplated running away, but figured that might be more dangerous, considering the girl's temper. He jumped as she suddenly showed up in front of him, and he took step back quickly. "Don't punch me." He said hurriedly, raising his hands in a defensive stance. "If Lily went to the forest again, it had nothing to do with me!"

Rose hesitated at his reaction, hanging her head and rubbing the back of her neck. "No, I'm not-" She sighed. "Look... I'm sorry." She offered meekly. "I was... wrong." She admitted, shrugging and looking away, sticking her hands in her pockets. It wasn't easy for Rose to admit she was wrong, or easy to even apologize, but she knew it needed to be done.

Jasper frowned at Rose as she said sorry, squinting at her suspiciously. That didn't seem like her, and he suspected there was some sort of trick going on. But then she just said she was wrong, and Jasper slowly lowered his hands. "Why... are you saying this now?" He asked her, it had been ages since she had hit him. "And what makes you think you're wrong now?" He added, wondering if Lily had talked to her.

Rose blushed, shrugging and looking away. She crossed her arms, shifting uncomfortably. "Nothing," She tried to lie sullenly, sighing when it fell flat even to her ears. She shook her head. "I... have anger issues. I was scared and overprotective and worried that Lily wouldn't need me anymore." She admitted slowly. "I... don't have friends, Jasper. Never have. I thought... if Lily didn't need me, I would disappear." She sighed. "I"m... figuring myself out a bit, alright? I know I was wrong to knock you in the nose, alright? I'm... I'm sorry." She admitted gently, shoulder slumping.

Jasper frowned a little as Rose told him more, much more than he had expected. He was pretty sure she didn't like him, so he hadn't really expected much of an answer. "Lily needs you." He said with a shrug. "Just not as some... knight, but as a sister, I'd guess." He told her. He paused when Rose said she didn't have any friends, feeling a little uncomfortable with her honesty. "Well, apology accepted." He said after thinking for a moment. "I could... help you get friends? I'm pretty good at it, if I say so myself." He said confidently. "I could give you tips, or whatever."

Rose shrugged at his offer. "Thanks I guess, but I doubt you could help. Most people don't really like me." She knew the truth, there was no point trying to change it. "I'm not sweetness like Lily. She just... draws everyone in. I can't do that." She shook her head, wrapping her arms around her torso and backing away. "Thanks though. I'll... see you around, I guess." She stepped away, giving him a weak smile and a half-hearted wave.

Jasper huffed out a breath when Rose said most people didn't like her. "Rose, I bet most people don't know you or think you want to spend any time with them. You give off this vibe like you're too cool to need anyone." He told her. "But you don't have to be sweet like Lily to have friends. I'm not, and I have plenty of friends." He said, taking a step closer. "C'mon, let me help you." He said, and as she started to walk away, Jasper ran forward to cut her off. "C'moooon." He said, grinning. "You know you want to."

Rose shook her head. Cool? Rose was anything but. Sad, sure. A little lonely, maybe, but cool? Hardly. She thought it was over and done with, but then he was in her way. She quirked a brow. "And Lily likes you?" She quipped, though immediately shut her eyes and sighed. "Sorry, that was rude," She ran a hand through her hair. "What exactly would you help me with, Jasper?" She questioned, turning her blue eyes to him.

Jasper grinned at her joke, then laughed. "That wasn't rude, it was funny." He told her. "You can make comments like that with friends, and ... well, if we ignore the part where you punched me in the face, we could be friends right?" He asked, smiling. He grinned at her when she asked what he could help her with, straightening his shoulders confidently. "I'll help you make more friends." He told her. "I could ... give you advice, and you can practice on me." He said with a shrug. "Lesson one is learning when to accept help." He said, then grinned confidently. "So... you know what to do if you wanna pass lesson one." He singsonged. "Just say yes!"

Rose's brow furrowed. "You... Want to be my friend?" She asked skeptically. She watched him, folding her arms across her chest. "...Fine." She grumbled, looking away sullenly. This would please her sister. If Rose told her. She didn't think she should. The thought reminded her of Lily though and she turned to Jasper. "Oh, you." She poked his chest. "Go... Cuddle my sister or whatever it is you two do. Lars told her they can't be friends anymore and I don't think she took it well. I don't think she means to tell Elliot either. So... Shoo," she shooed him away with both hands. "I'll catch you later." She gave him a hint of a smile before turning and walking away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back