Pressure

Abigail Lurken-Mckay

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Spanish Cedar 14" Core of Werewolf fur and Phoenix feather.
Abbey walked around the corridors sleepily when she remembered it was a little after dinner, Abbey hadn't wanted to go to the great hall to eat with her peers in case she said somethings she knew she would regret, because it could lead to violence, something she was not ready for, which she knew people would be surprised with, well at least the HS transfers would, she wasn't exactly the nicest student or person in the world, but she felt vulnerable and scared, she was...

When she reached the ground floor she looked about her, her purple eyes slightly hazed over from pain, she knew the great hall was on this floor, but where, it was a long hallway, she didn't want to walk much, perhaps if she just stood here, someone would come distract her from her hunger, or something, she really did not want to put pressure on her sore feet.

Alex was hungry and he noticed the time quickly running towards the great hall. He slid down the bannisters smiling before jumping onto the ground floor. He started walking when he saw Abbey. 'Hey Abbey, how are you?'he asked noticing she was just standing there.

Abbey looked up to see Alex, she opened her arms for a weak hug as she hugged him softly she said, "Hi Alex.. I'm alright.. bruise paste is finally setting in, you know how it is." Abbey gave Alex a weak smile as she let him go from her hug, she knew that Alex would understand, she felt like she could relate to him, despite the age difference and all. She felt like they had similar pasts but she wouldn't know, she thought it would be rude to. She knew that if anyone did that to her last year she would probably give them a nice kick to the chest.

Alex hugged her in a comforting way since she seemed sad. What is with everyboday and hugs? Alex thought coldly, not really understanding it much. He certaintly didn't go round feeling the need for hugs when he was sad. 'Bruise paste? What you needing it for like?'Alex asked, in a tone which meant she could shrug it off if she wanted to or not.

"My bruises," Abbey said simply, she had a feeling that Alex would understand that she wasn't really up to talking about it, perhaps later. "Hey.. do you know what happened to Ash after Christmas, she uhmm... well I don't know where she is," Abbey frowned slightly then she blinked her eyes to hide the fear in them.

Alex nodded, smiling. 'Ash? Nope, but if it's anything like the Ash I know, she'll be fine. Toodling off somewhere. She's probably got wild sadistic plan to take over the world in 2070'Alex joked at the end trying to cheer Abbey up a bit.

Abbey giggled into her hand at Alex's joke, and said, "I think you got the Lurken sisters wrong, I apparently am the bad one." Abbey shrugged her little shoulders still giggling at the idea of Asher taking over the world or even trying, it wasn't something she could ever picture her doing.

Alex smiled, glad he had acheive what he wanted. 'You? Bad? Never'Alex joked back, smiling. 'Anyway, who's to say. Maybe she had a secret identity.'Alex added playfully before getting serious. 'She'll be fine, Abs, she's not stupid enough to get herself in shi.. I mean trouble'Alex said, looking round holding back the laughter.

"Possibly, I did last month, what do you think.. Francine Woodley?" Abbey asked being semi serious. Abbey nodded her head once and said, "I know, she's just the only one I have in the family..." Abbey sighed gently and she teased, "You know swearing is bad mister," Abbey poked Alex's chest gently as she said mister, emphasizing the last syllable.

Alex knew exactly how she felt. Haden is,was the only one that was in his family and now he didn't have him because he didn't care enough. 'I know that, but can I also tell you missy, I never actually swore'Alex joked back, smiling before sticking his tongue out at her.

Abbey giggled lightly then she said, "Oh but you were going to say sh*t, very bad..." Abbey stuck her tongue back at Alex then she asked in a friendly tone, "You never told me, why did you transfer?" Abbey was a bit relieved when Alex didn't ask her about the name she had been using over the summer and September.

Alex rolled his yes. 'No, I wasn't actaully, I was gonna say something else but u seemed to get the idea roughly. Like I said before, my family gave me a reputation and i'm not prepared to live up to it. Call me a coward for running away but there ain't no way i'm gonna go back there'Alex said serious at the end.

"So.. uhm where are you living now?" Abbey asked with worry in her voice for him, though she was living on the streets, it was a bit silly to have her worrying about someone 3 years older then she was wasn't it?

Alex laughed, knowing what she meant entirely but decidingt o twist the question. 'What do you mean where do i live now? In the dorms obviously'Alex answered cheerfully.

Abbey frowned and asked in a gentle voice, knowing that Alex was trying to twist it, "You're in the streets to huh?" Abbey sighed, she liked that she had Hogwarts to go to, it was now her home, well it had been last year as well, but it was different, now she didn't actually have a bed to sleep on, before she had the orphanage.

Alex shrugged, ashamed of his status. 'Not really, I'm home. just like I have been for the past 8 years. You're new to there aren't you?'Alex asked, worried for her now.

Abbey raised her eye brow when Alex said he was home, she wasn't understanding what he meant. "I.. I don't understand," Abbey mumbled wondering what he was trying to say, she didn't answer his question because she didn't understand it either, new to where? New to the streets? If so yes.

'Think about it Abbey. The streets obviously. Where else would my home be? A kid alone without money isn't exactly going to live in a building, are they?'Alex said, his temper rising. ALex shut his eyes and clenched his fists turning away from Abbey, calming down. The tension was obvious in Alex.

Abbey took Alex's clenched fists gently with her small hand, shaking with fear from his anger as she said, "I'm on the streets as well, I understand Alex, please don't get mad with me." Abbey was still quivering with fear, she didn't like how anger scared her but it did. "You'll be fine," Abbey said in a gentle voice, as she took a step so she was now facing Alex, her violet eyes showing worry and fear, but mostly fear.

Alex felt her hand take his fist and he opened his eyes, now having to control his anger even more. He felt himself grow calmer though staring at the wall. He got it know, she thoguht he was annoyed because he was scared of being on the streets. He smiled crookedly before looking at her. 'Asher, I'm fine with being on the streets. It's been my home for 8 odd years. No problem there.'Alex said much calmer still smiling crookedly. 'You're not fine though'Alex added noticing she was shaking. 'You ok?'Alex said suddenly concerned by this.

Abbey frowned and mumbled, "I'm not Asher." Abbey sighed and she began taking deep breaths to calm herself down, but it wasn't working so she resumed breathing normally and she said, "Anger scares me now." Abbey looked down at herself and she said as if she was asking him to calm down and to not ask about her fright, "I don't want you to worry about me."

Alex bit his lip as she told him what was wrong. Dammit it, why'd you have to be angry all the time, Cullen. You big idiot. 'Abbey, I'm not exactly going to get it out my mind that you're on the steets.Freinds are freinds. You're new to it. I'll let you know what I got taught. First rule-look after the young ones.Second rule-show the new ones who's who.'Alex told her smiling.

Abbey smiled at Alex and she said, "Same rules as the orphanage, I just need to find a way to get a muggle job over the summer, so I can eat.. I swear this past summer and September, hardest three months of my life." Abbey rolled her eyes at herself. "I'm a bad thief," Abbey mumbled under her breath as she remembered trying to steal food, the owner spotted her and chased her. Abbey shook her head to come back to the present moment and said, "I wasn't kidding about the name though.. you'll have to call me something other then my name."

'You're now talking to the expert at surviving on the streets. I'll watch and help you if you want but that's if, you give me half of the money you earn each day to me,'Alex offered. he smiled, the deal was reasonable. More than reasnable. He was going to be the one losing out but he didn't care. He wasn't doing it for profit. 'What's wrong with the name anyhows?'Alex asked confused.

Abbey nodded and smiled at Alex and said, "Sounds more then reasonable Alex." Abbey looked down as Alex asked her about the name thing. "Well.. the person at the orphanage is looking for me, it's terrifying, he uhm...hit me," Abbey shuddered at the memory of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back