Practising spell work

Arianna Tipley

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Arianna walked own the third floor corridor, and poked her head into a classroom. To her delight, it was empty.
This is perfect! she thought. All week she had been trying to find out what the name of the spell her mother always used to make the tip of her wand light up. Today she had finally found out, and was determined to master it.

She walked to the middle of the room, and put her bag down on a desk, and rummaged through it, coming out with her wand. She was still for a moment, just admiring her wand. She had been really proud when this wand had selected her in Ollivanders, because it had the same core as her mothers: Unicorn hair. The wand was 14 and a quarter inches long, and made from Ash.

She held her wand in front of her, waved it and said "Lumos!"
Nothing happened. She was determined not to give up, and tried several more times without success.

After trying for a ten more minutes, without anything happening, she collpsed into a chair, disgruntled.
"Maybe I'm waving my wand the wrong way" she muttered to herself, and stood up to try again.

Ambling in slowly, Anouk almost stumbled over the girl before she noticed her. Snapped from her daydream she shook her head and quickly remembered her manners. "Oh I'm sorry" she said hurriedly, her accent seeping out of her and morphing the words into one long almost unintelligable tangle.

Reaching to her robes, she pulled out her wand, and the already comforting warmth spread down her arm. She really did love this wand. Raising the tip infront of her she mumbled "Lumos" and the wand flared into life.

In the newly light hallway as her eyes adjusted she saw the girl still had her wand perched up, as if she were focusing intently on something.

"Did I interupt?" Anouk said appologetically, lowering her wand to keep teh glare from their eyes.

Arianna stared at the light coming out of the end of the girls wand. After realising that her mouth was open, she snapped it shut, smiled and held out her hand. "Hi, I'm Arianna, or Ari. How on earth did you do that?!" she said, gesturing to the girls ignited wand.

"I'm Anouk" She replied smiling "And most people call me... Anouk" as her eyes twinkled a little with the joke.

Stopping to look at the Ari, Anouk tilted her head as she took in how she was holding her wand. Ohh i see... She thought, reaching out unconsciously and tilting the girls hand to mimic her own.

Once her hand was right Anouk said slowly, trying to disguise her accent and said "Luu-moss" Accentuating the sounds of the word.

As her hand dropped from Ari's she waitied to see if her own advice would help.

"Hi Anouk!" she said, grinning at Anouk's little joke. "Thanks, I'm going to need all the help I can get." she said. Holding her wand very still in the positon Anouk had put her hand in, she said very clearly and deliberatly "Lumos"
She gasped as the end of her wand flared into a bright sudden light. Impulsivly she hugged Anouk, and started jumping aroung, reveling in the warmth flowing down her arm. "Thank you, thank you, thak you! That's the first magic I've done!" she cried excitedly.

Arisa thought she heard Ariannas voice in a class room and walked in to see her new friend and another girl doing magic. "Hi" Arisa said she was excited to start using her wand. "What spell are you guys doing?" Just then Arisa saw the glowing lights comeing from the tips of there wands. "Oh lumos" She rememberd her mom tucking her into bed at night and using her wand as a night light.

Chuckling Anouk smiled at Ari and replied "Anytime". Feeling more cheerful then usuall she sighed happy to have been some help.

"So your from Hufflepuff are you?" she said, motioning towards her unifrom. Ari was actaully teh first hufflepuff she'd met, and she began to wonder if they all were so bubbly and bright like Ari. Personally she hoped so. So far most of the people she had met apart from Scorpius had been slytherin and she had begun to think this year was going to be more difficult planned.

Turning as she heard teh new peson enter, Anouk looked at the girl curiosly. Another hufflepuff... she thought to herself. Raising her hand she greeted the girl and lowered her hand, the tip of her wand going out as she did.

"Hi Arisa! Yup, Anouk here just taught me how to do it, it's the first magic I've done!" she said proudly, glancing at Anouk. Arianna was glad to see her friend, and also glad that she still seemed to have her vision.

"Nice to be aquainted" Anouk said grandly, sweeping her body down in an overly extravegant bow. As she whisked herslef up she laughed merrily looking to the two girls as they stood together.

"So you two are friends?" She questioned curiously, already on her slow cruisade to try and peice people and groups together

"Hi Anouk" Arisa pulled out her wand she had just bought she loved it most witchs in her family had that wand because it was said to be good for healing. Arisa was a bit nervous about trying magic for the first time her mother made it look so easy. Arisa watched then cast the spell a few times before trying it her self. "Lumos" She said waving her wand just like the other girls. Her wand tip lite up surprised Arisa droped her wand. Blushing she bent down to pick it up.

"Don't worry, I was really surprised when I first cast the spell too!" she said to Arisa.

Turning to Anouk she said "Yup, we'r in the same dormitory, and met just today."

WAtching teh wand as it tumbled to the floor, Anouk qustioned "Wern't realy expacting it to work were you?"

Moving her wrist as she had practiced many times over the last few days, Anouk mumbled "lumous" Again, and crouched down as her wand flared into life. Useing the light to guide Arisa to her wand she looed over the diferent shape of ehr wand.

"Nice wand, what kind is it?" Anouk said, before suddenly stopping What if its rude to ask about peoples wands she worried inwardly. Still rather new to the whole ettiquite thing she smiled sheepishly hoping this would ease the tension if she had caused any.[/i]

"Oh kool" She replied to Ari as she told her about them being dormates. She had barely met any of her dormates yet, but she hoped she could get along as effortlessly as she seemed to be with these two.

"No i wasnt thanks for the help." Arisa looked down fondly at her wand " Its a Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn, whats yours?" Arisa asked curiously.

"Oh nice!" she said, taking ion teh different wood and center.

"Mines an Oak 14 34/ inch with the essence of raven feather" she replied beaming, her pride in her wand shining from her voice.

[hey guys i gtg soz, u can carry on without me if you like, im off for a couple of days >.<]

"Nice wand, so your in Ravenclaw?" Arisa said. Her whole fathers side had been in Ravenclaw he was a little disapointed to find out she was in Hufflepuff but he said he was happy as long as she was happy.

Arisa giggled as she realised this too. "Im glad i met you guys im having a great time!"

Ray was just skating along the third floor corridor when she heard some people talking in a room.. Being the nosy little girl she can often be she decided to check it out..

She walked in and saw a group of people who she didnt recognise along with one girl she remembered being called Arianna.. knowing shhe couldnt exactly turn around and walk out without being noticed she casually cleared her throat before saying "Hey everyone.. Im Ray.. Kinda new around here.. what are you all doing in this umm.. err.. kinda dark room?"

Arisa giggled again as she thought what the girl must be thinking. "Hi im Arisa and dont worry were just practising Lumos."

"Hi Arisa... as you can tell im a first year.. so this Lumos spell doesnt seem to be too difficult.."

Ray pulls out her wand and tries.. her wand sputters and a few sparks came out before dying out..

"Hmm maybe its not so easy" said Ray with a sheepish grin on her face

"Good try" Arisa said smiling at the girl. "lumos" Arisa's wand lit up once again. This time she kept her wand firmly in her hand.

Ray held her wand and said in a stronger voice "Lumos" and then her wand suddenly errupted with light.. "wow this awesome" said Ray staring at the light before slowly dimming the lighting down..

"Good job my mom says you never forget the first time you cast a spell." Arisa smiled thinking of her mom Arisa had never really been homesick before and she didnt plan to start now.

"Hi Ray! Don't worry, none of us could do it, you should have seen me, I was hopeless, I didn't even get sparks until Anouk came and helped me!" she giggled
"Well, your reaction was definetly better than mine and Arisa's when we first di the spell" Arianna said turning to Arisa and giggling again. "I jumped around and hugged poor Anouk, and Arisa dropped her wand."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back