Practising Class Spells

Hollie Ridley

Wand
'Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather'
Hollie left her DADA class that morning in high spirits, happy with what had happened so far in the day. She ate her lunch at high speed and then decided that, since she had free time ahead of her, she would go and make good use of time in the dueling chamber, where she could get in some good hard practise. After all, at the end of her last lesson Prof. King had hinted that he would be pleased if they did so.

After returning her bag to her dormitory, and reading a chapter of her book in the common room, Hollie made her way to the dungeons.

When she arrived she found an empty room, with a dummy at the far corner of it. Smiling, she reached into her pocket where she had stashed her DADA notes.
Hmm... which one should I start with? she wondered, scanning her notes. Eventually she decided on 'stupefy'.

She turned to the dummy with her wand held high. Then, taking a deep breath and thinking, well, this shouldn't be too hard, she raised her wand and flicked it, yelling,

"STUPEFY!"

there was a flash of light and the dummy was stunned, flying across the room and collapsing in a heap.

Hollie grinned. She made her way over to the 'unconcious' dummy and murmered, "Finite". The dummy immediately got back into it's original position. Hollie beamed. She had never used the spell before, and she had done it first time! She walked back to the far side of the room and faced her 'opponent' again, as if really dueling.

"Stupefy!" she yelled again, and the same thing happened; the dummy ended up the other side of the room. Hollie felt elated. She sprinted over and reversed the spell again.

Hollie was pleased with her current progress, so she decided to leave that spell.
Hmm, what shall i do next? she pondered, consulting her notes for the second time.

It took a while to decide, but eventually Hollie decided on 'expelliarmus'. She raised her wand and pointed it at the dummy.

"EXPELLIARMUS!" she cried, and the dummy's fake wand flew out of it's hand, and with the skill of a sports player Hollie caught it. Her smile went from ear to ear, she was so pleased!

Again and again Hollie practised until she had accomplished the disarming charm ten times!

Ok, what to do now?

She then remembered 'protego'. How on earth was she supposed to do this without an active partner? She put the fake wand back in the dummy's hand and pointed her own at it.

"Protego!" she said, and a shield erupted from the tip of her wand. Hollie smiled. It would obviously be alot harder when against a real person, but at least she had the idea of it sussed.

Then, she had a brainwave. It was only then that Hollie realised the room was lit up by only one light, and that light was being reflected by mirrors, therefore the room was lighter than one may think.
Yes! Hollie thought, walking over to one of the many longer mirrors. She stood gazing at it for a second. I wonder if it will reflect the spell at me?

Her doubt held her back for a few minutes, before she decided upon it.
"Stupefy!" she said, loudly, pointing her wand at the mirror. Nothing happened. Hollie groaned. She had really thought this would work! Perhaps she wasn't conjuring up enough energy. Oh well, Hollie thought, I tried. And it's not as if can't do it, I proved myself a few minutes ago.

So she practised the 'stupefy' and 'expelliarmus' again, until she was an 'expert'. After the last stunning spell Hollie raised her wand at the dummy and commanded,
"Finite!" She spell was reversed. She grinned, and tried it again and again.
Well, I've got that sorted!

Smiling, Hollie stuffed her notes back in her pocket, and after checking that everything was back in it's original place, she left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back