Practise

Riley Mauven

OOC First Name
Britt
Wand
Hornbeam, 12 ¼", Puffskein Fur.
Riley swooped over the field, her hands tightly grasping her broomstick. She ducked and dodged and flew in and out of the goal posts. As Riley slowly dove to the ground, her hands left the broom and her feet landed daintily on the grass. She smiled to herself, it had been a good practise. She reached into her duffel bag and rescued a bottle of water from within it. Taking a long gulp of water, Riley placed her broomstick on the ground and took a seat in the stands. As she was about to sit, another figure caught her eye. The girl was sitting a few stands over, so Riley navigated through the seats and sat down next to her. "Hey, I'm Riley" she said smiling, holding out her hand to shake the other girls. "And you are?" she asked.

Libby was sat out on the stands, just getting over the fact Darren wasn't coming back for what felt like the hundreth time in just three years. She knew she shouldn't be so bothered, besides she had other interests now. She looked up when someone called out, and began to approached her. Putting a small smile on her face she stood up, and looked at the girl. "Hey" she said, shaking the girl's hand. "I'm Libby." she added. She never referred to herself as Liberty anymore, it just didn't sound right. This girl looked around her own age and was wearing the Hufflepuff colours. "Are you new?" she asked. Libby herself was also a Hufflepuff, and in her opinion the 'puff's were getting lower and lower in number. They just..dissapeared. She caught sight of the broom. "You like flying?" a genunine excitment spreading through her. "Sorry, had you been out there?" she asked, pointing to the pitch. She'd been away with the fairies.

"Hi Libby" Riley said smiling back at the girl. "I am new, I just transferred from Beauxbatons" she continued, taking a seat in the stands next to the girl. Libby seemed interested in Quidditch, which made Riley feel a little more secure in talking to her, she hadn't made many friends at Hogwarts yet, but she hoped she would. "I love flying, how about you?" she said happily in reply to Libby's question. "I was out there" she continued, a smile still across her face. She placed her bag down in the stands and waited for Libby's reply, Riley thought they could become friends, they seemed to be getting on alright so far.

Libby nodded, retaking her seat beside Riley. "Yes. I love flying too. My mum taught me when i was little, and for years now ive been trying out for the hufflepuff team" she smiled. "Well, i'm an alternative now. Violet, she's the captain is the keeper, the position i wold go for anyway, but i don't mind." she explained. "There's no house games this year though" she added dissapointedly. She would have try out for the team next year. Libby was already finding it easy to talk to Riley, and it seemed they also had common interests. "Do you have a favourite lesson? Mine's Astronomy. I'd love to be a professor of it here if i could, if the positions open of course" she grinned.

Riley listened to Libby explain the goings on relating to Quidditch in Hogwarts, Riley was very interested to hear about what was happening and who was captain etc. She was upset to hear there wouldn't be games this year though. Riey was finding it so easy to talk to Libby, she knew they would end up friends. She smiled up at her "You won't believe it, but one of my favourite classes is Astronomy! That and Muggle studies" she said beaming. The two girls had so much in common, Riley smiled, knowing she would no longer be friendless at Hogwarts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back