Practicing.....

Hilary Grace

OOC First Name
debscute
Wand
debscute
Hilary walked out onto the pitch. She wasn't sure if she would be playing their next game but knew that if she was she would have to be on top form. She took out her broom from her backpack but left her other supplies in her bag on the bleachers. "Just a bit of a warmup to start" she said out loud but too herself. She jumped onto her broom and started flying laps and loops around the pitch.

Mark thought of practising a bit for the next quidditch game as he was not able to score a point in hte previous game. Mark walked into the quidditch pitch and was surprised to see Hilary already there. ' Hi Hilary, are you practicing for the game too? he asked.

Hilary smiled "Yep Mark, that's what I'm up too. WOuld you like to join me?"

Bruin had one more formal practice set for later in the week, but figured he'd head down to the pitch for a little simple flying to clear his head. He was pleasantly surprised to see two of his team members already buzzing around the pitch. He mounted his broom and flew up to join them. "Sorry to interrupt, but I thought I'd just like to come out for a little air time. How's everyone today?'

"Doing pretty good Bruin....and I'm glad you showed up. I am not too good at planning my own practices. :p" Hilary was glad to see her captain there, who better to help her practice for the game.

"Yeah, me neither apparently...." Bruin replied, noting that his last practice had ended up in a trip to the hospital wing for one of his players. "I was actually just out for a little flying, but I suppose while I'm here we could chat about team strategy. Anything that the Beaters could be doing to make your life easier? Last game was a bit of a wash, but I was planning on focusing most of my attention on keeping you on your broom and trying to knock the other team's seeker off their's at our next game." Bruin replied with a smile.

Hilary smiled "Yeah, you did a pretty good job of that much. It's just a hard game to play with only three people. So how is our line up comming for the next game? Have you heard from everyone?"

"I'm cautiously optimistic." Bruin replied. "Which means no, but I'm working on it..."

Hilary smiled and flew a circle around Bruin, "Have you noticed the house points lately? Ravenclaw now has over 1000 points more than us :D, and we seem to be losing members by the week." Hilary knew it was kind of brutal to say but she found it interesting.

"Don't even start about that...it's too depressing." Bruin replied. He was well aware of Gryffindor's struggles and knew that they would be in much better shape if a few of the first years would simply show up in their classes once and awhile. "I hope the sorting hat sends a few reliable students next year, that's all I can say."

"Me too, okay let's fly.....you know work off our troubles?? Any ideas?" Hilary smiled

Mark mounted his broom and took off he was trying to get away from the depressing conversation about house points. ' Hey what are we going to practice today? I thought of practising some spins and turns.' Mark asked the two.

Hilary smiled mischievously. "Okay, you asked for it" she called out as she flew right at Mark standing quickly onto her broom doing a barrel roll and then landing on her broom on the other side of him.

Bruin simply smiled at Hilary and Mark. "You two can feel free to do tricks. I feel the need for speed at the moment." Bruin leaned forward and felt his Scarlet Streak accelerate smoothly below him. As he gathered speed, Bruin decided that he take a long loop out over the lake before returning to the pitch and pressed himself low over his broom handle, feeling the wind tearing at his robes.

Speed is good Hilary thought as she smoothly landed and then leaned forward on her Scarlet Streak, trying to catch up to Bruin. She called out, "Yo, Bru....wait up a little" as she shot forwards.

Bruin had no intention of slowing down, he had never really pushed the limits of his broom yet and decided that it was time to do so. As he flew out over the lake, he looked down at the cold lake below and decided that falling off would not be advisable at this point of the year, although he might try a return trip in the summer.

Bruin banked right following the shore line and the start of the cliffs that surrounded the majority of the grounds, the Great Lawn disappearing from view off to his right, the open water to his left and the castle looming in the distance ahead. Bruin decided that he wanted to continue on along the shore and loop around the castle before returning to the Quidditch Pitch.

Unsure whether of not Hilary was still following or not, Bruin slowed a little so that he could better appreciate the impressive scenery below. He couldn't believe that he had never done this before, but was glad that he had done so on this autumn afternoon.

'All right this is the thing I want,' Mark thought as Hillary speed towards him. Mark did not move at first and then with a quick reflex he turned his broom and rotated 360 degrees and let Hillary pass. Finally he saw Hillary landing safely and turned to Bruin to hear him say certain words.

Mark knew that he was not swift enough to catch the two speed devils on his firebolt and so he decided to be on their trail until he could take sharp turns and go ahead. Mark flew with such speed as he had never done before. The air seemed to be passing as pointed blades but the sensation was soothing as Mark felt. The immense grounds and lawns disappearing from view in mere seconds felt like Mark was travelling for an eternity but it was just fractions of little minutes.

Hilary continued to shoot forward, noticing that the gap between her and Bruin was getting smaller because Hilary wasn't turning as much. She looked down at the scenery and then quickly up, realizing that Bruin was slowing down. "AHH!" she cried as she tried to slow down as fast ((or slow I guess :p)) as she could. She slid in just beside Bruin and kept flying. Looking down she saw the beautiful scenery, it was splendid. "Wow Bruin, it's beautiful!"

Hilary smiled totally oblivious to Mark behind them, because for the moment it didn't matter.

"It is pretty impressive...." Bruin yelled back. "I can't believe I haven't done this before now." Bruin started to bank to his right, wrapping around the far side of the castle in a slow arc. "Care to buzz over the Forbidden Forest on our way back to the pitch?"

Hilary smiled following Bruin's bank right "Yeah, me neither this is great" The she heard his question "Yeah a flight over the forbidden forest sounds like great fun! I'm in!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back