Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Mahogany, 14 1/2", Essence of Demiguise hair, Bendy
Lily held her Scarlet Streak in her hand and her quaffle in the other as she headed down to the pitch. It was mid afternoon and she was meeting up with Blake to practice for the team tryouts tomorrow. She had little doubt that she would make the team again, she was a chaser for the Assault last year, but she could always be bumped by someone better and she did not want to take that chance. She got to the pitch before Blake and waited, tossing the quaffle up and catching it while she waited for him to arrive.

Blake walked onto the pitch, clutching his Emerald Streak in one hand. He was a little nervous about meeting Lily, but sucked it up all the same. As he strolled over, he saw her standing there, tosing her quaffle in the air. He took a deep breath and made his way over. "Hey!"

Lily's heart did a little skip when she saw Blake coming with his broom onto the pitch. This is silly. You are just friends. What would a Slytherin boy want with a Ravenclaw girl anyhow? she thought. She almost missed the quaffle coming down when he came up and greeted her.

"Hey yourself!" she replied. "So, have you figured out what you are going to try out for?" She held the quaffle on her hip, her head cocked to the right.

Blake sighed a little to himself. "Actually, I think that's what I'm having trouble with. I can't figure out a position I'd rather play, I was thinking beater, or keeper, but then seeker sounded good too... I dunno," he said looking down, puzzled. "Well maybe I can just practice Keeping while you practice for Chaser."

Lily smiled at the idea of Blake practicing keeper. "That sounds good to me. I can go look and see if the bucket of golfballs that we used last season for seeker practice is still by the broomshed and help you practice seeker after too. Only thing I really can't help with is beater since we don't have a key to the shed and the practice bludgers are in there."

Lily hopped on her broom, quaffle laying on the ground, and kicked off. Before she got too high off the ground, she reached out and smacked Blake on the arm.

"TAG! You're IT!" she yelled with a giggle and a devilish grin on her face. Lily pushed her broom up higher, looking back to see what Blake would do.

Blake was caught off gaurd by Lily's quick escape. He quickly mounted his broom and kicked off after her, laughing to himself. "Oh I'll catch you!" he yelled after her. He leaned forward on his broom, and came up behind her undetected, or so he hoped. He reached forward to tag her, but she was too fast. So he made a dramatic left turn and flew around one the house grand stands, gearing up full speed to overtake her stealthily. As he rounded the grand stand, he zoomed forward, this time face-to-face with Lily, heading straight for her. At the last second, he moved over about an inch, just missing her as he flew past, but making sure to tag her. "GOTCHA!" he yelled, looking over his shoulder to catch her reaction, before he sped back down the pitch.

Lily had been watching Blake over her shoulder and noticed that he was almost caught up to her. She kicked her broom faster and escaped him. She looked back and noticed as they passed the grandstand, he dissapeared. What the!??! she thought, keeping her eyes peeled for his reappearance. She finally saw him just as he was coming right for her. He tagged her and took off.

"You are SO gonna get it!" she yelled after him, turning the broom and speeding after him. She was a very agile flyer and caught up to him easily. She decided to play a little bit with her prey, so she stayed right behind Blake, mimicing his every move. Up. Down. Left. Right. She was ready for the kill so she dropped below him quickly and then went for the loop. She brought herself directly below him and then made a quick loop over his head, tapping him on the top as she went past.

"HA! GOTCHA!" she yelled as she took off twords the other end of the pitch, waiting to see what happened next.

Blake felt her tap his head, and he quickly swirled and stopped mid-air, turning just in time to catch her fly past. He smirked to himself and dove off after her, laughing casually. He sped off to catch up to her, this time determined not to take it easy on her because she was a girl. He thought he'd do double take and copy her every move, but then thought better of it. He keept speeding towards her, then dived below and swerved a U-turn and tapped her foot, now heading in the opposite direction. "YOU'RE IT!" he called over his shoulder.

Lily felt him tap her foot and spun her broom after him. She practically was lying on the stick, she was so close to it. She was going to get him at least one more time before she decided to toss the quaffle around a little bit. She flew in Blake's shadow, gaining speed quickly. Soon she was right on his tail and she reached out and slapped him on the back.

"You're it!" she yelled as she lost balance and went tumbling to the ground two feet below.

"OUCH!" she yelled as she hit the ground on her back, laughing at her own lack of balance.

"ACH! I am such a KLUTZ!" she said in her laughter.

Blake felt her tap his back and swerved to try and catch her before she sped off, but instead saw her fall flat on her back. He flew to the ground after her and jumped off his broom before he even reached the ground. "You alright!?" he asked worried, but relaxed a bit when he saw her laugh. He walked over to her side and kneeled down. "Are you okay? Do you want to go to the hospital wing?"

Lily was embarrased that she had actually fallen from her broom. Her face turned red and she wanted to crawl into the ground, but then she saw the concern on Blake's face and it didn't matter. Maybe he likes me as more than a flying buddy she thought. Probably not though, he just doesn't want to haul my butt up to the hospital.

"No, I should be fine I think. I can't believe I did that." Lily replied to Blake's question. "Can you help me up?" She extended her hands to him to grab.

Blake, without hesitation, reached down and grabbed Lily's hands, helping her onto her feet. "You sure you don't want to go to the Hospital Wing?" he asked, still eyeing her for any signs of injury.

"No Blake, I should be fine. It really wasn't that far of a fall. I have fallen farther before." Lily replied with a giggle. "But I know I will be sore in the morning!"

Lily realized she was standing and still holding Blake's hands. She blushed and let go quickly.

"So, wanna practice at keeper or just get up on the brooms and pass the quaffle around a bit?" she asked, hoping he did not realize how he was beginning to affect her.

Blake blushed with Lily, and stepped back, not knowing what else to do. "Alrighty, we can just pass the quaffle around, and then I'll let you shoot."

"Okay." Lily replied, going to grab her quaffle from the ground, and started to get back on her broom. She picked it up and groaned a tiny bit, hoping that Blake would not hear that.

"Alright, lets get up and toss this around" she said, bending back and forth, stretching out her back and neck. She mounted her broom and kicked off from the ground.

Blake heard Lily grunt a little in pain, so made to walk up to her, but she had already kicked off on her broom. "OI!" he called after her. "COME BACK, I'M TAKING YOU TO THE HOSPITAL WING!!" he shouted, hoping that he heard her. He stood there for a moment looking up at her, waiting for her to turn around.

Lily heard Blake yelling at her. She spun the broom around and headed back to where he was and landed.

"I really am fine. I don't need to go to the hospital wing." she said as she dropped the quaffle on the ground. She bent over to pick it up and her shirt slipped up a bit in the back, revealing that her back was bruising.

Blake caught a glimpse of the bruise which was forming on Lily's lower back. e walked over and picked up the quaffle, and reaching for her hand in the process. "Come on, we'll just get rid of that bruise and then maybe come back for some more 'quidditch practice'," he said smiling at Lily, concern still etched in his expression. Still holding her hand and quaffle, he led her off the pitch.

Lily finally agreed and let herself be lead from the pitch. She blushed as she realized that Blake was walking, holding her hand. She really liked it, and realized that she was willing to admit that she liked him too. Just not out loud, not yet.

Blake looked down at Lily, he was glad to be taller than her, realising he was still holding her hand, he began blushing but looked away as he noticed she was too. He smiled a little to himself as he walked beside her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back