Pour le Merite

Alexandra Hohenstein

OOC First Name
Mina
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Alexandra wasn't too sure on where she even were right now. Third floor? She was supposed to be on the fourth floor and the Library....
Sighing exasperately, she guessed that these sorts of incidents would happen many, many, many times more and trotted slowly into the next room in sight, and was literally overwhelmed with trophies: House cups, quidditch cups: awards; prefect lists, even awards for best Halloween outfits... 'Oh my goodness,' came into her mind first, 'of all good places to get lost to, the trophy room... I could stay here and wander for ever.' Gawking slightly, she would soon enough forget about the outside world, slowly wandering next to all the glitter and looking at all the cups and trophies.

Nadia was walking around the third floor corridor. She wasn't usually into exploring, but ever since the little incident with Tamalia in the Forbidden Forest she had sort of had the urge to look around the castle alittle more. She walked down the corridor and nealry crashed into a door as she looked up. She pushed on it and was amazed by what she could see. It was a trophy room. She had heard about this room from other students, whom had been given detentions here and had too clean the room. She suddenly felt soory for them. The room was huge.

She walked around looking at all the trophies, for Quidditch, prefects, even dancing trophies were in here. She smiled as she looked around. Maybe today wasn't going to be so uneventful. She smiled and looked up. Then she almost swore when she bumped into some-one. She looked back down to eye level, and smiled at her newfound companion.

"Alix, hey how are you, I've missed you alot, I haven't seen you since that time when we weren't sorted yet, and then again on the train" She said smiling brightly. "And were in the same house, we must be invisable to not see each other, I mean really its ridiculous." She laughed as she hugged her.

Alix was wandering very slowly, deep in thought and admiring the rows and rows of trophies. She didn't notice when the door was opened, nor could the approaching footsteps wake her up. That is until those footsteps crashed into her and she yelped out, loud. Turning around in half-dread and half-curiosity, she found none other than Nadia McKay. Promptly, she gave her friend the tightest hug she could muster and replied: "Yes, I've missed you a lot too." She then said, giving a half-hearted chuckle: "It's so not funny when we're in the same house even." Pausing, she then said: "Soo, what are you doing up here, Nadia? As for me, I would be in the library if I hadn't got lost."

Nadia sighed when she was asked why she was here. It really wasn't all that fascinating, but she figured she may as well tell her firend her story. She looked up and smiled. "Well, you see, I was never a very curious person by nature. I didn't wander around and look for secrets the school would hold. But recently I have had an........experience i guess you could say, with the Forbidden Forest which made me discover my more curious side." SHe said laughing slightly. She hadn't meant to go, but Tamalia had tricked her into going and she had no choice but to follow her so called friend. She looked at Alix. "Oh, you got lost, how terrible" She said smiling. "Atleast you didn't end up some-where bad or horrid" She said patting her fellow Ravenclaw on the back.

Alix sighed, exasperately. "Well, I guess it'll happen a lot more times in the future." She said, "I already gotten lost twice now including this one." Added dismissively, she shook her head slightly.
"Wait, wait, wait. You were in the Forbidden forest? Wow. Talking about our hidden sides, I think I was quite mean towards a really stuck-up Slytherin in the library the other day. I'd never seen that side before, but if there's one thing I hate in the world, it's stuck-up people walking around like they own the place." Alix ranted out, a bit more agitated this time.
Walking by another set of cups, she suddenly turned her head to look at one of them more closely. Sighing, she looked up again and said: "I feel so small when I look at all these things. But of course, greatness comes with time if you do it right." She sighed again, louder this time.
That's when a bemused thought crossed her mind and looking over to Nadia, she smiled and said: "Well, which classes are you looking forward to? I think I'm just about equally excited about each and everyone of them." She then laughed a little and walked over to the next stand, eying the objects on it carefully.

Nadia nodded and smiled as she listened to her friend speak. "You were rude to a Slytherin?" She asked needing to be sure of what she had said. Alix wasn't really that kind of person. She smiled. So what they said about Hogwarts was true then. People do discover things they never knew about themselves. That was really interesting.
She laughed. "Remember Great things come in small packages" She said as she guestured to herself and Alix. She was sure that they were going to have an amazing year. She decided she might even go for Prefect. She wouldn't mind being Prefect. It would be fun. She looked at Alix. "I think I will enjoy all of them, I can't think of one that I am the most excited about, although I'm sure Charms will be amazing" She said going through spells she had read about in books, and wondered if she would learn any of them.

Smiling back at Nadia's astonishment, Alix said: "Yeppers, I did. It was interesting enough." She then chuckled, thinking about doing it again soon. Walking down another aisle, she reached out for the glass casing and sighed. "Well, you are absolutely right Nadia. But I don't think I want it." Sighing again, she looked up and continued: "I'm sure charms'll be interesting and I can't wait 'til they start." Pausing for a long while, struggling to find something interesting to say, she came up with: "How's stuff at home?"

Nadia was just happy to be with some-one she knew again. Atleast until she brought up home. It wasn't Alix's fault, she didn't know, no-one did, but she just wished that it hadn't been brought up so suddenly. She sighed and turned away fro a minute before turning back. She was going to cry now, but she fought back the tears. "Um.... theres a problem with that" She said wiping her eyes. "My family was killed in an accident Alix, my mum, brother and baby sister, whom I hadn't even met yet. They were driving to the airport, and some-one ran through a red light. They were killed instantly".

She looked away from Alix, she couldn't believe she had just told her. So many things had changed. When the two had just met, her family had been alive and well, but now...... Things were changing rapidly for Nadia, and she didn't know if any of it was going to stop. Or would her life become one big horrible mess?

Alexandra's smile faded in an instant, to be replaced by a stunned and sad look on her face. She struggled hard to compose herself, and laid her hand on her friends shoulder, patting it slowly. She tried to say something but failed, instead she gave Nadia a hug, patting her back all the while. A few minutes later, still maintaining the embrace, Alix finally found some words; with a slight tremor, she said: "That... that's terrible. Oh my god, that's absolutely horribly dreadful. I'm sorry Nadia, for your sake. Don't worry though, I'm always here for you." Curbing her own feelings and questions, she hugged Nadia once more.

Nadia nodded at her friend. "Thanks Alix, you're the first one I've told." She said as she hugged her friend back. "It's still hard to believe you know?" She said as she placed a hand on her neck. "I just can't believe it, I mean I had been talking to them only hours before" She said sighing. The realisation had hit her pretty hard when she had been told. Her dad had almost feinted. It had hit him the hardest. She thought. Her father had been through so much when he married her mother. Only to have this happen. Just goes to show how fair the world is dosen't it?

Alexandra nodded quietly, looking at Nadia as she talked. She looked terrible, least to say, but then no one she knew before had lost most pf their family in on stroke.
She patted her friends back slowly, comforting her. Alexandra then took a gulp and said: "Well, you still got dad at least. I have a friend in England that have neither. Her mom died and she broke apart with her dad." She didn't know why she was telling this stuff to Nadia, but oh well. Hopefully, Hermina wouldn't be too mad.
Alix then looked at Nadia intently, as if trying to judge whether she was handling this or not.

Nadia sighed and nodded. "Yeah i suppose, its just, well, i never met my little sister. She was only a few months old" She said looking down. She really wasn't dealing all that well, but she was going to have to deal, not just for her father, but for herself. He dad had given up so much for them, and now, Its almost like it was all in vain or something. Like it wasn't worth it. She looked at her firend. "Thanks for being so understanding Alix" She said smiling slighty. "Its nice to know I will have someone to lean on"

Alix smiled quite sadly as Nadia talked, it looked terrible enough for her, without losing a few months old sibling as well... "It's ok. I'm happy to be your friend anyway." Smiling back genuinely, she shook her head and said: "It's ok, Nadia. I know you're going to have someone to lean on. And what kind of friend am I if I can't even lend out a shoulder?" She chuckled at herself, then got solemn for a moment as she thought about this suggestion... "I've heard somewhere that you sleep alone, is that true?" Alix asked full with concern, if this rumour was true, then things are very very bad.

Nadia smiled at Alix. She was being so nice. So understanding. Nadia sighed. "Thanks Alix, your so good to me". She tunred her head down for a moment as Alix said something else. Nadia looked up. "Sleep alone? As in my own room, with no room mate?" She asked. "Yeah I don't have a roommate" She added as she looked at Alix. "Why do you ask?" She wondered as she moved slightly further away from Alix. She was, for some reason or another, feeling slightly claustrophobic. Which was weird, because she wasn't claustrophobic.

xxOMG I totally didn't realise. Sorry, was SUPPOSED to be Nadia....Lolxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back