Post-Ball awkwardness

Tyson Huntly

Tyson twisted his hands together as he leant against a tree, waiting for Lisa. He had owled her earlier tht morning, asking to meet here at the cherry tree on the Lawn. Alot had been left unsaid at the Ball, which he wanted to clear up. His biggest worry was that Lisa would just laugh, and blame it on the cupids. The truth was, he really felt something for her, which he now realised had been there sine the day he had met her.

Sighing, he looked up through the branches of the tree, at the blue sky as he waited.
What on earth am I going to say he thought, starting to panic.

Humming happily, Lisa almost skipped to the meeting place that her and Tyson had arranged. She was in a good mood; the Valentine's Ball, well, it had been eventful, to say the least. But in a good way. When Tyson had kissed her - it was bliss, and no doubt it was about this that they were going to discuss.

Smiling as she saw him by the cherry tree, Lisa noticed he looked anxious - what for? She wasn't ashamed; there was no reason to be. Lisa had always felt something for him, and the Valentine's Ball was the push that she (and hopefully both of them) had needed to admit that feeling. Giving Tyson a reassuring smile, Lisa drew near, saying a small "Hey" once she was close enough. "Got your letter," she smiled, holding it up for him to see.

(Sorry I didn't PM it to you, I made it, then staright away had to get off the computer -_- )

Tyson heard a voice, and quickly looked around at Lisa walking towards him
"Hey" he responded, unable to keep the smile off his face
"How have you been?" he askd, even though the Valnetine's day Ball had only been a couple of days ago. After that, he was at a loss of what to say. Should he just be bold, and say 'Look, I really like, do you want to go out?' He didn't like the sound of that. The famaliar saying Actions speak louder than words ran through his mind, and he wondered if he should take her hand, or kiss her again.

Lisa smiled at Tyson's attempt at conversation. "Never been better," she laughed, and it was true; the past few days had been nothing but joyful to her. "What about you?" she asked, sensing an awkward silence coming on now. She looked up at him, her green eyes wide in anticipation of an answer.

"Oh, you know..." he said, reaching to scratch the back of his neck
"Good" he finished casually. Truthfully, he had been on cloud nine for the past few days after the Ball, not being able to think about anything but the girl standing in front him now. He was, once again, at a loss for words. A little silence followed, which he didn't know how to break
"So... I've been thinking..." he said, attempting to bring up dreaded conversation.

Lisa could almost have cut the air. The silences were almost too much for her. But then Tyson started to say something, "I've been thinking," and as per usual, her mind raced ahead. Yes! she almost screamed in her head. But she kept a straight face, and answered as innocently as possible. "Thinking....what?" she asked him, stepping nearer, her green eyes wide and twinkling.

(Arg, sorry about the lateness! :err: )

Tyson opened his mouth, but no words came out as Lisa drew near to him. Everything was pushed from his mind as she looked into his eyes.
"I... err" he managed. Snapping his mouth shut, he continued to look at her
"Well" he said, with a feeble gesture of his hands. He couldn't help it. He leaned forward and kissed, just like he had at the ball. Hopefully he thought That gets the message across.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back