possible broken nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda walked wearily into the hospital wing with Brian.
She walked straight over to one of the stools by the big long table that her uncle measured his potions on. She moved the bloodied ripped shirt sleeve from her face and looked at Brian.
"He won't kill you, you know" she smiled, "he'll probably shake your hand or something."
Andy waited patiently for her uncle to show, she had no intention of becoming hysterical and screaming for him again. A broken nose was after all a minor complaint compared to some.

Patrick walked out of his office onto the hospital ward convinced he had heard someone come in. He saw a young boy and his niece there. Ace had a bloodied hankerchief held up to her face.
'good grief' he muttered under his breath, 'what has she done now?'

He put down the large pile of books he had in his arms and walked over to her shaking his head.
"Ace what happened to you?" he pulled up a stool and sat down infront of her.

This was Andromeda's Uncle, Brian had to admit he did feel intimidated but also felt courage in his presence, it was kinda like seeing his grandfather except alot younger. "It was my fault, I kinda accidently broke her nose" Brian admitted, if he was going to get yelled at he might as well get it over with. "I was messing around with the Wingardium Leviosa charm trying to scare her with a branch, and she accidently ran into it" he explained with guilt in his voice, this was all his fault and he knew it quite well.

"More like I danced into it Brian", Andy sighed, "it's no big deal really".
She moved the cloth from her nose so her uncle could have a look.
"Uncle Patrick this is Brian, one of my best friends. So be nice". she smiled at her uncle.

Patrick took the cloth that Ace was holding and put it in a sterilising tray.
He touched her face gingerly, noticing the bruising that was already starting to show. He winked at Ace smiling.
"So you broke her nose huh?" he said as he turned around to look at the boy, "You did a successful Wingardium Leviosa spell? Where was this?" He addressed his last question to both of them. Patrick had a fair idea that floating branches were not found in a classroom which meant they were using magic on school grounds unsupervised.

Brian didn't want to say anything that might get the both of them in trouble, he was a terrible liar so decided to let Andromeda answer it.

"In the forest", Andromeda muttered wincing as he touched her face and nose. "Uncle P I went there to practise the lumos and nox spells only harmless ones. No-one was going to get hurt, I had been on my own", she turned at looked at Brian sarcastically, "We're always messing around at something, he was just goofing. Oh, you better look at him too I did the worst stupefying spell ever".

"Well it's definitly broken", he said as he stood up and walked to the sink. He washed his hands then dried them before going over to his medicine cabinet. He took out two bottles and poured a quantity from one into vial, the other he kept in its bottle.
He came back over and with his free hand held it out to Brian.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Brian. Next time try knocking her out less noise", he smiled at the boy, "take a seat yourself Brian and I'll be with you in two minutes."
He handed Ace the vial and told her to drink it, from the other bottle he poured an ointment onto her face where the bruising was severe now.
"Stay put I mean it Ace!" he then turned his attention to Brian.

Brian was happy to know she was okay
but....
felt very uncomfortable.
It was like staring at his grandfather after doing something he knew was wrong and having him say 'no problem, we all make mistakes' It was something Brian really hated to hear, even more than being yelled at. He knew deep down that he wasn't supposed to make mistakes, especially incredibly stupid ones that got the people around him hurt.

"I'm not budging am I?" Andy sighed, "And don't encourage him he might actually knock me out next time".
She couldn't help smiling turning to Brian and noticing how very quiet he had become. She didn't want to say anything infront of her uncle like even asking him was he ok, in case he got offended.

Patrick looked at Brian and smiled.
"You don't seem to have any disasterous effects but a healing spell will work out any kinks just to be on the safe side", he looked at Ace.
"Your spell obviously wasn't as successful as his was." he smiled then turning back to Brian said, "Lucky for you."
Patrick lifted up his wand and flourished it before Brian saying the incantation,

"eh-PIS-key".

Brian focused on his words and took note of what he said, He would definately be practicing that spell, He wasn't going to be caught unprepared like this again.

eh-PIS-key, eh-PIS-key, eh-PIS-key He began to think over and over again making sure to devote the spell to memory.

"Feeling any better B?" Andy smiled at him, "Sorry but you did give me a fright."
She grimaced at the pungent odour coming from the paste around her nose and cheeks.
"This stuff so better work, it smells awful".

"hey gave me a good oppurtunaty to try out the 'protego' spell!" Brian said with a smile

Andromeda shook her head at him.
"Your unbelieveable you are" she laughed, "I told you he wouldn't give out to you".
She winked before touching her face and wrinkling her nose a bit.
"How long more Uncle P?"

"Stop touching it Ace! Give it some time ok." Patrick shook his head in mock consternation at her, "So why exactly were you practising spells outside of class and in the forest?"
Patrick looked at them both and frowning said to Brian.
"Your don't talk much do you?"

Brian just stood there with his mouth hung open, he was kinda at a loss for words but also was trying to scream telepathically to Andy not to say a word, this was her fault well not really but it made him feel a little better to think it was. "I... well... she.... spell.." was all he could manage to spit out. he wasn't sure what it was about this man that reminded him of Brian Getathorn XVII, but Brian knew he didn't like it, it was like trying to replace someone he'd lost with an imposter. He knew this man wasn't at fault but Brian still couldn't stop feeling some unknown mixture of dislike and deliverance from him.

((OOC: figured I'd make up for all the small posts XD))

Patrick looked from Brian to Ace.
"Now I know I don't have that effect on boys", he smiled "Ace what have you been up to now?"
He put his wand back into his hospital robes and stood up walking to where Andromeda sat. He checked around the bridge of her nose and smiled.
"Just another few minutes alright".

Andy looked at her uncle and sighed.
"I went over to the forest. There's this really beautiful clearing there it's like Feathers Walk back home, you know where the glade just opens up and all these giant ferns are surrounding it and no-one can see you!" she rambled, "Anyway, I thought I'd go and practise this spell that Brian had talked about the other day. I haven't done them in class yet but they're only the light up and light off spells so they weren't going to hurt anyone."
She smiled as best she could in her 'I-know-I-did-something-wrong-but-you-still-love-me" kind of smile.

"Anyway, Getathorn here followed me and floated a log about which I didn't see because I was...ehm... well I was doing a victory dance for getting the lumos spell right. I walked right into the branch hence my nose." she looked scathingly at Brian " and that's when I panicked not knowing who was there and hit him with my feeble attempt at Stufefy". She shrugged her shoulders then gingerly wrinkled her nose again.
"Can I use your bathroom?" she smiled.

Patrick checked his timepiece and nodded his head.
"You may it's through the other door beside the office. You can wash it off now but do it carefully and gently" he warned her.
"So..."

Andromeda shot up off her stool and ran to the bathroom. She couldnt' wait to get this gunk off her face.
"Thanks", she called back before going in and locking the door behind her.
She turned on the water taps and soaked a cloth by the sink, she dabbed gently as she had been told and was amazed that the black and blue marks were completely gone. She washed and rinsed her face until there was no more sign of the paste. She touched her nose gently, it didn't pain anymore and it certainly didn't feel as if it were broken. She smiled and nodded. very cool, very cool indeed she mused.

"So Brian...what was that she called you? Getathorn?" Patrick began tidying up the equipment left lying about listening to the tap gushing water in the bathroom.

"my surname" Brian answered "My name is Brian Getathorn XIX!" he said giving a hesitant bow, he really didn't want to but seeing as this man was an adult decided it would be polite.

"It sounds familiar", he smiled wondering what was keeping his niece so long, even though she had really been gone only a moment. He had the distinct feeling that somehow or other he had managed to offend this boy.
"Unusual but familiar, there is no need to bow for me my boy. I'm Ace's family, if you are a friend of hers then we need not be so formal".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back