Poseidon Lurking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson Margera

Jackson first Halloween at Hogwarts came sooner than expected. The man had a hard time picking out an outfit just for himself, in the end with a bit of scrap material mix with magic he pulled off his own costume. And look a lot better than his idea of going as a mountain troll. Poseidon god of the sea was one of the few mythology Greek gods Jackson actually like. He didn't like many, he disliked Zeus the most but Poseidon ended up being his favorite.

Covered from head to toe in his own past of make-up and a bit of armor arm, Jackson revealing his arms through his armor, sauntered towards the Halloween celebration. His daughter Madlyn and his newly adopted student Briar Rowan came up with the same idea with Jackson. He's heard Madlyn would be Athena and Briar will portray Artemis. Both well rounded combination of goddess, Hera would be his least favorite. Jackson watched as his students crowded the great hall, inspired at the moment, he started posing like a statue. Wondering how many of them he could fool, without having to laugh.

Briar made her way down to the feast. her costume seemed a lot more real than most peoples. most peoples were almost glowing with magic, but hers was 100% real. the furs she was wearing were not magic, they were not even fake furs. they were in fact deer fur from when she was living at home. she had been quite proud of the day that the deer had been caught, as it was one of the first things she had helped hunt. she had collaborated with her friend Madylin this year. they were both coming as greek goddesses. she was Artemus goddess of the hunt, and Madlyn was Athena goddess of battle strategy and wisdom. she felt like she could go hunting. she had her bow with her, not a fully tuned one that she was used to, but one that would work non the less.
she walked into the hall and the first person she could see towering above everyone else was Professor Margera, Madlyns farther, and the man who had a month ago unofficially adopted her. "Hello Professor. Nice costume, did you also collaborate with Madlyn too?" she asked recognising the costume as the sea god who's name she couldn't remember.

Jackson summon up some pumpkin juice, while he stood there basically moderating the entire feast. He took the old goblet cup he own and drank a few sips of it. Pumpkin juice was fresh tonight, a bit sweet too. He sat the cup down and pull up a chair of his own. Leaning back, he watched the feast from a distant. "Oh hello Briar, my you look just like Artmetis" Jackson commented on the girl's get up. "Yes you can say that, but I always liked too dress up as Poseidon and never got the chance since we just celebrate the harvest fest but without the Halloween theme. Speaking of Madlyn have you seen her? I haven't spotted her this evening yet?" Jackson ask Briar.

Briar Watched as a goblet flew towards the professor. it was a rather large goblet, but she guessed that a normal size goblet want much use to him. she nodded when he said what he was dressed as, the naime clicking when he said it, Poseidon, obviously. "thanks, It isn't so much as a costume as some people would think" she said winking, Professor Margera was one of the few people who knew about her past. so he would know what she was implying even though mast passers by wouldn't have a clue Poseidon suits you, but i think i will keep out of the way of the fork" she said smiling. she knew that Her new adoptive farther would not hurt a fly, dispute his size, but even so the trident looked like it could hurt, or summon storms, whichever the owner wanted it to. "I Havant seen Madlyn yet, we arranged to meet in the hall, not in the house. she should be down soon, or maybe she is already here." she said standing on tiptoe to try and see over the heads of the other students, she couldn't see Madlyn but maybe she was just looking in the wrong direction.

"They look like trophy's than since you practically lived amongst all wild things growing up" he tip his cup to her, and like Madlyn they were the only few who would get what he means by that. "Oh this fork, it's just made of plastic my dear, I gave it a shine to make it look realistic. I don't think the headmaster would allow me to carry a real one" once more he chuckle at Briar, the bottom was made of wood he carved himself. "But the bottom I do take credit, I am very good with wood handling and have heaps of knowledge on them. If you know Madlyn the first year you would know she was into that crazy muggel sports skateboarding" he shook his head slightly. "Long story short I made them for her, nothing is impossible if you know what your doing" he took a greater sip of his pumpkin juice and sighed in content, "I believe that's her over there" he pointed out towards the crowd on his left side.

Madlyn swayed in and out of the crowd, till she reached her father and Briar. Her outfit was a little skin showing, but she made most of the short part longer and hope it conceal just about enough. She wore handmade gloves that went with the belt of her outfit, and her hair was braided down to her back in unique design. "Hey dad and Briar, it's to crowded in here don't you think? Part of my outfit at the bottom was rip but a professor help me to repair it" she greeted them. "How's the fest so far for the two of you?"

briar smiled, she had always needed more cloths than her centaur family to keep her warm, this was aminly due to the absence of thick fur on her lower half. even though once a year she received a parcel of human cloths, left under a tree by someone, she guessed a was her mother, through her first ten years of life, she mostly gone wearing furs. "It was just something i collected from my time in europe." she said before letting the topic drop, she still felt uncomfortable talking to people about he ins and outs of her childhood. "If its plastic, its a pretty good copy, it looks rather real" she said fidgeting with her bow unormfortably in her hands. she had made it over the last couple of weeks. it wasn't perfect, but she knew that if she felt like it she could go into the forrest and used it. "the handle looks really nice, In my second year i had a couple of friends into skateboarding, i had a go, but i must admit it is not my favourite sport" she said as she noticed a familiar head bobbing towards them, "there she is" she said at the same time the Professor pointed madlyn out too. her costume was pretty cool. "Hey Madlyn, It is a it busy in here, but i haven't ventured in much. Your costume is pretty cool" she said in one breath before answering her friends question. "I have only just arrived so i haven't seen much of the feast so far" her stomach gurgling in agreement.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry I am still feeling crappy hopefully soon I will have this all cleared up =D

"You always mention Europe and I always forget to ask you what part of Europe" he went on asking, yet the girl went on discussing about the fork he was holding and her previous years at Hogwarts. Jackson decided it weren't the time to ask or bother with personal question. She was an adoptive daughter after all, he end up someday they can discuss about it more. "No we haven't done much but me sit here and talk about what's going on, in and about of the fest" he said to Madlyn, his eyes linger from her to a few first years from behind who were jumping rhythmically to a tune, a group of them dress in what seems to be skeleton costume. "Settle down kids, settle down young children, don't get to rowdy now" he addressed the group.

"Thanks I really like yours it looks so real compare to mines, and dad you look like Poseidon" Madlyn wrinkle her nose at them,, she was glad she weren't alone this year."I wasn't going to come I just sort of decided at the end again to come because it be the first time I see dad dress like that" she poke fun of Jackson, but the truth is she was a little worried about Joe. And she was getting this feeling of regretting she ever said yes to dating him, now everything was confusing to her cause she couldn't say she been through this ever and it being the first time in dating, she wonder all over again if it was the right thing to do. "Briar have you seen Joe lately in your classes?" she pulled her friend to the side, dad not suppose to know. it was still a secret she rather not have him finding out.

OOCOut of Character:
Hope that you feel better soon.

"to be honest i am not sure what part of europe, The part with all of the forest. I travelled quite a bit and never really had much schooling in means of place names. but i think the muggles called it romania, Slovakia, and the check republic, amongst other things." she said to the professor. still not able to associate the professor as being her step-dad. preforeing to think of him as professor Margera or as Madlyns dad. She didn't want to give too much about her herd away, as she felt like she had already told too much, but she knew that she couldn't give much more away even if she had wanted to. she looked at Madlyn. "I was thinking of getting some food before i saw your dad" she said. a side effect of Briars enormous energy and constant activity was a near constant need for food. she usually kept some fruit, nuts and berries in a bag with her but tonight she hadn't, as she knew that there would be plenty of food available at the feast, also tonight she really fancied pumpkin Pie, something that wouldn't last very long in a bag.
As she and her friend moved away from the older giant "To be honest, i don't pay much attention to people in my class, I just turn up, pay attention do the work, and go. But i will keep an eye out for you if you want?" she said. picking up a pasty and trying to cram as much as she could into her mouth. she chewed as she thought through her classes, and tried to remember joe being there. she couldn't remember anyone in her classes.

Madlyn twitched her nose at her friend, stuff like her nose twitch rarely happen. And when it happens it means she was worried, a whole lot worried not just I'm-just-your-friend worried. "I don't know and I'm starting to think I shouldn't care because he was my friend and if he doesn't like me anymore than he's not being truthful in not telling me" she shrug and grab a pastry for herself and stuff in her mouth. That took about three pastries and some juice to make herself look messy but Briar wasn't left behind. "You look funny, oh Merlin I wish I had a camera right now!"

Briar Listened as Madlyn continued talking about joe she nodded empathetically. "I don't know anyone who wouldn't like you." she said to her friend truthfully. "but from my experience you should never regret something that makes you happy, even if it is just for a minute." she said. Briar tryed to smile as she chewed, her pastie. she had been in the grounds practically since dawn, running, flying and of corse, spending time in the forest. she had knly returned with enough time to take a quick shower and change into her dostume. she left her hair like it was better in the mess a day in the forest had created. "I wish i could take a picture of you right now too" she said. managing to swallow before she burst out laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back