Pondering the Situation

"Tsk tsk Estrella. You're not getting old and mature on me, are you?", Bruin said jokingly. "Are you forgetting what we were like in our first year? We weren't exactly angels, now were we?"

(BTW-loved your Imperius Curse lesson, you're going to beat me in this bet, aren't you?)

Estrella's dark eyes saddened a bit as she thought about it, and she shook her head. "I guess not. But we aren't as innocent as we were then, aren't we? I mean, we can't do the same things we used to when we weren't prefects."

She sat back as she thought about it. Was she being too harsh on the kids?

((Thankies, lol It all depends on fate, I suppose >:) ))

"I don't know. Maybe...", Bruin said thinking about what Estrella had said about them being role models seriously for a moment before a smile returned to his face. "Maybe we just have to be a little more careful to not be seen by younger kids or get caught by the professors?", he said with a air of mischief.

"I don't think I'm ready to give up on all of my innocence just yet!"

Estrella thought about it for a moment, her expression becoming drawn as she recollected her little journey to Bleak Street with Courtney, an excursion that had ultimately ended up in them almost getting hurt badly. She was still unsure where the ministry stood on the situation, and was increasingly nervous about it these days.

"I don't know- Getting into mischief lately for me has just been, bad," she said quietly, thinking about how she and Courtney had been so confident that they were going to be fine since they were Prefects. "I just don't know if I have the drive to do that stuff anymore."

She threw up her hands in the air, exclaiming, "I dunno, Bruin- Maybe I am going old and senile on you!"

Bruin watched as Estrella's face became more serious than before, hardly the reaction he had been expecting to his witty comments. He began to wonder just what Estrella had endured over the past few months to have such a profound change in her personality. "Hey, I like to talk a big game, but it's been a long time since I really did anything too adventurous. That experience at the Borely kind of changed me too. To be honest, I'm kind of worried about this thing that attacked Professor Taggart in the forest. Maybe I'm getting old as well."

Estrella's ears perked up at the mention of Professor Taggart, a teacher she had never really gotten to know. She wasn't all that enthused about Care of magical Creatures itself, although she saw it as an essential class.

"Something attacked Professor Taggart?" she inquired incredulously, "When did this happen?"

"Do you remember when Professor Rambolt mentioned that we should stay out of the forest at the end of our first herbology lesson? Well, I stayed behind after class to ask her about it and she told me that Professor Taggart was attacked by some kind of dark presence or something near the end of the summer. She said he's okay and that the professors are working on it, but to let her and Professor King know if we see anything suspicious." Bruin stated in a low voice, hoping that no one else was listening in on their conversation.

Estrella thought about this for a moment, her lips turning down in a frown. "That's crazy- I've never heard of anything like that in the forest before!" She looked back at Bruin. "Well, have you seen anything suspicious?"

((Grr... Now I"m trying to find the stupid RoR ~X( ))

"No, me neither. I haven't seen or heard of anything else, but Ford, Sophia, Courtney and I thought we might try a little bit of investigative work, but haven't done anything yet. I was trying to think up some reason to go and talk to Professor Taggart directly to see if he'll mention anything specific to work off of, but so far haven't figured anything out.", Bruin replied with a pensive look.

(I wouldn't even have a clue where to look or what to look for. I don't even really understand the message about how to unlock it)

Estrella bit her lip; she really hoped that whatever it was in the forest it would stay deep enough where students would not venture to. She registered that there was a trip into the forest being planned, but she was not ultimately keen on going, or asking, for that matter. She had not been invited in the first place, and while she enjoyed the company of both Bruin and Courtney, she was not on the greatest terms with Ford or Sophia, or anyone in Slytherin house for that matter.

"Oh," she said quietly, looking off to the group of first years, who were becoming loud again, but she decided not to do anything unless they got really bad. "Well, whatever you guys do, don't get hurt. We don't need any more accidents in the forest."

She was surprised at her cold tone; it seemed years beyond the capacity of her small body and life span, and it chilled her to the bone. But what else was she supposed to say?

((Me either! At least I'm not alone <_< I've never been good at scavenger hunts and such.))

"Yeah, that's true. Don't worry, I doubt that we'll get into too much anyways.", Bruin replied quietly. "Besides, Professor Rambolt was pretty confident that the profs would have it figured out and dealt with soon anyways..."

Bruin looked down at his watch and realized how much time had passed. "I should probably get going, but remember what I said earlier. If you ever need someone to talk to, just give me a shout okay?"

Estrella gave Bruin a look that was somewhat happy, content that she at least had a few friends in the messy situation that was her relationships right now. She gave him a small smile, although her dark eyes reflected for a moment that she was a bit sad that he was leaving. "Sure- I guess I can." She smirked. "And I'm still holding you to that bet!"

"I would expect nothing else.", Bruin replied with a little wink, knowing that Estrella better bring her 'A' game if she was going to beat him at this bet. "I'll see you in class Sunshine!", he added, unsure where the nickname came from, but hoping that she realized that he wasn't mocking her, instead trying to let her know how she could brighten the world with even the smallest of smiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back