Pocketful of sunshine

"How will you know that I am watching you if you are sleeping? Or maybe you're just pretending to be asleep?" Nathalie stated, smiling warmly at Brad, of course, she could see that he was just kidding, but she wanted to go along with him now. She just wanted to have even just a little fun. She had had to laugh when Brad started to mess with her. Usually, girls would become angry when someone did that to them, but not Nathalie, for in fact, she liked it. It's a simple gesture of affection to her, no matter what the other person means, she likes being pat in the head, and she likes it when someone messes with her hair, it makes her feel like a little child, which might have sounded weird coming from her. "Do I dance? Yes, it depends on the kind of dance though, I do ballet during school vacation." She answered absentmindedly as she watched Brad do some sort of a funny looking dance, well, it seemed funny to her anyways.

Brad danced for a while and had fun, since all of his family had a strong relationship with muggles, Brad knew almost everything about them and how they lived their life. An aunt of his was a squib and he wasn't embarrassed, he was actually quite proud of her. "Alright let's go eat" He smiled as he walked to the hall, where the food was served. He took a seat and sat, grabbing the salad in front of him. The diet in the school was somehow different than other schools, well at least that was what Sally said. "Hmm... I can't wait till holiday" He smiled remembering his family. "Nathalie, have I asked you about your family? I mean where are they and how many are there?" He asked hoping that he wasn't considered as nosy.

Smiling, Nathalie followed Brad towards the hall, of course, he was just one pocketful of sunshine, he was just too cheerful in her opinion, but she did enjoy his company too. Taking a sit right beside him, she also took the same meal that he did, that's what she would usually do whenever she cannot choose of what she would eat, "Holiday huh?" She said, taking a sip from her glass of water, "Oh, my family? Well, I'm an only child, had I told you that already?" She stated, titling her head to the side as she tried to figure out whether she had indeed said that already.

Again, brad hit his head and laughed, feeling stupid. "You did" He said and stuffed the lettuce into his mouth, chewing it and swallowed it. "This tastes wierd" He drank the apple juice which was so much better than the salad. Not that he dislike greens but his brother could get him better lettuce. "Are you not sometimes lonely? I mean I have a big family and my home's a jungle and I can't imagine being the only child" Of course Brad would die if he had no siblings, he wasn't used to it and he was never alone, even in school. So he couldn't imagine himself not having his siblings around him and that he had to do everything all by himself, he would probably kill himself.

Nathalie giggled as she heard Brad talk, really, how random can he be? He's really funny in her opinion, and honestly, he brightens up her day. "It does taste weird eh?" She said, smiling as she took some salad as well. It really was weird actually, how the meal served there for them was not that different from the one served in their house, must be about the figure thing as well as maintaining the perfect health she guessed. "Hm, of course I can be lonely sometimes, I mean, who wouldn't be lonely when you don't have any siblings to play with?" Of course, it was true that she had never really played with anyone before seeing that she was an only child, and her cousins were mainly males. "But being an only child do have some advantages too Brad, you get all the attention of your parents.. but sometimes, I guess it's just too much."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back