Pocket Full of Change

Esme Lively

OOC First Name
madz
It shouldn't have come to a surprise when Esme arrive home one day to see a letter of eviction posted right at her door. Quite frankly she stay here longer than needed, the rent went sky high, that's was why she stop paying to live here. Besides that, there were many issues corresponding with the flat. To be honest the letter of eviction was a sign of relief. Yet why did she feel that her world was falling apart the moment something like her home was taken away from her. It felt like an old issue with her mother all over again, pretty effing depression when you think about your mom at your lowest point. It meant going back to her and taking her crap for a few months, but she didn't give into that thought.

Instead she grab all her clothing and precious belongings, drop them in a charm bag. It weight zero pounds when you use a charm bag to haul your stuff around. She went to the nearest cafe shop, there was one just across from Park Street. In no hurry, she took her time to cross Park Street, she never look back the apartment she left behind. Once on Park which was two blocks down, she ended up at the shop, where she order just a cup of coffee for herself and grab for the nearest gazette. There has to be flat listings here somewhere, hope it's my lucky day. She doubted that it was, yet she didn't give up. Flats or roommate, she willing to take anything.

OOCOut of Character:
I was hoping they meet at this listing, not at the cafe shop. But it's up to you, I'm up for anything ^_^

Maia was quite happy with herself, she had just put up her notice for a room available in her flat. She could afford to live there alone, but she was lonely, and she missed having people around. She was over-worked, from the shop, to the magazine, to the play she had gotten a part in. She missed people, sure she saw people every day, but mostly on a proffessional basis. She had put on quite a low rent, which she had no intention of raising and she had painted the walls of the room white, bought a double bed, a wardrobe and a bedside table, they could paint the walls, change the furniture-whatever, but she thought it would be best to leave people with a blank canvas. She walked home, with a spring in her step, opening her door quietly, and turning on music, at a low, bearable sound. then, she went to the cupdoard and made herself some hot cocoa, plenty of milk, and much too much sugar-just the way she liked it.

Sitting down on the comfortable couch, she drew her legs to herself and began watching T.V. She had an early gym session tommorow, trapeze, for a scene where she would be flying-her director had suggested it. she was strangely looking forward to it-the idea of being so high up excited her.

It so happen that a few listings were nearby. Paying for her drink, she circle a few choices. The first two listings, were male roommates. Not that she hadn't a problem with them, but with past experience at her cousin John's flat, she rejected the offers right away. Perhaps could've been different than John, but she pass the chance to find out. One more listing, the very last close one nearby. She pray for something decent for this one. Hitting the streets where the listed is located, flats from the outside appeared to be simple. Not bad, she guess.

Approaching the flat, she rang the doorbell. This probably won't take long, already thinking negative she waited patiently outside. Strange the door was open. Still she waited, never been the type to barge in someone flat, she respected that aspect pretty much till she got to know the person she will end up dealing with in the future.

Maia jumped at the sound of the doorbell, spilling her cocoa. She cringed and used a quick spell to clean it up. "Coming." she called, her English lilt bright and cheery as she panicked and ut down the mug, what if it was Taylor? What if it wasn't? she sraightened her clothes and practically ran to the door. It had only been a few seconds, but alredy she was slightly flustered. She pulled open the door, the light spilling from the room to the hall. "Hi! I'm Maia." she grinned, hoping this would be someone answering her listing, and silently saying a prayer of thanks to God, that it hadn't ben Taylor. "Come on in." she grinned, opening the door and lettin the newcomer in. She looked around Maia's age, and hopefully she was pleasantly surprised, from the outside the flat didn't look like much but it was much nicer inside, over the past year She had collected little bits and pieces that she liked and put them together. She liked th overall effect, but she knew that when someone else lived there, things would be changed and she was looking forward to it, to someone else putting things here, to changing it up and making it their own. she couldn't picture herself living with a guy, so she was gad it was a girl who had answered her ad.

She walked in, the room was in a mild state of disarray at the moment, with a lanket on the couch, and her cocoa on the table, dishes drying on the draining board, but it wasn't too bad, it could definitely be worse. "Sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone I just got home." she commented, the room was a bit of a mess, with her shoes thrown around the floor, but hopefully tht wouldn't be a problem.

Esme stood on her toes waiting for a respond, thankfully someone came to the door. She hated the awkward feeling of waiting for someone to reply whenever it had her standing out somewhere strange yet not so new to her brown eyes. "Hi, I'm Esme" off the bat she detected the bright British accent coming from Maia. Maia a girl she would say was a lot more pretty than Esme. Who gave out the aura of a pretty girl, while Esme was your average tomboy. she clung over her charm bag to her shoulder, stepping into the main foyers she was instantly lead into the parlor The inside stunning, completely opposite from the outside. She was please, it was neat but the brightness made it a little colorless for her taste.

"No it's fine actually, a real shock from the outside" she spoke tad nervous. Afraid if she bump into anything she would mess up the outlook of the parlor all together. "Will you be needing anything, reference? Credit history?" she pray not. Esme slack a lot from getting the information on time. It happen so quick, so getting the information on timemade it near impossible.

"Nice to meet you Esme." Maia replied, happily. She was glad it was a girl, she was pretty, with the type of short-cut hair Maia had always wanted, but couldn't get because her hair was too curly, it'd just frizz out. She smiled at the sight o the girls bag, it was cool, quirky-she got a good feeling about this one. She knew her apartment wasn't to others tastes, but she was out of the place so much that it was just easier to keep it bright, to avoid too much cleaning, this way-she saw any dirt and could get rid of it with a quick cleaning spell.

"I know, I wasn't to happy either, but it was basically empty when I got here, but I liked that there were lots of windows, and plenty of space-plus I was short on cash, so I took it." she smiled, she could afford a new apartment by now, but she felt attached to the place now, it was home. "Nope, I'm not really in this to make a profit, I just don't like living on my own-you know? I'd be more partial to living with someone I like, than someone who fits the bill financially." she grinned. "Do you want coffe or anything?" she asked, turning to face Esme full-on.

Esme nodded as if she understood. Not to long ago she was inside her own flat, making it home the best she had done. To be honest, she didn't do so much for her apartment like Maia. She did what she can when she remembered too. Otherwise everything had just pile up one another. In a way it felt homely, with her socks on the floor and her clothes taking up a corner. The dishes went days without being clean, but it never expose an odor. Eventually she did her her part in the apartment, it was the cost that made her homeless today. With her lonesome bag will her values, she swung at her side and smile grateful at Maia's respond to her question.

"Well I will be paying of course my part" she dug into her bag, the charm one and brought out some funds for the girl to accept. "This is the cost for up front" it was plain simple muggel money, Esme had no clues if her new roommate was a muggel or not. One can never be took careful. Sometimes she could be wrong at judging, that's why it was significant you wait till a few hints were drop here and there. uncle Ross could not afford another mishap involving Esme. uncle Ross had bailed out in the past when it came to messing around with muggels. "Will that do for now?" she ask, two hundred muggel money, and yes she nodded to coffee. "If you don't mind.." Esme felt at ease, she could tell she would benefit from knowing and living her with Maia.​

She smiled at Esme. "Cool." she grinned. She wasn't surprised to see muggle money, she'd change it later. If her room-mate was a muggle, she'd have to be careful, if she was. "Yeah, that's plenty." she replied, as she walked into the kitchen, she put the kettle on the boil. If she knew whether Esme was a muggle or not, she'd have just used a spell to make it boil immediately, but she couldn't risk it. "So, when do you want to move in?" she asked, turning back toward her. She couldn't wait, she really didn't like living alone.

A few moments later, the kettle boiled. Maia poured the steaming water into two mugs and handed a coffe to Esme, she also set out milk, cream and sugar, not knowing how she liked her coffe-yet. She put a bit of everything into her coffe, loading up on the milk and sugar. It was so bitter-sweet and tasty. She inhaled before drinking, lookin back up at Esme.

Esme took up the offered coffee, she poured some sugar and milk like Maia, and if there had been any available to her, she would have added ice to hers. She like it cold and sweet, it woke her up and kept her pump. She followed Maia to the small opening of the kitchen, where a lovely table took occupancy next to the burner. Esme smiled and sat in the soft cushion of the chair, she took her cup of hot Joe and sat down, as if she already was living here. If you don't mind.." she first started to say, "if it's not a hassle at all..." the hint hung ever so cleared for Maia to get it right away, .."maybe today, I just really have no place else to go" though half of it wasn't the truth, least she meant it by saying. It gave it some truth, because really, her uncle would kill her with rules and no means will she be taking orders from any time soon.

Maia smiled as Esme sat down. "That'd be great!" she grinned, she was so excited, she really wanted a room-mate and she couldn't believe things had hapened so quickly. Esme seemed like a nice girl, she thought and she knew that she needed to see more of her fellow human beings-besides the customers in her shop. "Do you need any help moving?" she asked, happily. She might use some magic on the sly, to help Esme out. She grinned, siping her coffe, and sitting opposite Esme, in a comfy, squishy chair-her favourite as it happened.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry about late, late, late reply :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back