Plan Z

Cyrus Ray-Knight

OOC First Name
<3
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Cyrus Ray Knight was getting used to being around so many people. Normally, he was by himself at home. At home, no one hung out with him. He was awkward, but here he did not feel awkward. He was one of the taller first years, but he had managed to fit in. It was not visible or obvious that he was part-giant, yet. He still needed to hit puberty. That was what his lame excuse for a mother said. He was adopted. He did not know who his real parents were. All he knew was the he was a part-giant. Cy took a seat on a bench in the Courtyard. The castle was so big! His legs hurt from all the walking he had to do. Classes had just started, and he had made sure he had everything for them. He did not want to fall behind. He needed to stay on top of it so that he would not end up being a bum after his seventh year. That was not an option.

He had gotten sorted into a decent house. He had a feeling he would get Slytherin. He had no problem with the house. The Sorting Hat had told him that he thought highly of himself. Of course he did! He was the purely the awesomest person in the whole school. Everyone was lukewarm in his eyes. Where did he get this ridiculous confidence? He did not know, but it was better than telling himself that he was a freak. He needed to make it seem like he loved himself. There was a book in front of him, but he was not reading it. The boy was too busy in his thoughts. He pushed his glasses up. They made him look uber geeky, but he did not mind. He liked them. They went well with his hair. He looked adorable, but in reality, he wanted to stomp out the happiness in everyone's life.

Dexter was currently playing 'Auror' a game he often played at home. He could never remember the actual name, but he and his little siblings and older cousins would get together and run around, using sticks as wands, and 'attack' each other. for safety reasons, Dexxie decided to use a stick instead of his real wand and got down to business. The Slytherin was running through the halls, slamming himself against the wall if someone came near. As soon as people turned, he would cast a fake spell at them and move on. It was fun playing pretend, but usually he'd have another person with him, so they could talk to each other and give out 'commands'. But Dexter didn't have anyone to play with. He had asked that Rebecca girl, but she just stared at him for a while and walked away. Dex took that as a 'maybe later'. But he was playing now, not 'maybe later'. Dexter did a barrel roll past the Great Hall door, receiving a strange look by a professor that was entering. Dexter simply ignored them and move on, he had bad guys to hunt.

Dexter ran outside, slamming his small frame against one of the columns in the Courtyard. There was a boy sitting on one of the benches. He looked familiar and Dexter recognised him from the Slytherin Common Room. He just wasn't sure what year he was in. Dexxie did not mind, he looked nice! A cheeky grin grew on the young blondes face and he crouched down, circling around the courtyard so he was positioned behind the boy, slightly on his right. He giggled a little before jumping out. "Boo!" He exclaimed, before bowing a little. "Hello! I'm Dexter, but you can call me Dex, what's your name? What year are you in? Do you wanna play?!"

Cyrus stopped sitting around like a bum, and he opened his book. He was done thinking. Now, it was time for him to add some useful things into his head. Thinking was a dangerous sport that Cyrus was encouraged not to engage in. He was very creative. He came up with madness. His adoptive parents kept him busy because they did no want him getting into trouble, which was his specialty. He had a feeling he would get in trouble at least five or six times his entire seven years. That was almost one horrid act a year. He had a feeling his Head of House extremely tough, but it was not like Hogwarts was his only choice for schooling. Cyrus was going to try his best not to get into any you me with Professor Styx. He knew what being a Slytherin meant, what Slytherin stood for, but he was still human?

Cyrus was reading a fairytale. Yes. A fairytale. Why would he be reading academic books on his free time? That was not how this Slytherin rolled. Now that he thought about it, he was not really cut out for Ravenclaw. He heard something, saw something, and he felt his heart skip a beat. He bit down on his tongue to keep himself from cursing at the boy. Dexter. Dex. Year. Play. Cyrus only heard the important things. But, he ignored the boy's enthusiasm. "What are you? An elf high of leaves or something? You don't just pop up in front of people!" he held his book on Jack and the Bean Stalk close to his chest. It took him a few minutes to calm down and catch his breath. He exhaled. "I'm sorry. I am Cyrus, and I am a first year. Also, it depends." he spoke calmly.

Dexter's enthusiasm bubbled a little lower than it had at the boys reaction. Dexter was quite a small boy, surely he wasn't scary. In fact, he was often told that he wasn't scary. He was too cheerful to be scary. He tilted his head at what the boy said. Elf? Dex wasn't an elf. He'd never been called an elf before. It was quite strange. Did he look like an elf? He quickly examined himself. He thought that he looked quite human. If anything, he was expecting a more bird related insult, even though males did not become birds, he had been called a few names in his time. It was a little refreshing for something new, but elf? Maybe the boy was just in shock because Dexxie had jumped out so suddenly? "I'm not an elf! I'm a boy." He looked down a little when the boy continued. "I'm sorry that I startled you, I didn't mean to scare you. I don't think I'm scary enough to scare someone, even when jumping out."

Dexter looked at the boy that was firmly pressed against the other boys chest. He'd never seen the book before. Was it an action, adventure book? Was it a drama? A romance? Dexter giggled to himself. He doubled it was a romance book. The boy in front of him didn't look like a romantic. "Oh it's no problem. I've never been called an elf before, i's something new." To hear the boy was in first year, Dexter's smile brightened. "Hello Cyrus! we're in the same year, that's amazing! You're quite tall. I hope I'll be tall too, like my dad. He's really tall. Heeeeey, why don't you play, come on! It'll be fun, I promise. We can run around the courtyard and duck and hide and everything. It's a lot of fun, really!" He began to jump a little bit on the spot. "Come on, put the book down and join me! It's too nice out here to sit around reading. This is running weather!"

Cyrus shrugged. "It's not that you look scary. I just wasn't expecting to be surprised. That's all." he said and gave a bit of an irritated smile. He wanted to drop it now. He was just caught off guard. There was no real reason to keep on the subject. Cyrus liked to be on point, and when he wasn't, it irritated the cotton out of him. Not that he was a teddy bear or anything. He was just kind of easily irritated. This kid seemed really innocent. He was perfect for playing around with, and not in the game sense. Cy just couldn't find himself to get mad or yell at the boy.

Cyrus found it hard to get a word in with the boy. He was quite the talker. Cyrus just kept his mouth closed. A cocky smile appeared on his face when his height was mentioned. He straightened out his tie and ran a hand over his clothes. "Why thank you." he said. He patted his hair and quickly dusted off his shoulders as if there was any dirt. Cyrus shrugged again. "Well, I guess I can play a game." he paused briefly. "I make everything quite fun." he set down his book and slowly stood up. He looked up at the sky as if he was some sort of god. Wait, he was a god. One day all the peasants in his presence were going to fall to their needs. No one understood yet that a god was among them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back