Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
12 1/2 Inch Cherry Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
It had been a few weeks since Valentine's day, but the two pink roses Abian had received back then were still haunting him. He had absolutely no idea who they were from, and no one had come up to him to tell him they had sent them to him. He'd considered the possibility that it was a prank, but if it was someone would have fessed up by now, right? It didn't help that Abian had a few people he kind of wanted to send him pink roses, which he still wasn't sure was normal. Could someone have a crush on two... maybe three people at once? Was that normal? He didn't know who to ask. He'd considered going to a nurse about it, but it was too embarrassing.

So instead, he decided to talk to one of his best friends about it. William was someone who seemed to know a lot, and he probably had ideas about who sent pink roses to Abian. Or at least, had some answers about Abian's own feelings. Armed with the unsigned note that came with one of the two roses, Abian went to look for the Slytherin. He knew William well enough to know he was probably outside, and he as relieved to find his friend at the lake. He headed over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. "Hi William, what are you up to?"

William was in agony. He had stressed and panicked and hemmed and hawed for so long over whether or not it was a good idea to send Abian a pink rose, to even anonymously acknowledge his crush on his friend. It had taken up all of his thoughts for days, and after all of that worrying and fussing, it seemed as though Abian hadn't even noticed. If he had any inkling the rose has been from William, he hadn't said or done anything about it, but at this point it seemed far more likely that Abian simply didn't care at all. William knew he didn't really have any place to be disappointed; he hadn't even had the guts to sign his name, but he was disappointed all the same.

Which, of course, meant he was berating himself about it. What right did William have to be disappointed? What did he think was going to happen? Abian would magically figure it out, and they would get married? Stupid. Really, he was lucky Abian hadn't figured out someone as annoying and gross as William had sent him a rose. Abian definitely wouldn't have talked to him ever again, which was probably what William deserved for trying to hit on someone as cool and handsome and popular as Abian. Throwing one of the many rocks in his hand into the lake, William scowled as he berated himself mentally. Stupid to even try. His thoughts were interrupted by the feeling of a tap on his shoulder and when William turned to see just the boy who had been occupying his thoughts, he dropped all of the rocks all at once, heart stopping for a second as they scattered around his feet. "Nothing." William said quickly, trying and failing to seem casual. "What's up?"

Abian laughed a it at William's response and him dropping the rocks. Was he embarrassed? "Why were you throwing rocks into the water, were you trying to do skipping stones?" He asked him curiously. "I think you have to have different rocks for that." He said, looking around for one. He found a flat stone and tried to throw it in the way he'd seen others do, to make it skip. But it just sank instead. He laughed. "I clearly don't know how to do it either." He joked. "Uh... can we talk for a bit? I have a mystery to figure out, and you're smart."

It was hard not to wince at the sound of Abian laughing at him, but William forced himself to stay cool, shrugging as casually as he could manage. At least it wasn't about the rose. He shrugged casually, leaning his weight on one leg. "I wasn't trying to skip 'em, I was just thinking..." He said casually, looking at Abian for a moment, and then glancing back over the water. William didn't often think much of his social skills, but he got a feeling he was doing pretty well at being casual right now. That died though, when Abian asked about a mystery, and William felt every muscle in his body tense. Forcing himself to relax though, William shrugged. "What's up?" He asked, throwing another rock into the lake.

Abian wondered if there was something wrong with William, or if he was reading into things. His friend looked a bit worried, and Abian frowned a little bit. "Everything okay?" He asked him, almost forgetting he had come here to talk originally. If William needed him, he'd be there. They were best friends, after all. But then William asked him what was up, and Abian remembered why he had sought him out. He watched the rock land in the water, then spoke. "I got two pink roses this Valentine's day, but both were without a name. One had a note, though." He dug into his pocket and handed the note to William. "Do you have any idea who this could be from? You're smart..."

William's confidence in his own casual aura dropped to nothing as Abian asked if he was alright. "Yeah! I'm fine!" He said quickly, hoping Abian wouldn't enquire more it would be easier to focus on what Abian wanted to talk about, and hopefully... hopefully it would be the rose William had sent. As Abian spoke though, William felt his heart cracking. "Oh..." He said, trying to keep the tremble out of his voice as he looked at a note he had most definitely not sent himself. Someone else liked Abian as well. And knowing how popular Abian was, it was probably someone much better for him than William. Trying to keep his breaking heart a secret, William shrugged and handed the note back, using all of his restraint not to crumple it up and throw it in the lake. "Dunno. But they can't spell." He said casually. "Have you, uh.... been hanging out with anyone who might have sent it?" He asked, hating himself for asking at the same time. He both wanted to know and desperately didn't.

Abian could definitely see something odd about William, but he couldn't pinpoint what it was. But the boy said he was fine, and Aian had a feeling he would be annoyed if Abian pushed it. He decided to ask again later. Maybe something was wrong with his siblings? He was curious what William would make of the note, and let out a small laugh when he said they can't spell. He shrugged. "I've been hanging out with Arvel a lot, but I think he would spell correctly." He said, pondering it. "Maybe... Emily, but I embarrassed myself in front of her so badly, I doubt she would send me a rose." He sighed. "Do you have any guesses? And about the other one as well?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back