OOC First Name
Sofija
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
The Student Lounge became Parker's favorite place to hang out after library. His dorm wasn't that bad, but it still was too dark for him, he was the daylight lover. He sat by fireplace and slowly opened his book about werewolves. He had already read several books about Scotland's and New Zealand's Hogwarts history and another wizarding stuff. Parker got even bigger and bigger dislike to werewolves as he continued reading. "What the hell?" he saw picture with lycanthrope and studied it with confusion and frustration.

@Zachariah Ezekiel King

Zachariah had been lounging about. Not something he usually did but it was just one of those days. He wasn't paying much attention to anyone either so naturally, he almost jumped out of his seat when he heard a yell. He turned his attention to the boy who yelled and what he was doing. Curious Zachariah moved closer to see over the boy's shoulder. "What's with the noise?" Zachariah asked not sure what the problem was.

Parker hardly blushed and looked at the other boy. He tried to come up with something to say, but decided to just say truth. "I-ugh, I'm sorry. I just didn't expect lycanthrope to look like this, it just kinda accidentally pulled out." he guilty looked back at his book and then at the boy. "I thought that werewolf would look like a simple wolf." he shrugged with shoulders and sheepishly smiled at the boy.

Zachariah nodded as he thought over what the boy said. He had promised to give people who didn't know about the magic world a chance. Right now he wasn't sure if this was such an occasion. The boy seemed to be nervous and Zachariah felt somewhat empowered by that. He enjoyed getting under people's skin from time to time. He was in a good enough mood not to pick on the boy though, but that really depended on where the conversation went, Zachariah smirked. "They are rather ugly but you couldn't have seriously thought they changed like an Animegus." Zachariah stated. He hadn't moved from peering over the boy's shoulder. The way he saw it was that if it made the boy uncomfortable then he should move.

Parker grinned at the boy's answer and looked back at the book searching for better answer. "You know, when I hear werewolf, I kinda expect wolf not this uncompleted version of wolf with back and hairstyle problems," he half smiled over his shoulder, he didn't feel uncomfortable with that, he'd feel uncomfortable if he tried to sit in his lap, but until that everything was fine. "Makes sense, right? And after all, why so ugly? I feel sorry for them, they are losers." he shrugged with his shoulders, he didn't really care if he offended anyone. For him werewolves were ugly and he didn't feel sorry for his opinion.

Zachariah nodded his head and smiled. "Back and hairstyle problems. Interesting way to describe it." Zachariah grinned. He continued to listen as the boy spoke. The idea that the boy completely skipped over his comment about an Animegus made him believe that the boys knowledge was limited. The loseres comment made Zachariah laugh. "Maybe you should read up on Animegus. The pictures are much better looking. Unless you want an eyesore. They are closer to your idea for what a werewolf should look like." Zacharah said. He shifted from crouching behid the boy and sat next to him because his leggs were going numb. "I'm Zachariah Ezekiel King. And you are?" Zachariah presented his hand for the boy to shake.

Parker raised eyebrows, smiled and nodded. "The only right description to them," he chuckled and listened about animagus. He tried to ignore words he didn't know that well, he felt extremely uneducated. Parker really tried to catch up with all that magical world, he really tried, but it wasn't that easy. Not for Parker. "I would like to believe that there is no so unpretty creatures, is there? Animagus are wizards who can transform in a specific animal, right?" he carefully watched at the boy with a little confusion. He had heard about animagus before, but he didn't any details and nothing. "I feel awful for having to ask that, little uneducated first year." Parker looked at the floor and lightly shook head with grin, and watched as the boy moved next to him. "I'm Parker Reed, no second name." Parker shook Zachariah's hand. "Zach or Zeke is okay with you? Your name is pretty long and nickname is a bit shorter," he really hoped that Zachariah won't find that offending, Parker's Bella felt offended even after he didn't want to give her his hand. He was used to expect that people may feel offended about any littlel thing.

Zachariah shrugged at first he didn't show any emotion, but when Parker implied he didn't know what an animegus was he was shocked. "So... You grew up in... in the... muggle world?" Zachariah hesitated to ask. A slight frown on his face as he recalled the last two times he spoke to someone muggle related. Just his luck to bump into another one. It didn't exactly make him feel any better.

Quickly wanting to jump ahead he decided to rather explain what Parker didn't know. "Yeah, an Animegus is a wizard who gains the ability to change into an animal. It's a full transformation so there is no indication that the animal is in fact human. Well, that's what I've read about anyway and what my... Godfather has told me." Zachariah added the last part hesitantly not sure about Parker's reaction. For good measure, Zachariah added. "I'm sure you can find the books in the library. I don't mind either nickname. You can use whichever makes you comfortable?" Zachariah said. He was completely unsure about how to act now. He figured being friends with Parker would be cool, but he also knew it would be a pain since he would probably have to watch his attitude.

"Are you muggle-born?" The question just left Zachariah's mouth without warning. Zachariah didn't show any emotion on his face though. He kept that ever-present bored and unbothered look as he waited for an answer.

Parker looked at the floor and rolled his eyes just to Zach didn't see it. Parker thought that muggleborns are losers since they had to change their daily atmosphere, it wasn't cool. Then he looked back up and nodded. He carefully listened to what boy said and tried to keep it in mind. He was pretty fast learner, but there was too many new names. What was the difference between fairies and pixies? "Oh, alright. Thank you. So you are close with your Godfather?" he wasn't baptized and he didn't even really has aunts or uncles, except his best friend's mom. "Yeah, I have been reading a lot of books lately, even tho I am not really a reader. Right now trying to catch up with human beings," he pointed at his book with half smile. "Then I will go with Zach," Parker nodded.

"Yeah," he chuckled and then looked at him with confusion. "Is that a really big problem?" at this point his worrying lightly showed up and Parker tried to understand Zach. He thought that Zach is cool, someone he would like to be friends with, so he kinda hoped that boy won't say that it's such a big deal.

Zachariah hesitated. He had never really spoken about his home life with anyone. People will always assume you have parents since that's just how things were. "Amm Yeah I live with him. It is a requirement to obey him and talk to him." Zachariah said. His voice sounding defensive as he spoke. Zachariah admired Parker's drive to learn about the things around him. It also put Zachariah at ease a bit knowing that he might possibly have someone to study with. "We could study together in the library. I don't mind helping you understand some things that you didn't know." Zachariah said hoping to move away from his family matters.

Zachariah didn't mind the nickname Zach although most times he preferred Zeke. Zachariah gave Parker an approving smile for the nickname to say he was okay with that. Zachariah thought he noticed some sort of worry in Parker's face. "I'm not good with talking to muggles," Zachariah admitted. "They seem to get easily offended by Purebloods who know more than them. And it's such a bother to watch what I say all the time." It was the truth of the matter really. Besides the fact that he thought he was better than them they always took offence when he said something. Not that he really cared. He felt that if Parker didn't get offended then they could actually be friends because in all fairness Zachariah actually seemed to be enjoying talking to Parker. Something seemed to tell Zachariah that Parker would understand.

Parker was one of those kids who lived in a full family, but he didn't find weird families that weren't full. "Oh, that sounds cool, except obeying. I don't have Godfather, how does it feels like living with him?" At first he didn't understand that Zach wasn't into this theme, but then he understood reference with Zach's defensive tone and Parker lightly blushed, and fastly switched to the next theme. "That would be excellent, I could use some help and I'm sure that maybe I could help you with something too. I usually remember a lot from what I read." Parker was surely looking forward to that. He felt comfortable with him and he was inclined to learn as much as he could and someone who already knew way more than he did was best partner for studying.

Parker fastly nodded at what Zach said and then bursted into a wide smile. "In the magical society we are kinda lycanthropes, we are losers there. I kinda understand why they are offended, but meh, that's dumb. Oh right, you can just talk, I won't get mad that your knowledge is better than mine." he smiled at him and more confidently sat on the sofa, his stress faded when Zach told what was the problem with muggles and muggleborns. He understood that there was hierarchy and also muggles somehow were easily offended even by other muggles. "How many muggles have you offended before you made that opinion?" he lightly laughed and looked at Zach. It was just a joke, he kinda wanted to know more about how Zach saw them.

Zachariah shifted slightly. Parker didn't seem to think it was weird that he lived with his godfather. With somewhat of a sigh of relief Zachariah smiled. Zachariah thought of telling Parker how he felt about living with his godfather but decided against it for the time being. He was actually sensitive about that subject. Zachariah nodded with a smile when Parker accepted the offer to study together.

Zachariah felt like he had said something wrong again. As Parker spoke he slowly realised that he didn't say anything and Parker didn't care much that he was of a higher status. The idea made Zachariah frown a bit. Parker was definitely not like the others he had met. Zachariah's eyes went wide at Parker's last question. He debated with himself about what to say. Zachariah got slightly defensive because he really didn't believe he had done anything wrong. "I didn't do anything." Zachariah defended. "The first guy was just being a pain and implied that I was being rude because I didn't ask about his feelings or some nonsense. I wasn't interested in talking to anyone that day anyway. The second guy called me a muggle and I simply corrected him. I don't believe I should be at fault because I told him I don't belong to that grouping of people. Who just assumes that because someone isn't too happy about coming to Hogwarts that they must be a muggle. There are other reasons people don't want to be here." Zachariah crossed his arms starring at the floor. His slight frustration wasn't directed at Parker though. The memories just felt like one big insult. He really wasn't doing anything wrong when that had happened. Zachariah took out some cauldron cakes and offered one to Parker.

At some point Parker almost thought that Zach will answer to his question, but he wasn't really disappointed when Zach stayed quiet about that. Parker would do the same actually, why would anyone tell something private when they just met? That made sense and he just skipped that part of the conversation with only keeping in mind that Zachariah doesn't like to talk about.

Parker couldn't help himself but smile at all Zach emotions. It was adorable, if they looked at the point where some minutes ago Parker was worried and Zach kept his poker face. And then he softly laughed at how Zachariah started to defend himself, but he carefully listened to what he was telling. Parker may not be the best person to talk to at some points, but he almost always was good at listening, except in the early mornings. He wasn't morning person at all. "You met some weirdos." he stated his fact and then kept talking. "About the first guy, he is just meh, totally not it. He had to understand that no one cares about his problems, if they doen't know him. That kinda is reason why it is his problems, he has to deal with them not anyone else." he shrugged shoulders without any specific emotions, he had always thought that people, who thinks that their problems are also everyone's else problems, are annoying. He wouldn't ask that either, he cared only about his family and friends, with others.. their problems wasn't Parkers unless it included him. "Second guy.. Is just no too. I mean I kinda see his point since he probably just tried to find friends that would share his new expierence with him, but counting you as similar to him just because you didn't want to come to Hogwarts was weird. Why you didn't want to come to school? I didn't want to come here too, by the way." he said and frowned. Yes, school wasn't that bad as he expected, but it still it was almost as weird as boys zach met.

Last edited:
Parkers understanding made Zachariah feel more at ease. Zachariah relaxed back into the couch and half-smiled at Parker. "You're probably the nicest muggle I have ever met. Well since I don't go looking for muggles to meet anyway." Zachariah said nonchalantly. Zachariah had his emotionless mask on once again but it wasn't as solid as it usually is. He was content with spending time with Parker, but that didn't mean he 2wanted other people to know that. He thought about Parker's question trying to think of a way to phrase his answer without sounding like an ass. Zachariah laughed a bit when he thought of what to say. "There's a slimy monster with a furry companion that lurks in these halls." Zachariah smirked. "What about you why didn't you want to be here?" Zachariah returned the question.

Parker smirked at what Zachariah said. "I guess it was only half a compliment since you added second part, where is the other half of my compliment?" he tried to keep serious face after he said that, but then bursted in a wider smile than previous ones. "But thank you," he actually took it as a full compliment, he wasn't used to compliments. In previous school he had only like two friends, he usually just didn't get along with them. To second answer Parker frowned in an easy stress. Why no one bothered to tell him about monster at school? "Monster with furry companion? Who are what are they?" he tried to keep his worrying under control so he could focus better on the answer. "It's.. I am not really into sudden changes, if fact that magic is real is easier to deal with, then I was totally not into moving away from my house and city, and family. And I had to leave my music instruments at home and we just got new drums,'' for Parker music was one of the most important things in his life. It was already his lifestyle and Hogwarts took it away from him at this point.

Zachariah could no longer keep his impassive mask on. He was almost doubled over from laughing. Admittedly he didn't think he had complimented Parker but he was glad Park took it that way. When Parker asked about the monster Zachariah laughed harder. He noticed a slight frown on Parker's face so he tried his best to control himself. He thought about taking the monster thing a little further. It would be kind of fun to see what happens. "Well. I say slimy because it's a Slytherin. The furry companion is rather small though and walks on four legs." Zachariah smirked.

Zachariah was curious about Parker talking about instruments. "Do you live far from Hogwarts? What Instruments do you play?" Zachariah asked with a smile.

Parker just couldn't keep quiet and started laughing with Zach. Parker didn't know why other boy was laughing, but it was easy to make Reed laugh if someone was laughing that catchy. "Alright, does our dungeons have rats? And monster from Slytherin.. I'm sorry the only thing that comes up in my mind is our house ghost that breeds rats, but it doesn't make any sense." he shook his head in confusion. He kinda understood that Zach was playing with him, but there was no chance that he just came up with everything, Parker was sure that Zachariah meant something, but he tried to solve his riddle with too magical ways. He didn't even have a thought that Zach may talk about any specific and mostly alive human.

"I'm from Auckland, I'm not really sure where Hogwarts would be on the map, but it's surely not so close to school, you? Where are you from?. I play guitar, bass guitar and drums, actually I mostly prefer drums, but I can play both guitars too. I would start to learn how to play piano by now, but I am here. You play any instrument or prefer sports?" he asked with unhidden curiousity and light smile. It was totally easy to see that Parker was really enjoying Zachariah's company and from what Zach said, Parker was pretty sure that at this point he wasthe only muggleborn who enjoyed his company without feeling offended or just feeling uncomfortable.

Parkers assumption made Zachariah laugh more. Deciding to not draw it out any more Zachariah stopped himself from laughing more. "Honestly don't worry about it too much. My sister is as harmless as her furry little cat." Zachariah smiled. "I don't think there are any rats in the dungeons otherwise my sister would have complained about them." Zachariah hoped he wasn't being too vague and the Parker understood his reference to his sister being the slimy monster.

Zachariah had no Idea where Parker was talking about. Maybe it was because he had never been to the muggle world or looked at any maps. "I moved to New Zealand to stay with my godfather a few years back so I'm close enough to Hogwarts." Zachariah said. Playing instruments was not really his thing in all fairness. He had been taking piano lessons when he was 6 but never actually got passed the first one. He liked the energy Parker gave off when talking about it though. It was like how he felt about Quidditch. "Well, I used to play the piano. I'm not very good at it. I only messed around because I prefer to play Quidditch. I can't play yet but next year I'll be sure to get on the team and I'm going to become the captain one day. Then I'm going to go pro and be the best player out there." Zachariah grinned at the thought. He hadn't realised that he rambled on about it. He hadn't realised because talking to Parker was just that easy. Not many people were easy to talk to.

Parker looked at him with shock. "Seriously? Sister? By now I was expecting anything, literally anything, but only not a sister and a cat." at first he was kinda confused and then he just started to laugh. He understood how strongly Zachariah was attached to his sister and him adressin her as a slimy monster, just made Parker laugh. "That's a good news, I dislike ca-no not cats, rats even on pictures. Little filthy Ratatouille," he shook himself on in disgust, nor was he excited about rats, but he still did it with smile. Something had snapped in him that he was smiling all the time, except when he was frowning, laughing or confused.

"So you're not native? Where are you from then?" he was actually interested in that, not asking just to keep conversation going, it was going pretty well even without them really trying hard to keep it alive. "Yeah, it's really important if you really want to do that. Who would be good at something they hate to do? Nerds only, except if that's not something they just have to do." he was so into music only because he loved that himself, it was totally his choice. If his parents chose his hobby, he would play soccer or basketball. "At this point I'm very happy that Quidditch is something I have already read about, but you know what? I am sure that you will be captain and that you will start journey of wins for your house." he stated with sheepish smile at Zach. He loved to see him so passionated about Quidditch, he already found Zach's soft space. "By the way, if we are talking about Quidditch. Is there any position that has the biggest chance of getting captains badge?" not like he was going to join Slytherin's team, they surely were better without him. He just was interested.

Zachariah frowned a bit confused. "Ratatouille?" Zachariah asked not understand what Parker had meant. He figured it was some muggle thing maybe. Zachariah shrugged not really all that interested in it.

"No I was born in England." Zachariah admitted freely. It's not like it was something to hide or be ashamed of. Most of his memories were made in New Zealand anyway. Where you were born has no effect on where you live. At least that's what he told himself.

Zachariah was pleased with the positive response from Parker. He smiled as acknowledgement to the bolster Parker showed. "Nope. Captain isn't about which position you play. It's about leading the team. Knowing the game. Knowing how each position works. Knowing your opponent, strengths and weaknesses. Using that knowledge to come up with strategies to win games. Looking after your teammates and most importantly being likeable enough to get votes for captain." Zachariah beamed. He could talk about quidditch for hours and not get bored.

At first Parker didn't understand what was the problem with Ratatouille and then even Parker understood what was the problem with that. "Muggles have a cartoon about rat named Ratatouille who is professional at cooking. I swear, it's not that awful as it sounds," Parker smiled at Zachariah. That cartoon wasn't bad, it just had rats and it was one of those animals that was scared of.

"That's cool! Muggles have a lot of movies that are filmed in England. It's such a beautiful place," Parker loved movies a lot and somehow he was sure that Zachariah would love too. He wasn't sure that other boy had seen any muggle movie before.

"Oh, alright, so no preference. Wait votes to become a captain? They are voted in? Not choosed by coach?" in muggle sports captains were mostly chosen by adults that trained them, unless it was just a game without thinking about tehnique, strategies or something like that. "So you count yourself as a team player?" Parker thought that Zach is more indepent, he surely would be leader in any team. "You give off total leader energy, that's why I asked that." he fastly added, explaining himself was something Parker was used to do.

Zachariah shook his head at the idea of a rat cooking food. It was absolutely crazy. Of course, Zachariah had no idea what Parker was talking about anyway because it was some muggle contraption. Zachariah didn't show his confusion though. He smiled and nodded like he understood but was just hoping to get past the topic of muggle things he had no intention of understanding. "I suppose it is beautiful." Zachariah said thinking about the pictures he had seen.

Zachariah laughed a bit at Parker's surprise. "Yeah, the team votes for the captain. The captain is the coach. They teach newer members about the positions and they choose who gets to join the team. Of course, you have to understand the game. You could even try out if you knew nothing but I think knowing how things work gives the players an edge." Zachariah had to think a bit about his next answer. He didn't really consider himself a team player but if that meant getting what he wanted then he was all for it. "Not really actually. I usually prefer to do things on my own, but, for Quidditch, you have to work with a team. So I guess you could say that I'm well versed. I can adapt easily to different situations." Zachariah said proudly. It was one of his most valued traits.

Parker easily smiled when he actually thought that Zachariah understood, at least hoped that he understood. And then he nodded at what Zach said, Parker loved to watch pictures from places he's never been to and probably won't even visit.

This time Parker nodded to look like he understood. He still had big holes in that, how did it come that captains who weren't even grown up were also coaches? "Quidditch sounds good, but I surely won't try out. I love to stay with my feets on the ground, I can enjoy it from stands. But you have to try-out! Don't skip any chance. Actually, is there any profession with flying except professors?" he raised eyebrow in interest. He read about Quidditch, but he thought that it was played only in schools. "Lucky you with being flexible. Have you ever played any other team game? Soccer? Basketball?" Parker understood that Zachariah knows about muggle world as much as Parker about magic world, in this situation they were similar, but in the opposite worlds. So Parker was kinda nervous to ask about those sports, did magical kids have these games or they were only in muggle world?

Zachariah was pleased to hear that Parker thought Quidditch was cool. He wasn't expecting Parker to want to play the game and most people did prefer to stay on the ground. "You can watch from the stands as long as you cheer me on when I'm on the field. Yeah, I am definitely going to try out when I'd allowed." Zachariah said easily with a smile. Zachariah almost laughed at Parker's question. "Yeah. You can go on to be a professional Quidditch player. That's my end goal." Zachariah smiled. He could talk about Quidditch non-stop. Especially explaining the game he loved to someone else with the hopes of making them live it too. That's one thing that always made Zachariah happy. Zachariah tilted his head to the side with a frown in confusion at Parker's question. "What is s... soccer? And Basketball? Do you have to catch balls with a basket of some sort?" Zachariah asked. It seemed like a reasonable assumption for the name but it made no sense.

"Don't worry I surely will! Even if Slytherin will play, it's not like I know anyone from there, except my roommates, so go Zach!" Parker said last part more loudly and then laughed, and widely smiled at Zach. "So you're not allowed to try out? That's kinda unfair," he frowned a bit and then lightly shrugged his shoulders. It wasn't fair, at least while he didn't know why. "Alright, professional Quidditch player. Makes sense, like with every sport in muggle world." he fastly nodded. "Do you need any special education for that or it's not required?" in muggle world most of the soccer plays had bachelor's degree or master's degree and other ones had high school diploma, but what was required in magic world? But currently he surely was into learning about Quidditch and watching it seemed pretty interesting thing to do. Parker couldn't help himself, but smile as he asked about soccer, it was cute, they introduced each other to new things, Parker found it really cool. "Soccer and Basketball are mostly the same Quidditch only without brooms and golden snitch. They have only one ball and in soccer you play game with legs, like literally you can't touch ball with hands, except for goalkeeper, he can touch ball even with hands. And you have to make it through the gates. And in basketball you play with hands and have to score by tossing the ball and you have to make it through the basket. No playing or catching with baskets, it kinda more sounds like lacrosse." Parker would never admit that again, but the only sport where he was good at was lacrosse and he was in his school lacrosse team, but he decided to forget about that now when he was in Hogwarts. There was no lacrosse. He smiled at Zach and nodded as approving what he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back