Petals and teardrops...

Poppy Jones

Wand
N/A
Poppy had just recently been hired in her new job. An MI6 agent. It had been her ambition all her life to go and work for something that did good, and had a good pay. Being in MI6 involved going to different countries, and being British, she was given the opportunity to go to New Zealand and support their government as a representative. She stopped by at an open-all-night cafe, after getting the train to Auckland, and she sat down, waiting for the maid to come and take her order, she was dying for a coffee.

Being a woman that was very aware of her surroundings - she saw a another woman looking at her she came in. Poppy believed her to be looking quite lonely, so standing up, she walked over to the table where the woman is. She held out her hand and smiled "Poppy Jones, i'v just transferred for work from the UK." She smiled.

Poppy grinned, and sat down at the chair opposite Artemis. "Well. I was going to ask if you knew these parts. But guess not." She said with a little disappointment. A couple of seconds later, once Poppy had settled down the waitress arrived and asked her what Poppy'd like. "Can I just have a large cappuccino, please? Two sugars. Thank you." She added, looking up from her chair at the waitress, she walked off. "So. What made you move to New Zealand then, Artemis?" She asked.

Artemis didn't like talking about what had made her move. "my son died at five and then a month ago my husband killed himself." she said.

Poppy was expecting something along the lines of getting some peace and quiet, or maybe just not moving it all, and just staying for a while. She listened to Artermis in great sorrow, that woman had lost everything. "I am so, so sorry. If I had known, I wouldn't have asked." She said, feeling very deep sympathy for the woman. Soon after the waitress arrived with Poppy's large cappucino, Poppy stirred it and took out her mobile phone from her bag.

Artemis was surprised. "it's nothing i moved so the memories won't haunt me and your cell phone is ringing." she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back