Perthro Manor 2 - A Guest for Dinner

"Stupid girl," Loki sneered as Patricia missed the teacup. When she held it out to him, he made to snatch it from her with a look of disgust, but let it drop to the floor. "Pathetic. I hope dinner goes better than this." He stood up, glaring at her. "I've said it before, Leo, and I'll say it again, we made a poor choice when we decided your engagement to this woman. She's filth."
<i></i>

"I couldn't agree more, father," said Leonardo, also standing up. "The dining room is right this way. Come, children!" His voice was stern when he spoke to the two youngsters. He didn't even look at Patricia.
<i></i>

Patricia wanted to cry, but she told herself that she couldn't. Not in front of the kids. Not just before the family dinner. And she tried really hard, honest, but she couldn't help the sob escaping from her lips, just as Leonardo and Loki vanished through the door.

She covered her face with her fingers, shaking, for a moment, before composing herself. She stood up, he face white, but dried her tears. She cast a quick spell to fix up her eyeliner.

"Come on then, girls. We shouldn't keep your grandfather waiting, Athene." He voice was faint. Weak.
<i></i>

"Mother, are you..." Alright? Of course she wasn't. Athene trailed off, looking at her mother with concern, and biting her lower lip in fear. "I'm so sorry," she whispered to Bellatrix. You shouldn't have had to see that. You shouldn't even have to see him..."

She grabbed Bella's hand and hurried up to her mother, and smiled weakly at her, before following her through the door and into the dining room.
<i></i>

"Bastard..." Bellatrix murmured at his crude comment about her parents. How dare he. Though she let her anger settle as the yearn for revenge and the chance to prove him wrong. She was also more angry at her self for choosing poor words. Upon seeing Patricia lightly sob she felt more compelled to put this man in his place. She gave the woman a small smile for she was not good at comforting things such as this. Then looking at Athene she quickly hurried in.

ooc: Feel free to God Mod where she sits etc.

Loki took out his wand, and smiled at the small family. "Shall we begin?" And on the word 'begin' he tapped his wand three times on the table. It was obvious that he had done this before, because five bowls of soup rose out from the tables, much like they did at Hogwarts. Only, with them came the spoons, wine glasses filled with wine, napkins and the salt and pepper. An assortment of breads and cheeses also appeared on a side plate next to every dish.

Loki put the spoon to his mouth, and tasted. It wasn't bad. He nodded approvingly at his son.
<i></i>

Athene ate the soup without tasting it in silence, waiting for something to go wrong.
<i></i>

Loki regarded Bellatrix, and noticed that she hadn't started eating. He set down his fork. "Not going to eat the first course, Miss Green? How rude." He smirked, and had he not been at the table, would have punished her most severely. He also hesitated because he found the small girl interesting. He wanted to wait a while before breaking her.
"Tell me, for we never finished our conversation earlier, do you have any proof of your parents being pure?"
<i></i>

Bellatrix's sharp cold eyes flickered up to Loki at the very instant of his first words. She had a sort of pleased sneer upon her face, knowing that he would respond in this manor. "Only the red blood that runs in my veins! Would you like to see? I know I am pure, and I have family tree's to prove it, besides as an esteemed Death Eater of my age, what other reason would they have considered me so early. And the Greatest of the Lestranges, and Blacks would not even associate with any lesser scum, though we were the greatest of family friends. Thus I am pure...what more proof do you want?" she said this all proudly, yet also in a harsh snapping tone to Loki.

"I don't believe you," Loki replied simply, his lips turning upwards into a somewhat evil smile. "But I wouldn't mind, uh, examining your blood. Just to make sure." His smile grew, and he turned to Patricia.
"My dear daughter in law, do you make a habit of inviting such foul creatures into my house?" He tutted. "I think I'm going to have to do something about Miss Green here, don't you agree? She's terribly rude." He took out his wand, and pointed it at Bella.
<i></i>

Patricia squeaked slightly. "P-perhaps we should, urm, move onto the second course?" She suggested, weakly. Not sure what else she could do.
<i></i>

Athene looked at Bella pleadingly. Her Grandfather was not someone to mess with, and at the rate Bella was going, Loki wouldn't hesitate to kill her.
<i></i>

Loki's lips twitched, and he laughed softly. "Is that so?" he asked, lowering his wand. "Then you shouldn't mind a year in the family dungeons?" He grinned and lent forward and waved his wand silently. A huge boa constrictor erupted from it and bound itself around Bella, knocking her soup to the floor with a loud SMASH.
<i></i>

"You can't!" Athene exclaimed, before clapping her hands to her mouth. Her eyes were wide and fearful. The family dungeons were cold and dark, and hadn't been used in years. Poisonous snakes and spiders had made their home there, and the place was guarded with ancient but dark magic. Spending a year there would be hell, Athene thought. Worse than death. But now that Loki had said it, he wouldn't change his mind. Oh, what were they going to do?
<i></i>

"Oh please..." she said letting the snakes grip tighten around her. Through small gasped breaths but showing no fear, but actually curiosity and enjoyment of the situation. "I-Is that all you can do? I would have preferred any amount of spells....p-pitiful....y-you can't even d-do that much..." she finished letting out a breathy cackle.

Loki smiled. This girl was interesting, to say the least. He turned to his granddaughter, Athene. "Athene, I think we need to teach your friend some manners. And I think that you need to learn not to tell me what to do." He gave her a nasty smile. "Use the Crutiatus Curse on her," he demanded. <i></i>

Athene shrunk back. "I... I can't," she whispered. It wasn't that she couldn't use the spell, as she knew full well that she could. But she knew that she couldn't use it on Bella.
<i></i>

"You can and you will." Loki's grin grew. "And if you don't, I'll kill her." He put his wand against Bella's head. "You have till three. One -"
<i></i>

Athene looked at Bella, terrified. What was she going to do? She couldn't torture her best friend... she just couldn't. But, if she didn't, Loki would kill her. "Please don't make me do this," she whispered.
<i></i>

"Two -" said Loki. He narrowed his eyes at Athene. Was the girl really this weak? How had his son, his Leonardo, raised such a pathetic child?
<i></i>

"Bella..." Forgive me. She raised her wand in shaking fingers. She'd have to do it. It was either that or watch her die. Her hand shook. Could she do it?

"I can't," she croaked, barely audible. And then feirce and sudden rage took over, and she spun on Loki. "And I won't!" she cried, pointing her wand at him. "Cru-"
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back