OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Larch Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Desislav stabbed at his meat, uncharacteristically angry for this time of day. Classes were over for him for the day, and that was usually enough to put him in a cheery mood. But Desi had caught sight of Orwell on his way to the Great Hall, and that awful feeling of shame had filled him again. He'd stomped to his seat and begun shoveling food in, not bothering with any pranks or any jokes. Time had not lessened the blow, or if it had, being back in this room had hit him with full force. He even drank his water down angrily, failing to realize that he was drinking the tasteless drink that he usually otherwise avoided.

He continued that way all through his meal, finally shoving his plate away. The Gryffindor debated the merits of heading to the common room. Rising from his seat, he began to make his way from the table.

Kayleigh had spent most of her holidays confused and upset. She knew it was all her fault; she totally understood why Orwell broke up with her. What she had done was wrong and cruel and she couldn't expect him to forgive her. But it sucked, now she didn't even have Desislav to talk to or hang out with. Which was something Kayleigh realized she needed to fix; she needed her best friend.
Kayleigh headed up to the Great Hall, hoping to find Des there - if he was eating, he'd probably be a bit more tolerant of her. The blonde saw him rising from his seat, but hoping that a full tummy would still make him calm, she moved swiftly towards him. "Des - can we talk?" She asked, trying to keep her voice light to show she meant no harm.

The Gryffindor didn't have to turn his head to know who was speaking to him. He'd heard that voice for years and years, and in spite of their getting older and their voices changing, he recognized it easily. "Nope" Desi replied, continuing to walk on and hoping that Kayleigh wouldn't follow him. He'd been expecting to run into her at some point, but he certainly wasn't in the mood for her today. There was too much they needed to talk about, which made Desi not want to talk about any of it. He kept at the same casual pace as he headed straight for the doors.

Desislav's reply hit Kayleigh in the stomach. She stood rooted on the spot for a moment, never had she been rejected from Des before. He was being completely unreasonable, and had no reason to actually be angry at her. Kayleigh narrowed her eyes and stormed forward, catching up to him quickly and grabbing his arm, tucking at it and trying to turn him around. "Why the hell not?! Stop being so damn rude." She scolded. Kayleigh didn't want Des to be angry with her, she hated it and hated not talking to him, but she wasn't going to let him be rude to her.

Desi was pretty sure that he could just keep walking and she wouldn't be able to hold him in place, but he allowed himself to be turned around, a cool expression on his face to counteract her very angry one. "First of all, stop cursing at me" he admonished as he pulled his arm gently from her grip. "Second of all, because I don't want to, Kayleigh" he continued, and then finished with, "and you're one to talk about people being rude" he added, his arms crossing against his chest. He thought he'd been doing Kayleigh a favor by trying to walk away from her, but if she wanted to have at it, then she'd get it.

Kayleigh started at Desislav, her eyes still narrowed as he pulled from her grip. She let her hand drop to her side as he stated that he didn't want to talk to her, and though she didn't often cry, that statement hurt. As he finished, Kayleigh's mouth opened slightly. She had to calm herself, knowing that using expletives wouldn't help especially since he just told her off for it. The blonde took a breath, still staring at Des. "How am I being rude Desislav? I'm the one that came to talk to you - you're the one that stormed away." Like a child! She added in her head. It had been awhile since she'd called him by his first name and not nickname - in fact the last time was when they were also fighting. But at the moment, she felt he didn't deserve his nickname. Nicknames were for people that you liked.

Desislav hated arguing, but he was really mad at Kayleigh. She hadn't been a good friend to him at the Yule ball. But, hearing her call him by his full name finally caused him to pause. She never did that. He hated when she did that. "Not nooooow. Do I really have to spell this out?" he replied, frustrated with her. "The Yule ball? You using me to make your boyfriend jealous? Ring a bell?" he rolled his eyes as he dropped his hands to his pocket and glanced away. "It was rude, Kayleigh, to me and to Orwell" he finished. Desi didn't really care about Orwell all that much, but he'd been embarrassed by what had happened that night, not wanting people to think he was the kind of guy to move in on another guy's girl. He wasn't, but it would be kind of hard to believe based on what had happened.

Kayleigh raised her eyebrows expectantly when Des asked if he had to spell it out. There was obviously something more bothering him, though she didn't think anyone would have reacted so badly over being kissed. Her eyebrows softened though, when she heard what Desislav had to say. He had it completely wrong. She hadn't planned on kissing him - she definitely wasn't using him but Kayleigh could see how he would think that. The blonde kept her eyes on Desislav, though he was looking away. "I know what I did wasn't right. But - it wasn't planned Des, I didn't use you." She said softly. "I didn't mean for it to happen - it just, did. Is that why you're angry with me? You think I would do something like that to you?" Kayleigh asked.

Desi was glad that Kayleigh didn't deny it was wrong because if she couldn't admit that much, he didn't think this conversation needed to continue. He dropped his gaze to the floor as she continued, though he was no longer on the verge of leaving. The more she spoke, the more Desi believed what she was saying. Did he really think that Kayleigh, his best friend, would use him like that? The Gryffindor shrugged, but his expression was full of chagrin. "I...I guess not" he stated quietly. He definitely wasn't going to admit that after the kiss, he'd thought of her more as a Slytherin than as his friend, a Slytherin who'd do whatever to get what she wanted. He was definitely as ashamed of that thought as he was about what had happened. "Sorry" he mumbled, "It was just really confusing. I thought I was being a good friend taking you to the stupid ball, and then you were kissing me and then Orwell was there. It was all just a bit...I dunno." He shrugged again.

Desislav's reply told Kayleigh that he had thought she had been using him, but she was glad that he'd come to his senses. She nodded, easily forgiving him when he apologized. She didn't really think he needed to, though she was upset that he'd think she'd treat him that way. Kayleigh nodded her head at the next statement as well, she was incredibly confused as well, but as far as she knew, Des was definitely just a friend and she was just caught up in the moment. "I know. You were being a good friend, and you are a good friend Des. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done it." Kayleigh replied, also with a shrug. "Are we good now?" She asked, hoping that they'd be fine so that they could start looking for the secret room. She needed her friend back and she needed something to occupy her mind.

Desi listened to Kayleigh apologize, feeling bad that he'd spent so much time working up anger towards her. They were supposed to be best friends. He didn't know why it had bothered him so much. Usually, nothing did, and even his mother had pointed out that he was uncharacteristically upset by this when he'd finally broken down and told her about it. As Kayleigh asked if they were good, Desi gave a swift nod. "Yes" he replied. After a beat, he added, "You still owe me something one day, and it's not going to be searching for the room because we were going to keep doing that anyway, right?" he finished gingerly, hoping that she still wanted to find the room they'd obsessed over for the longest time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back