Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Tilly)
Wand
Vine Wand, 11 ¼ in, Acromantula Web Core
Seraphina was tired of her peppy roommates already. The long discussion about redecorating their entire dorm room had left the Gryffindor wanting to tear down everyone's curtains all together and throw them out the tower windows. She even thought about setting them on fire so the preppy decorations would be out of her sight, but she thought it was rather drastic. Instead, she made her way to the student lounge, hoping it wasn't too occupied. She didn't want it to be completely empty, as she wanted to do her usual people watching, but she didn't want it to be bustling where she couldn't focus. She always hated the fact that she didn't have any hobbies, but she didn't really like anything she tried. Maybe it's becasue she was always doing things by herself, or maybe it was becasue everytime she found something she remotely enjoyed, her mother ruined it. She found a seat in a corner of the lounge away from the small groups, and pulled her knees up to her chest, resting her chin in the perfect pocket they created. A few strands of hair framed her face as her messy bun started to come apart, and Seraphina eyed a group of third years playing wizard's chess.

As far as Jenna was concerned, this castle was way too big. She kept getting lost and wandering into random classrooms when she was looking for things, and as glad as she was to be in the same house as her brothers, the dungeons were a nasty place to live. She was relieved when she managed to find a cute lounge space that seemed to be open for everyone, as it meant she wouldn't have to spend much time in the barfy dungeon or around her loser roommates. She settled in a seat near the corner, trying to gauge if there was anyone in this room worth talking to. Some boys talking about... whatever sports thing, no. A group of losers playing chess.... ew. Jenna noticed she wasn't the only one looking at the chess game though, glancing at the girl sitting in the corner near her. She looked pretty withdrawn, but Jenna figured it was at least worth a try. "Imagine wanting to advertise you're a loser so badly you play chess in public." She laughed, leaning closer to the other girl. "I'm Jenna, are you new here too?"

Seraphina was staring off into space when she heard a voice near by and side-eyed the girl speaking to her. The girl was right. Chess was pretty lame, but maybe she wouldn't think it was lame if she knew the rules. Nope. It's still lame, she thought to herself. The girl introducing herself as Jenna seem to be a self-proclaimed first year and happy about it, which Seraphina found weird seeing as she did not miss being the new kid. "No, I'm not new," she said matter-of-factly and looked at the girl. "I'm Seraphina." She looked back at the kids playing chess and scoffed. "Board games aren't even fun anyway," she said to the girl gesturing towards the table as she watched one of the pieces get shattered rather violently.

Jenna knew her people when she saw them, and she was pleased to see this girl clearly shared her attitude. Her being older had both pros and cons - making older friends would make Jenna seem more mature and open up more of the school to her, but it did mean there would be a possibility for power struggles, something Jenna wasn't going to tolerate. She was queen bee, and she had no trouble asserting it. "Aww, Seraphina! That's such a pretty name!" She said cheerfully, and giggled at the older girl's comment about board games. "Totally, what a waste of time." She scooted closer and tucked her feet up into her seat, leaning over to touch Seraphina's hair lightly. "Your hair is gorgeous, what potions do you use on it? My mum sells cosmetic potions, but I've never been able to get my hair so full like that!" She commented cheerfully, stroking the older girl's hair softly.

Seraphina raised her eyebrows when the girl commented on her name. No one ever commented positively on her name or really commented in general. She thought people thought it was weird, and to be honest, she agreed. Naming one child after fire or the other after a goddess (which irritated Seraphina to no end) just seemed elitess in the worst way. She flinched when the girl started to pet her like a dog. Who did this girl think she was? Even if she was giving her a compliment. "Uhh, thanks, but don't pet me," she said uncomfortabley to the girl. She wasn't a big fan of being touched in the first place and thought it was weird she would just come in here and do that. For a second, she had seemed normal. "My hair is just naturally like this, I guess," she commented, as she was not one to use make-up or a lot of product. Maybe it was the disdain for her mother's vain efforts that turned her off of the stuff, but it was not something she desired. She eyed the girl and then frowned. "Do you normally go up to strangers and just touch them?" she asked with a gentle scoff.

Jenna had to fight not to roll her eyes when Seraphina told her not to pet her, giving the older girl a saccharine smile. "Awww, but your hair is so soft!" She said warmly, smiling when Seraphina said she didn't do anything to it. "And it's just natural?! You're soooooo lucky! I would love to give you a cute hairdo or something some time, style it up all pretty!" Jenna beamed, giggling at Seraphina's next comment. "Not usually, but most people don't have such pretty lush hair!" She said brightly. "For real you have to let me give you a makeover some time, you're so pretty!"

Seraphina wasn't sure how to take all the compliments Jenna was providing her. She didn't take much pride in her appearance so it wasn't like she worked hard to have soft hair. But if she did have naturally soft hair, it was kind of a one up on her mom who spent way too much money on products to make herself look young and beautiful. She was hoping her age would catch up with her soon, but she figured it was a pipe dream since they had access to magic. She thought for a moment about Jenna's offer and shrugged. "I guess you can if you want. Maybe just the hair first," she suggested, rather unsure about the idea of wearing any make-up. "Why are you being so nice?" she said quickly after. She wasn't used to people just offering to spend time with her and wasn't sure what to make of the girl.

Jenna's smile brightened when Seraphina agreed to let her do her hair, brushing her own hair back off her shoulder. "Awesome! I'm totally amazing with hair, it'll be super fun!" She said brightly, already imagining the kind of elaborate and beautiful hairdos she could do with hair as thick as Seraphina's. She tilted her head slightly when Seraphina asked why she was being nice, smile softening. "Well, 'cause I wanna make friends!" Jenna said lightly, giving Seraphina a gentle, playful shove. She then leaned in, lowering her voice so only the older girl would hear her. "For real, this school is kinda full of losers. Us cool people gotta stick together, right?" She leaned back, grinning cheerfully. "Yay! You can totally do my hair too, if you want, I've got all kinds of cool hair potions and stuff my mum makes."

Seraphina was still unsure about Jenna. She was very upbeat, which was not really the girl's scene or general demeanor. She quickly looked at the girl when she gave her a push, raising her eyebrows at the friend comment, until she stated the very true thought the school was full of losers. Seraphina had known that to be true since she arrived, but very few people, if any, had agreed with her up to that point. She was surprised to be called "cool," though, a word she had never used to describe herself ever. She turned to Jenna and then looked down at the ground before her next comment, feeling somewhat vulnerable but also wanting to tell the girl the truth. "I don't know how," she muttered. "I've... I've never done anyone's hair before." It was something she had always avoided, and besides using a brush and maybe a hair tie, she wouldn't know the first place to begin. She knew her mom had all the potions and sprays and tools, but to her, they could have come from aliens.

Jenna gave Seraphina a sympathetic smile, gently touching the other girl's arm. "Awww, it's okay!" She said reassuringly, smiling brightly. "I can totally teach you! My mum makes all these cool cosmetic potions, she taught me how to be totally awesome at hair and makeup and stuff. It's really not that hard." Jenna smiled brightly, tilting her head curiously. "If you don't do hair and makeup and stuff, what stuff do you like to do?" She asked curiously, giving Seraphina a cheerful smile.

Seraphina was taken aback when the girl touched her again. Her mom wasn't very huggy, and she had grown up learning how to live without that. It wasn't that it completely bothered her, seeing as Jenna was pretty much still a stranger, but it just was different. She wasn't sure if Jenna would think it was weird to ask how exactly to do something simple - like a plait or even a bun. She knew what basic make-up terms were like mascara or lipstick, but she didn't know the correct way to apply them. At the same time, she was 12 and had plenty of years to learn if she ever became interested.

Unsure of how to answer the question about her hobbies, the Gryffindor tried not to make a weird face. She didn't really have hobbies. Most of the time she people watched and just kind of kept to herself. Nothing really excited her. There was only one thing she could admit she actively enjoyed, but even that was something she could be impartial about. "I like listening to music," she said in an almost questioning tone. She was sure the music she listened to was not something Jenna would be interested in and hoped the girl would just drop the subject. "What do you like to do besides hair?"

Jenna hadn't really known what kind of hobbies to expect Seraphina to have, but she nodded quickly when the other girl spoke. "Aw, cute! What kind of music?" She asked, smiling. She hoped it wasn't something weird and gross like opera or country or whatever. Jenna shrugged when Seraphina asked her about hobbies, brushing a lock of her own hair back. "Well I kinda do music stuff too, my parents make me take piano classes but, like, blah, whatever. I totally love horses though, do you like horses? They're sooooooo cool, I go riding, like, all the time, we've got a few horses back at the farm. They're totally cute, it's awesome." She beamed, thinking fondly of the horses she had left back at home. Going months without seeing them was definitely going to be the hardest part of life at Hogwarts.

Seraphina thought about what kind of music she listened to. Mostly, whatever was on the radio or what she heard in the backgrounds of shops was all she spent time actually focusing on. She didn't quite understand what a music genre was and just shrugged. "Just a little bit of everything, I guess." It seemed like a good cover for her general lack of interest in most things. She was surprised that Jenna started talking about horses. Animals were not something she had a lot of experience with. "You live on a farm?" she asked curiously. She didn't know anyone who lived in the country, but that's probably because she didn't get out much.

Seraphina's answer was a bit disappointing, but Jenna didn't really care enough about music to ask any more. Piano lessons had always been her mum's idea, and she wasn't exactly that keen on the whole subject. She was much happier to talk about herself, laughing and nodding at Seraphina's surprise. "Yeah! It's awesome though, not like, a gross farm or whatever. Mostly my dad just rents the fields out to dairy farmers or whoever, we only actually use one field ourselves, and that's for horses. They're so pretty and cute! Do you like horses?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back