peaceful yet unsettling

Pearl Firn

OOC First Name
Sammy
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Pearl walked down to the forbiden forest. It had been a slow day and the other nurse was on duty so Pearl didn't see any harm in going to the forest to get some fresh air. The forest was such a peaceful place, hopefuly no centaurs would come and ruin it for her. Pearl was busy looking for medical herbs that could be used for healing potions. Once she was in the middle of the forest nothing was to be heard. No wind, no birds, no creatures stalking through the trees. It was a bit unsettling, as if the whole forest was holding its breath.

Remus came flying down on his broom, it seemed he was in quite a rush as he fell from his broom onto the floor and his broom vanished as if to be heading somewhere. He landed to the floor with a thud and rolled down a steep hill before coming to an abrupt halt on a old tree. He got up slowly, looking around to see Pearl just ahead, he had hopped she didn't see his little crash landing as he brushed himself off and jogged on over to her, "Hey Hun." he smiled as he chuckled kissing her gently on the cheek.

Pearl was just about to start heading back to the castle when she heard a crash. Her head whiped around and she couldn't help but laugh as she watched Remus roll down the hill. She wa still laughing a little when Remus came over and gave her a kiss on the cheek, "hey sweetie, you okay?" she asked.

He looked slightly nervous as she laughed at him, as he chuckled slightly as well, he wand was in his hand but he holstered it in time so that she did not notice. "So How've you been and why are you in here?" he asked with a brief smile to her.

Pearl noticed Remus looked a little nervuos but decided not to coment, "I've been okay, and I'm here cause I wanted some fresh air and Arisa's always talking about how much she loves this place" she said before looking down to her feet. "Arisa told me she met you, I'm sorry. She can be a little protective, which is kinda silly considering I'm the mother" Pearl added looking up at Remus her blue eyes looking him over. "Remus I was wondering..... have you been having nightmares or something? You always seem to be tired" Pearl asked with a concerned look.

Remus chuckled to her for a moment before realizing she was actually serious, "Night Mares... No?" he said to her, in some what of a questioning tone, "Just late nights i guess." he smiled and stretched his arms up for a moment, when his broom came speeding back in his direction, "Crap!" he yelled as it came at supreme speed toward him, he turned and raised his hand at it 'Aresto Momentum' he cast non-verbally and wandlessly as the broom came to a halt, and he grappled it and held it in his left hand, "About time... This think was malfunctioning" he chuckled, to himself, "I'll be taking my new one from now on."

"well thats good, although to many late nights can be bad for your health" Pearl said in a tone that only a nurse can use with out sounding stupid. Pearl jumped a little as the broom came speeding towards them, "god I hate those things," she mumbled. "you never know whats going to happen, so many kids come in with broken bones from falling off them" she added. That was her excuse anyways. Pearl just wasn't going to admit she was scared of heights. "good, that one seems lethal" Pearl said when Remus said hed be using his new one from now on.

Remus chuckled, "Yes well its not a nice broom, never greets me." he joked with a cocky grin on his face as he looked at Pearl and dropped the broom onto the floor Gently as he took one knee slowly, and revealed a small jewelery box from his pocket and opened it to show a stunning ring. "Pearl Kanti, Will you marry me..." he smiled to her with a brief feeling of nervousness in his stomach, he didn't want to rush into things but he loved her and that was that.

Pearl rolled her eyes at Remus and his cocky grin. Just then Remus droped his broom and got down on one knee. no, this can't be happening, its only been a month, hes crazy she thought frantcily. But sure enough, out came a ring, a beautiful ring, but still.

"Pearl Kanti, Will you marry me?..."

Pearl heard the words but she didn't want to believe it. One half of her wanted so bad to just scream yes and be Mrs Remus Firn. The other half was telling her how crazy all this was. Could they really make it work after one month? Pearl doubted it. "Re-Remus, its only been a month" Pearl finally said in a shaky voice. "my family dosn't even know I'm dating anyone, I can't just come home one day with a fiancée," Pearl added. "My son, hes still very scared of older men, I can't just force someone like that into his life with no warning." Pearl felt like she was going to be sick. She didn't believe she would ever be saying no to Remus if he asked her to marry him, but here it was. "I'm so, so sorry, but if you really love me, then please, can we wait a bit?"

Remus' spirits dropped he looked at her as he dropped the ring off to the side and allowed it to roll down the hill and fall into a near by puddle. He stood up looking at her, before picking his broom up and walking off to the opposite direction, casting his broom hard into the tree, snapping it in half and then through it off to the side. He paced off quickly, he knew she would say no but he asked any way. He now began to stop and looked back at Pearl, "I..." he didn't know what to say, so continued walking off, God Help me h thought to himself.

Pearl felt tears begin to fall out of her blue eyes as Remus walked off, "I love you" she whispered. She wanted to chase after him so bad, but she knew she was right. Her family came first, and she was only thinking of them, no matter how much it hurt. She waited till Remus was out of view till she broke down in sobs. She wouldn't let him see her like this. "I hate myself" she managed to say.

Remus barged through the halls of the school, and ripped one of the paintings of the walls as it fell down the stairs and he advanced toward his office slamming the door shut. He removed his flintlock pistol, loading, and emptying it for hours on end placing it to his head and removing it also repeating this; it was a strange way for one to think but it helped him, it kept him on edge and ready. "She loves me... Bull crap..." he hissed to himself looking at the flintlock pistol and cast it onto the table looking around his office, "Perhaps its time for Mister Firn to go back to Azkaban where he belongs." a voice said in his head.

Pearl cried for a while before standing up. If he wanted to be a baby like he was being and not work things out it was fine with her. She whiped her eyes and began walking down the hill, but not before stoping and picking up the ring from the ground. He would want it back. She walked back to the castle with an icy demeanour. Once she was back up into the Hospital wing she went strait to her office slaming and locking the door behind her.

Remus took the gun from the table and placed it firmly to his head as he looked at the ceiling for a moment, "Do it... Shoot yourself..." the voice in his mind went over and over again before Remus looked to the gun. He quickly placed it back to the table and took his hand away from it, and began to write a note;

Dear Kida,

I write this letter to you know due to the fact that I now know you were right, my feelings are stronger then anything that Pearl could feel. She doesn't love me as i her, so therefore it would be a one way relationship. I want you to keep the letter with you always so that you know how much i loved you... In my will everything i have is left to you, Good Bye and Good Luck.

~Loving Friend and Family, Remus Drafis Firn.

Remus Picked the Gun up and placed it firmly to his head and pulled the trigger, though an owl came knocking on his window ans startled him some what putting the aim of slightly, the bullet passed through the back of Remus' head missing the brain but ripped the bone some what. He fell to the floor and lay motionless as the noise echoed through the entire floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back