Patronus/Animagi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Just out of curiosity, your patronus and the animal you can change into if you are an animagi depend on your personality, but what happens if your personality changes? (become evil, stop being mean to people, etc) just wondering....

Hello there,

As this was more a FAQ than a suggestion I have split your post to the FAQ forum. :)
Your Animagus (the animal your character can change to if they master transfiguration) cannot change according to my knowledge of the novels. However, a character's patronus can change if something significant in their life changes. I would assume it to be excruciatingly rare, but we saw such an event in the character of Severus Snape so it could happen to others.
It shouldn't be as simple as becoming evil or ceasing to be mean. For Snape it was the loss of the one he loved and it was a sign of his eternal devotion to her.

I should say that is quite right. As I recall, Tonk's patronus changed to that of a werewolf after she fell in love with Lupin.

Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back