Passing By

Hakon Butterfield

OOC First Name
Clara
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Hakon Butterfield had to admit that he was beginning to enjoy being here in New Zealand a lot more than when he first arrived. When he had first arrived, Hakon had only come for one reason and one reason only and he was kind of shutting himself out from the rest of the world. Until he'd met a friend of course, and then he began to wonder whether there was something he could do with his life here. He knew his biological family was here, and they had sent another letter to Hakon telling him that they were to move to the country permanently. It was a nice gesture on their part, the man thought. He couldn't remember a single time where someone had been that inviting with him. Hakon had written back to them but so far, had received no response. Maybe the father - his father - was currently busy. Hakon put his hands in pockets, deep in thought as he entered a cafe. He still had the most recent letter with him, and he was holding it in his hand, which was in his pocket. The address was on there. Or well, not the precise address, but the area was.

Hakon approached someone who then gave him and table but he didn't order anything, instead he pulled out the letter once more and skimmed over it, unable to remain still. He was going to do it, before the end of the week. It was Thursday now and he'd do it in two days at the latest. Hakon spotted someone near his own table and he vaguely wondered whether the girl would know something. This cafe was near the area but that was as far as Hakon's knowledge went. He hesitated, but got up anyway after a minute and went over to the woman who looked around his own age. "Hi - I'm so sorry to bother. I was wondering, if you could show me where this is?" he pointed to the written address on the paper which included the street, without house number. He realised the street was on there as soon as he had asked. "I'm not from around here," he added just in case. He was hopeful that in fact she would know something and that she was from around here.
<i></i>

Despite how frequently her family droned on about New Zealand, she'd barely stepped foot in the area since she graduated. Her brother was attending Hogwarts along with a few of their cousins, but Lillith had more or less managed to escape talking to them unless it was deemed absolutely necessary. She was here for work though, and as she was sat in a café trying to keep herself looking conspicuous and blending in to the others in the room, she had more or less kept herself to herself. That was until a scrawny little man decided to come and talk to her. "What?" She said dryly, wishing he'd just go and ask someone else. It wasn't as though she knew the area better than him anyway, she hadn't lived there for years. She listened to his request, and after a few seconds and an over exaggerated sigh, she took the piece of paper from him, scanning the address with her eyes. At first she didn't recognise it, why should she? But on closer inspection she realised the name did ring a bell, and that she may of known someone that still lived on that street. "What is this? Who are you looking for?" She asked outright, handing him back the note, not giving away any information to this stranger in case he was looking for trouble.

When the woman opened her mouth to reply to Hakon, the twenty-four year old didn't like her tone - the way she acted. He understood that maybe asking a complete stranger about his biological family wasn't the smartest idea, as even if she did know them, why would she give Hakon information? He would have to tell her he wasn't a random guy trying to harm the Mackintosh family. But Hakon wasn't comfortable enough to share his personal details. "It's none of your business," he said cooly, the words out of his mouth before his thoughts processed what he said. "I mean..." he hesitated, glancing at the woman. "I'm looking for the Mackintosh's. I'm related to them, I just haven't seen them in a long time," he settled on that. If she wanted more information, she could ask. Hakon wasn't guaranteeing she'd get the full story, so she could be contented about that. If not, he'd ask someone else.

Lillith frowned at the mans response, "How do you not know where they live if you're related to them?" Truth be told, Lillith did know where this man could find them, but she was suspicious about his intentions and didn't feel like giving out the full address until she was satisfied. Of all members of the Kain family, Lillith was the one who was most doubtful about other people. She smirked when he mentioned it was none of her business, turning her attention back to her drink. He wouldn't be getting any information from her with that attitude. She knew Alex since they'd attended school together, but he was going to have to do better than that to convince the Quidditch player that it was worth giving up information about her friend. "Why are you trying to find them. Why now?" She asked, not looking up, but taking a sip of the beverage in front of her.

Hakon did not know how he could have thought this would have gone smoothly, or that he would have received a response as to where his biological family would be instantly, and he inwardly groaned when the woman was being difficult about it. "Because, I have never met them in person," he muttered, not really eager to tell a stranger the story of his life. "Look, I received the letter from them. They're my biological family," he said, still a little hesitant as he was unsure of whether he could trust her or not. "Do you know them at all?" he insisted. The man was not leaving until he had acquired more information than the little amount he already had. "Can we please just skip all of these personal questions? And I want to find them now, because it‘s about time I meet them," he said pointedly, stating the obvious. How much more did he have to convince the woman sitting in front of him until she finally gave in? He wasn't a fraud and if he was he wouldn't be wasting his time here right now. He would have found them by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back