Parenthood

Tobiah Djordjevic

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Flicking the cigarette as far as he could get it, Tobiah glanced down at the sliver of parchment in his hand. He was already late, second and third thoughts crossing his mind about what he was doing. Really, he wasn't sure that being in Moira's life was a good thing. Surely, she'd be better off just having things be as they always had. Tobiah still hadn't told his parents the result of the test, hadn't told them that they were grandparents. He'd left their home, his home, telling them he was bringing them back a surprise. Moira certainly counted as that.

Stuffing the paper into his pocket, the man apparated on the spot, hoping that Kylee lived in a wizarding area. Scotland was...damp, he quickly discovered. He hadn't thought to ask what sort of place this was with everything else that had gone on during the day that had changed his life. He knew that the results of the test meant little if he didn't show up today. He'd be making a statement if he didn't. He'd be making a different one if he did. Taking a deep breath, Tobiah suddenly felt like he wasn't getting enough air. He coughed, hand to his chest and massaged gently as he forced himself to calm.

It was just a weekend with a three, or was it four, year old? He couldn't recall. It couldn't be that bad. And once his mom got over her intial shock, he hoped she'd help. He was banking on it, actually. And with that thought, Tobiah realized he'd come to a decision. He planned on doing this. After getting turned around, Tobiah finally found the right place and knocked firmly on the door. He was nearly an hour late. Only, he told himself, reframing the thought in his mind. He leaned against the jamb, waiting for Kylee to come to the door.

(So let's pretend I did not forget this)

Moira was a hassle Kylee had to admit, but she loved her daughter and needed to get her completely prepared to meet her other grandparents. Moira was dressed her best, a beautiful blue sun dress and a straw hat over her wild mane of curls. The freckled faced woman looked down and felt tears on her face and she wiped at them. She hadn't really parted from her daughter's side in a while, not for more than a few hours while she worked her shifts. Kylee heard the tap on her door and straightened herself out. "Remember your please and thank yous baby. And if anything happens you'll owl me right? And i have a phone they can probably call." With her hand in her daughter's she opened the door.

"Tobiah." She spoke, after opening the door. Her tears were still evident from being wiped away. She held her daughters hand tightly and looked at him. "Should I give you the list of things she needs or would you like a run down? She's got a few things you should know, not that I think you won't be able to handle it i just... I'm sorry how are you?" Kylee started over asking the father of her child how he was.

Bracing himself for an onslaught from Kylee over his being an hour late, Tobiah was more than surprised when she opened the door with tears in her eyes. He knew easily enough that it had to do with him taking their daughter, but he had figured she'd be grateful for the respite especially since she'd complained about having done everything for Moira without his help. "List" he stated. Really, she should know better than to think that his memory would suffice in this instance.

Tobiah looked down at the little girl who was staring up at him. He waved his hand at her, giving her a wink before returning his attention back to her mum. "Better than you, it seems. Are you sure you're alright with this?" the man asked, knowing a second-guesser when he saw one.

The curly haired woman nodded when Tobiah stated he wanted a list. She figured he'd want one. It talked of her allergy it certain muggle medication if she got a headache - mainly naproxim) and what to do if she was having issues with her teeth (she had so many now that Kylee couldn't believe they all fit) and in the two pages there was nothing but loving information. No controlling bedtimes, no remarks on if she was grounded - only food information and medical information that Tobiah would need to know.

Moria's eyes were large as she stared up at her father and she smiled at him - not understanding her mother's need for tears. "I'm going to be okay. I've spent every day with this little koala bear for four years other than going to work - so it's just going to be weird. Also I'm slightly worried you might lose her, or she'll get hurt when with you. Sorry for not sparing your feelings but I barely know you so I know nothing of how you are with kids." Though Kylee had gotten to know Tobiah before sleeping with him, he left and Kylee couldn't help but feel like when he left he took away all knowledge of himself - she felt as if she hadn't known him at all. "Thank you though. Just... promise you'll contact me if you need anything and if she gives you any trouble? She's a good kid though - likes sweets a little too much but a good kid." Kylee placed a hand on her daughters heard, and blinked away the tears. "Any questions?"

As Kylee handed over a list, Tobiah glanced at it noting words that he’d never heard of as it spoke of allergies that she had. He could only assume that they were related to muggle things that he knew little about and his parents would know even less about. As he turned over the page, Tobiah was surprised to discover that it was full as was the next. Moira was only going to be gone for a short amount of time. Surely, all of this wasn’t going to be necessary. Tobiah didn’t know what to say, so he simply stuffed the list into his pocket after he’d folded it over a few times. “I appreciate the vote of confidence” he stated, his eyes rolling as he heard that Kylee had fears that he’d lose Moira or allow her to become injured in any way. It was true that his experience with children was scant. He had nephews but didn’t get along well enough for his brothers to spend a great deal of time with them. It couldn’t be that hard though. Moira looked like an angel. He was sure this would be a piece of cake, and if not, there was always his mother to help.

With a sigh, Tobiah spoke again. He recognized the concern in Kylee’s voice, which admittedly made him happy since it let him know that she was at least a decent mother even if he had been a very absent, through no fault of his own (in his opinion anyway), father for four years. “Look, I’ll send you a message just as soon as she’s settled in at my place and if you can manage to find yourself a floo” he couldn’t see far enough into her place though doubted very much that it possessed a floo, “let me know, and I’ll make sure we message you before she goes to bed.” Tobiah shook his head as she asked if he had any questions. “No Ms. Darling” he drawled her name as if he was speaking to a school teacher. “Are you ready to go, Moira? Say bye to your mum” he nodded to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back