Paintbrushes

Sapphire Bookchild

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Sapphire felt like painting something big. She had tried poster sized but then didn't think it was enough. The walls in her room where not covered up while she lived there but they where covered up when left during the summer giving her a blank canvas every time she came back but so far she didn't know what she wanted to cover her little section of dorm with. It was somewhere in between thinking of what she wanted to paint and thinking about the school work that she was most likely putting off that Sapphire got an idea. She took a giant roll of paper that she had bought for herself by saving some of the money that Dimpna had given her for school supplies and cut a large piece of it. She wasn't going to set this up in the common room though. It was too big for that.

Sapphire walked out to the great hall and with a bit of spell-o-tape she the bank paper to the wall. She started drawing on it with a pencil and would move on to paint when she was done. This was the idea. She would leave a base picture up then see what was added to the picture as time went on. This would last until one of the caretakers took it down of course but still it would be interesting. Sapphire started in her best calligraphy to write the words "Four As One"

Tara was in the great hall. she had been hungary and gone there to get a pice of her favourite lemon cake. it was nice however it reminded her of a day almost a year ago that she both wanted to forget and remember as well as she could. when she had finished she left the dining hall about to make her way to the grounds. she had started spending a lot of time by herself recently painting, drawing and thinking.
however when she reached the entrance hall she saw that there was a huge pice of paper stuck on the wall and there was a girl she vaguely recognised from her house writing on it, in huge fancy letters. "thats nice, can i join you? she asked smiling at the girl. the paper was like one huge canvas just itching to be drawn on. "four as one, that sounds sort of like the four houses as one school" she said thoughtfully more to herself than anything. she realised that sometimes the best way to take her mind of her problems was to start something new, this looked like the perfect project.

Sapphire looked at the girl whom she had seen in the common room before. She had been in her year? No one year younger. Sapphire knew the face but could not for the life of her place the name. It was just as well most people that she walked to where in her dorm and they where very often busy with their own stuff. So much so that she was sure that she was sure that she wasn't going to be able to talk to them out side the dorm room. The girl asked if she could join her and Sapphire nodded reaching for another pencil from her belt bag and handed it to her.

Please don't think me rude for not talking, I'm mute you see and can hear you just fine but I don't have a voice any more. My name is Sapphire. She wrote quickly on a spare bit of parchment that she had in the same bag then handed that to the girl as well. Sapphire smiled wide then started to add even more decorations to the the lettering that she had been working on. Sapphire nodded rapidly when the girl got what she was trying to say. That right Sapphire signed not realizing that the girl maybe could not understand her. It was just as well. Not many people understood what she was saying usually.

"thank you" tara said as Sapphire gave her a pencil, "is there anything specific you want?" she asked, before seeing that the girl was writing something on a pice of parchment, "nice to meet you Sapphire. I didn't think you were rude at all. I am Tara" she said nodding slightly as she introduced herself. then Tara remembered who the girl was, she was in the year above her, in Dymetris' year. she tried not to think of that, because it hurt too much, but maybe she deserved it, as she was the one who got engaged to someone she didn't love when she was going out with someone she did. no matter what the threats were. she leaned in and started sketching the outline of a shape, she didn't know what se shape was yet, but many of her sketches came to her as she was drawing, sometimes she didn't even know what it was until she had drawn it. This one though seemed to be some sort of animal, she was not sure what it was yet but an animal of some kind.

Sapphire smiled wide as if to say your welcome then shook her head. The point is for everyone who comes by to add something that they want to add. It can even be rude. That's happened before. Sapphire wrote under her first message knowing that there could have been a some student art of it weren't for people that would want to ruin it. Another person came over and started to look at them as they drew. Sapphire hoped that the boy would join in too but didn't think he would. Sapphire kept working on plant like decorations around the words. She wanted it to look as of the words had been grown not painted though that illusion would have taken some time still it was going to be fun to try. And she would try and be good company to Tara who seemed very nice.

Tara understood Saphire very well, maybe it was because she was used to seeing pictures better than words, or maybe it was because body language was was universal where as english was not her her first language. she watched Sapphire write another note on the parchment. and read it. "so we can put whatever we want on here" she said, "Text, pictures, or anything else.". she rose her left hand and faintly sketched a face, it was a very general face, and could be anyone, it was just an outline. then she reached into her bag and withdrew some inks and a brush. she started to fill the face in with words, It was a message, but she didn't think that who it was for would ever read it. she wrote the same words loads of times in different styles, colours and sizes. I am sorry for hurting you, i wish i could go back in time to change what I have done, I love you it would take her a while to get it a neat as she wanted as she hoped that on first glance it would look like a normal face, only when moving closer would you see it was purely writing. she didn't know what Sapphire knew about her, but she guessed that they hadn't been that secretive last year, but she was pretty certain that her new predicament was not widely known. It this kind of what you wanted? she asked. thinking that maybe this was the best thing for her after all. wanting to break the silence she asked Sapphire a question "so what do you usually do when you are not making huge wall murals?" she asked, she liked the girl and wondered what she was like, and what she enjoyed doing.

Sapphire nodded again to say yes. She looked at what was on hanging paper and smiled. Very expressive indeed. Sapphire lived so much in her own fantasy world that she didn't know much of what was going on in the school. She knew everything that was going on with Ms. White and her two lovers but she didn't know what was going on with the world in Hogwarts. She started to think about what should happen to more of the characters with in the world of Tarralark. Maybe she would bring Dormie out more so she can have a life outside the orphanage. There where so many places that she could take the worlds in her head that she didn't see much that was going on in her own world except for one thing. Jeremy, he was always there in the fantastic or in the real world. She looked at Tara when she asked what she did in when she wasn't making huge wall drawing and smiled wide. She turned the parchment over I draw a comic book that I've based on some of the music I listen too. She wrote with a bright smile She wondered for a moment what had her new friend so worried but she wasn't going to ask. It maybe to painful to ask about it at the moment.

Tara saw that there was someone standing behind them watching. she had a shock feeling that it was Dym, however she looked and it was a boy she had never seen before. again she continued on with her face. reaching for a blue grey for the eyes, and a brighter pink for the lips. she read the next note sapphire gave to her and wondered if it was hard to live without being able to talk, having to write everything down. "that sounds cool, My brother used to like comic books. I think he still has a stash of them under his bed." she said smiling, she remembered the simpler time when she was still at home and her brother and her would read through the comic books him trying to translate the english for her, and her trying to help him out. the resulting passages had been highly amusing. her english had improved dramatically since those days, now she would be able to read and understand the english without trying to translate it. "Maybe some time i could have a look at this comic strip?" she asked, she knew that sometimes someones art could be a rather personal thing, and she wouldn't mind if Sapphire said no. but she was interested in other peoples art and drawings, and thought that there was no harm in asking.

Sapphire hadn't shown the comic to anyone else other than Jeremy and he was mostly into the action packed scenes with the air ship pirate captain and his crew somehow she didn't think that Tara would like that. Sapphire was not about to show anyone the newer stuff. It wasn't perfect yet. Suddenly she got it. She dropped the pencil that she had been working with and dug through the bag that she had brought with her. She took out a massive book which she had started to transcribe the loose pages that made up the world of Tarralark and the Overwarld then turned to a page that she thought Tara might like. She undid the rings that bound them to the book and took out the pages that correspond with that particular chapter then handed them to her new friend.

The first panel few panels showed a room with tables and a large dance floor. There where people in very fine clothes while there where others whom looked as if they where trying their very best to look like they fit in but clearly did not have the money to do so. The room was also very divided between the people with money and the people without. Now announcing the nephew of his esteemed mayor-ship Bartholomew Hurly." rang through the hall and the crowd let out a collective "oooh" Especially from the women in the group who in the next panel could be giggling to themselves. The scene was brought back to Mr. Hurly who was wearing a handsome smirk on his face before ordering his drink and making his way to the group.

As he left a young woman in a lace corseted number but tattered shoes made her way up to the bar and ordered herself a cup of water. The bar man offered her a kind yet false smile to which the young woman gave back sunshine. The man behind the bar sank back with a large blush on his face. Seeing this a few of the Sky City women made their way over. One of them bumped her hip roughly into her making her crash into another while the other one pushed her forward right into the lap of a young man sitting by himself at the bar.

"Sorry"
"It's ok really it's nothing but a spot."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes let me help you up."
There was a kind and very handsome smile on the young man's face which the young woman returned. "What's your name if you don't mind me asking?"
"Veronica Toolie"
"Nice to meet you I'm Nathaniel Cage Chef of police here in Sky City. Most call me Cage."

The next few panels showed them talking of life in both worlds, politics, the weather. There where hearts coming from both of them making it seem like there was a new relationship on the rise.

"Really a ball like this must be better than the parties on the ground." came from Cage making Veronica bristle.
"Oh really? Let me show you just how much fun we can have on the ground" She said then gestured to the man with the violin. Suddenly the violinist hopped on top of one of the tables and started to play along with the band he had left behind.

The women of Tarralark started to clap and circled around him while dancing. The dance was flirty, involving the hips a lot. In a short while it wasn't the women who where clapping it was the men whom where kneeled in front of the women they wanted to dance with. Veronica was one of the few that had been taken out of the circle first no by the man that she had expected to take her out. Bart had abandoned his admirers, deciding instead to dance with Veronica. This was the name she gave him as well as they danced and talked. Cage was in the next panel his eyes narrowed in rage and jealousy. When the dance was over Cage walked over and grabbed Bart by the shirt only to hear the announcement.

"All Sky City Operatives report to the west shipping yards! All non-official personnel report to the east ports where there will be ships read to take you home. That is all."

"Looks like we are going to be getting time alone." Bart said sideways as Cage hurried off to join his people at the shipping yard. Veronica had vanished as well into the crowd making their way to the transport home. Bart was puzzled then looked over at Cage who was standing by the door smirking. A small square in the corner read And thus war was declared over the heart of one Veronica Toolie who was really the wanted smuggler Alexandria White.

Sapphire took out her magical music device and started to play the song that had inspired the chapter which was oriental in nature. She didn't know if the story was any good but it was something that she had worked on a lot. She liked it but she didn't know if anyone else would want to read it. That and one of the carecteres in there looked a lot like her most recent crush. Who she wouldn't say even if she could. Sapphire waited for Tara tell her if she liked the story bit or not.

Tara could tell that sapphire hadn't shown many people her strip. she felt honoured when she saw the girl reach into the bag and smiled as she saw the strip it was beautifully drawn. and the characters were so detailed. the story was also good. "they are amazing" she said reading the strip again. "the music also fits it really well." she said, the music sort of reminded her of home. although the music was more Chinese than indian, she came from near the Chinese and nepalese borders so there was quite a lot of influence from those cultures in her home town. She liked the music, and started to sway as she was standing there. she gave the papers pack to Sapphire, "they are really good and thank you for showing them to me, i feel honoured." she said. she turned to the poster again. she defiantly felt a lot better now she had spent some time with Sapphire. she gave the girl a quick hug tying not to get ink on her. "thank you" she said smiling at her, a fully genuine smile. one of the first full smiles she had smiled since that day in the north tower.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry it is a little lame i have no inspiration today"[/b]

OOCOut of Character:
Tis cool I've had those days

Sapphire smiled wide at this. Music is my inspiration for the scenes this is why I love to listen to it because I can then imagine what's going on in the book. Sort like a musical in my head. She wrote them pressed her hand against her lips to make it clear that she was laughing a bit. Sapphire took her comic back and put it back where it was meant to go. Maybe someday she could put it into print and have everyone read it. Not now though. When she had figured out what happens between Ms. White and her two suiters and when there are no more advetures for the pirate capitan to go on. When there where no more things for the Women of the Elite to gossip about and when there was peace between both the Overworld and Tarralark then Sapphire would let the world see the world that she had created. Tara hugged her to which Sapphire risponded with a gentile hug of her own. She could tell that the girl was hurting. It was my pleasure. Sapphire wrote then turned back to the large paper she had started on. She took bottle of green paint out of her side bag and started to trace it with the yellowish green color that she thought would look good as an outline.

Tara nodded when she read what Sapphire wrote about music being her inspiration. "I guess beauty and nature are my inspirations, I draw because i want to capture the beauty and nature of the world." she said smiling she turned back to her picture and continued adding colour, in the shape of words. she had almost finished and close up it looked like someone had just written the same thing loads of times with different colours but she knew that if she stood far enough away she would see a face. "when i was back in india my farther would take me to this place called the valley of the flowers. I would spend days there drawing, sketching, painting, the flowers, the landscape, and the wildlife. then my mother would sell the pictures to tourists who come to our village to see the valley, and the park." she said. she didn't know why she had said that she guessed that talking about inspiration had caused that. when the face was done she picked up the pencil again and started sketching one of the flowers from the valley. it was a purple one, but obviously that detail couldn't be seen yet. she had sketched the flowers there so many times over the years that she would have been able to draw them blindfolded, so not being able to see the flower as no hindrance to her as she could see it several times in her mind. she found that sometimes when she started to star something the picture would stick in her mind so well that if she started drawing at dawn, it could be midday and the dawn colours would still be as bold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back