Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Rosemarie
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Rigid Acacia Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Oscar rarely wrote to his parents, one of the reasons being that he always found himself working with non-cooperative owls. It had taken him at least half an hour last time because the owl kept either flying away from him or biting him in his fingers. He had even tried giving them little owl treats but the hooters just didn't seem to want to help him. And it seemed like it was going to take some time again this time around. Oscar let out a sigh, getting irritated. ''Oh come on, just do your job already, will you?'' he told the owl when it refused to take his letter. If only he had not promised his parents that he would give them an update about how things were going with Raven and himself. Couldn't Raven do that herself? ''I'll give you two treats?'' Oscar pleaded, slowly inching his hand forward in another attempt to tie his letter to the owl's leg.

Estella never usually found herself making her way up to the Owlery. It was extremely far from everything except for the Astronomy classroom and a lot of effort was involved in walking up those steps. But Estella had received a letter from her father that morning at the breakfast table and she knew that if he didn't get a reply soon that she would probably be expecting another one tomorrow morning. Sighing a little, the Hufflepuff began walking up the steps one at a time, holding her reply to him in a neat envelope. As she made it to the top, she began assessing the owls around her to try to find one to use. She became distracted however as she found one of her classmates almost yelling at one of them as it clearly wasn't cooperating. Chuckling, Estella made her way over to him. "Having some trouble?" Estella asked, finding it quite amusing.

Oscar was about to grab ahold of the owl's legs when the sound of another voice startled him, causing him to miss the owl completely. ''Trouble is an understatement at this point,'' he said sulkily, watching the owl fly off to somewhere he could not reach it. He turned around and saw that the voice belonged to one of his classmates. He could not stop himself from feeling a little embarrassed about his failed attempt to get an owl to do his delivery now, as she had seen him struggle. ''Don't bother with them today,'' Oscar said, motioning behind him at the owls whilst trying to sound as casual as possible. ''They're cranky today.''

Estella watched with a smirk as the owl flew away from the boy, and refrained from laughing in front of him. She didn't want to be cruel to him, but it was just so amusing watching someone else struggle with something. "I wonder why they're cranky." she mused as he told her not to bother them. She didn't want to just give up that easily though, and so thought that maybe offering a helping hand would be good so she could just get her letter sent as soon as possible. "Did you want to try and do it together? I have this letter I need to send too." She held up the envelope that was addressed to her father. She knew wasn't the best with handling animals, but was interested in how it would turn out if they tried together.

Oscar smiled when the girl offered to help and nodded, eager to get it over and done with. Perhaps he should let Raven handle the birds next time, she'd probably have better luck anyway since she was named after one. Even though he had been slightly embarrassed about not being able to handle an owl on his own, and that one of his classmates had caught him, the boy was grateful that she didn't laugh at him - it would have only embarrassed him further. ''I brought some owl treats with me,'' he told the girl, showing them to her in the hope that she knew what to do with them, as they hadn't worked for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back