Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
12 3/4" Black Walnut Wand with Essence of Silver Thistle Core
Although Chloe had spent a whole year at Hogwarts, she didn’t feel any less unsettled than she had the first time she stepped foot in the castle. She had tried her best over the summer to read extra on her classes, but that only seemed to make her even more confused and it gave her headaches. Aside from that, in the little time she had to study, she had spent time with Chad, her so-called father, trying to get to know him - not that he was making it all that easy, either. Chloe had written to her mother to reassure her that school had gone great and she could not wait for the new year to begin. Naturally, her mom had been thrilled. Chloe didn’t want to lie to her, she just couldn’t, so it was a half truth, but she didn’t want to worry her. Her mother could be really overprotective at times. Deciding that she needed a breather from just about everything, the second year left the library with her backpack and headed straight to the lake, the one place that was easiest for the girl to locate. There were still some places she wasn’t completely comfortable knowing where they were. But, she would get there. Eventually. The cool breeze helped the Singaporean feel better, though she was feeling a bit anxious which was why she had brought along her books. It probably wasn’t very healthy to study so much, but she just had to get this stuff in her brain. How else would she learn?

Kauri had adjusted to a busy schedule before, and he knew he could do it again. In fifth year it had taken him a long time to get used to being a prefect and the Brotherhood president, but he had managed it. Right now, though, everything felt like too much. Kauri was excited to be Head Boy, for sure, and he was eager to set a good example for his fellow students, but he was scared of letting down the professors who had believed in him. He had to work harder than ever to keep up with his studies. Free time was rare, but Kauri knew how important it was to find here and there, and he had managed to set some time aside to wander outside, getting some fresh air and trying to clear his mind. Walking along the lakeside, Kauri was finally starting to feel more relaxed, hoping he could recapture this feeling when it was time to get back to practice with Professor Chamberlin. His peace was interrupted though when he spotted a young girl just up ahead with an impressive pile of books. It was easy for Kauri to forget sometimes that he wasn't the only one feeling the pressure, and for younger students it was all new. He gave the girl a reassuring smile as he approached. "That's a lot to be studying." He said gently. "Would you like some help?"

Chloe almost jumped when she heard a voice, more specifically, a male’s, maybe had it been a girl who had spoken she wouldn’t have looked up, startled, considering girls tended to have a higher, softer pitch, in Chloe’s opinion. She placed her hand on her heart, trying to calm down. "Gee, you scared me!" she exclaimed dramatically, then finally glanced at the boy. Uh. The much older boy. At least he seemed nice. Chloe furrowed her eyebrows, trying to think of she wanted help. He was a lot older and he probably knew what al of this stuff meant. She smiled at him, a little awkwardly. "Um...sure, actually. I’d love some help." No, the Ravenclaw was beyond relieved. If the second year had paid more attention to the students at the castle, even the older ones, she would know to whom she was speaking but considering the circumstances and the fact that she knew next to nothing and was focusing on her books she had no idea that the guy who offered his help was no one but the head boy himself.

Kauri gave the girl a gentle smile when she accepted his help, sitting down next to her. "What subject are you working on?" Kauri asked, trying to figure out what year the girl was. Couldn't be older than third, surely, he would definitely be able to help her. "I have pretty good grades in most core classes, I'm sure it'll be fine." He smiled, deciding not to mention that he had dropped Astronomy. Looking back, it felt silly having dropped it now. When he had been younger it had been a constant struggle to stay up past his bedtime for the class, but now he had a much later schedule, with Prefect patrols in the mix. He could have tried to pick it up earlier, but.... well, it was much too late to dwell on now. "I'm Kauri by the way, what's your name?"

Chloe felt it was only polite to return the smile so she did so, as the older boy sat down next to her. She was sure he wasn’t in her house, otherwise she would have recognised him. But what was important now was the help he had offered. The second year needed it more than she wanted to admit. "Oh uh..." she hesitated, before giving the boy a sheepish glance. "All of them?" It had meant to come out more as a statement than a question. "I have no idea where to start though," she added, in case he knew how to help her begin. She hoped so. She nodded, thank god for this guy. He was smart. Chloe blinked. For some reason, his name sounded familiar but she didn’t know why. "I’m Chloe Chan. Er, just Chloe," she said. Was she, like, supposed to hold out her hand for him to shake, or something?

Kauri smiled reassuringly at the girl's worry. "Well, I can help with all of them." He said gently. "Is there one you've been struggling with? If you can't think of anything we can just start at the top of the pile." Kauri smiled, gesturing to her stack of books. He remembered how overwhelming he had found a lot of his classes in his early years at school, and wanted to make sure she felt comfortable knowing what she was doing. "Nice to meet you Chloe." Kauri added with a smile. "Which year are you in?"

Chloe’s eyes lit up when the boy told her he could help her with all of them, she really needed it right now and she realised this the more she glanced down at the big pile of books sitting in front of her. She didn’t want to sound selfish, of course, but she was desperate to do well and not lag behind in class. After all, she didn’t want to get a reputation for being the stupid one, or some other nonsense. The second year opened her mouth to respond to his question but she knew that, actually, she had no idea. She wasn’t particularly struggling with any subject more than another. "Yeah, good idea," she said finally, taking the first book on the pile - which happened to be Defence Against the Dark Arts. She groaned. Great. "Uh, I’m just taking three this semester, but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared, right?" she asked with a small smile, though she said it to herself in reassurance more than to him. "It’s nice to meet you too. I’m in second year," she responded, wondering just how much of her coursework he’d remember.

Sorry changing fonts is just too much effort

Users who are viewing this thread

Back