Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Kira
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Arcturus wasn't sure if he should be waiting for Kira in the entrance hall or not. Ever since he had told the girl that he fancied her a little, he could tell that she was trying to avoid the whole situation a little. Neither of them had brought up the Yule Ball in the days leading up to the event, and with exams going on, he hadn't seen much of her either as he was spending the majority of his time at the library to study. He really wanted her to come, however, seeing as how this would probably be the last day that he'd be able to spend time with her before the holiday break would kick in. It would be odd if they would not see one another, especially since they'd become quite close during the past few months. He waited for his friend in the entrance hall, fidgeting with the end of his jacket whilst he looked around and smiled at familiar faces.

Last edited:
Kira was undeniably nervous. She both loved and hated the dress Tyra had made her. She hurried down the stairs, determined to play this cool and ignore the pounding of her heart. She came up beside Arcturus, not sure who he was smiling at. "Hey," she greeted softly, placing a hand on his arm. "I'm sorry I'm so late, I... couldn't find my sewing kit," she blushed, trying to hold the slit of her dress closed.

Arcturus glanced down at his watch as more and more people were leaving the entrance hall, afraid for a moment that she would not come. He wouldn't hold it against Kira if she decided to stay up in the common room, no doubt him admitting that he liked her had thrown a spanner in the works. Or in this case their friendship. But then she stood beside him with her hand on his arm, apologising as usual. ''Hello there,'' he replied, smiling at the sight of his friend. Looking at her now made him wish that he had put a little more effort in his own clothing for tonight. He could've smartened up a bit with a tie or bowtie for example. ''You... look really beautiful,'' Arcturus told her. She always looks nice but there was something about the way she did now that made him lost for words.

Kira blushed as Arcturus complimented her, smiling shyly. and tucking her hair behind her ear. "Thank you," she murmured. "You look pretty handsome yourself," she told him softly. "I'm really sorry," she apologized again. "Tyra makes all my dresses, I didnt know before hand that she would- I didnt have time to fix it." She bit her lip, releasing the dress to show Arc the slit in the side of the dress.

"She, um, she sent a note saying 'knock them dead' or something." She admitted shyly, looking down and pulling the slit closed again.

He smiled once more as she complimented him too, fixing his shirt to show her how proper he looked in contrast to the messy school robes he wore usually. Arcturus looked down at the bottom of her dress when she showed him the slit in the side. He didn't see the problem in it, it was a nice dress and it looked good on her, but for Kira's sake decided not to say anything about it. ''It's alright, I hadn't been waiting for that long,'' he lied, not wanting her to feel bad even more. ''You have certainly knocked me dead,'' the Ravenclaw told her truthfully before offering his arm to her. ''Want to go in and dance? I've heard some killer jams already.''

Kira couldnt help the way her breath caught as he spoke to her. She looked up at him, heart hammering a bit in her chest. He really did look handsome all cleaned up. She gave him a shy smile and took his arm. "Of course," she agreed, sternly reminding herself they were here as friends. And ignoring the little flutter in her heart that wished they weren't. She just felt so safe with Arc, that was all it was. She relaxed a bit, raising her hand from her dress to cover her other hand on his arm. "Lead the way, good sir," she smiled.

''M'lady,'' he said with a nod and then led her into the Great Hall. He knew that she wasn't ready for another relationship, she had told him so, and yet he wished otherwise. He shouldn't, though, and because he wanted to be her friend more than anything, knew that he should not act on it tonight and be selfish. They were here as friends and nothing more. Just two friends having a fun night before they wouldn't see one another for two whole weeks. It'd be boring without his friend there with him, however, his own family was pretty boring nowadays. ''I should warn you, I am not a very good dancer, so my apologies in advance if I step on your toes at some point.'' His Scottish accent was coming through when pronouncing certain words. It was difficult to suppress it at times.

Kira followed Arc, unthinkingly rubbing her thumb lightly over his arms. "Its alright," she laughed softly, smiling up at him as the came to a stop on the dance floor. "I'm glad to dance with you," she smiled shyly, blushing and looking away. "Um, have I ever told you I think your accent is really adorable?" She asked softly.

Arcturus smiled weakly when he noticed that she was rubbing her thumb over his arm. He had found out that whenever Kira did that, she was relaxed. Now that they were on the dance floor, the Ravenclaw found it difficult to hear what she was saying. Her mouth was moving and he heard her voice, but the music was too loud for him to make up what she was saying exactly. Moving his head closer to her ear, Arcturus asked, ''Sorry, what was that? I didn't quite catch it.''

Kira bit her lip as Arc leaned down to hear her, taking a breath. "I said that I'm glad to dance with you. And... that your accent is really adorable." She took a chance and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek. "Thank you, Arc," she murmured in his ear. And she meant it. For being so patient with her, for sticking with her even though she was a mess. For being her friend. "I can show you how to dance, if you want." She offered, taking his hand and giving him her best smile.

Arcturus grinned slightly at her words. ''Thank you. And I'm glad to dance with you, too.'' He had always tried his best to make sure that people would understand him properly here but with Kira he found himself slipping up at times. It was a good thing that the lighting in the Great Hall was different from what was it usually for he blushed heavily when she planted a kiss on his cheek. ''Yeah, eh, you're welcome,'' he said, hoping that she couldn't see that it. It took him a moment to gather his thoughts again, but when he did, he nodded his head and let Kira lead from that point on. It'd be much safer for both of them if she would show him anyway.

((Godmod approved))

Kira smiled, taking his hands with hers. She placed one of his hand at her waist and held the other in hers, reaching up to lay her hand on his shoulder. "Alright, follow me. One, two, three, one, two three," she led him in the movements, smiling brightly as he started to pick it up.

They danced for a few songs, and by the time the third song began he had taken the lead back. She giggled, letting him spin her before falling back into place. "You're doing wonderfully," she smiled warmly up at him, ocean blue eyes sparkling.

He readied himself when she took his hand and put it on her waist. While he wasn't terrible at dancing, Arcturus lacked the motoric skills to properly concentrate on two things at once when doing stuff like this. And so he glanced down at his feet every so often to, smiling widely as everything appeared to be going swimmingly. She would probably tell him that it was because he was a fast learner, catching up with her dance moves quickly, while in was in fact just because she was a good teacher. "Thank you," Arcturus said, still smiling as he looked back at his friend. "You're not too bad yourself." She was wonderful. He had been looking at Kira whenever he wasn't looking down at his feet, and the smile on her face warmed his heart.

Kira giggled as he complimented her back. "Alright, and spin," She guided him through it, stepping gracefully back into his arms and laughing. "I needed this, thank you," She reached up, brushing his hair from his eyes. "I'm so used to seeing you with your glasses," She commented idly, her hand trailing lightly down his face before resting on his neck. "I never noticed just how blue your eyes are," She bit her lip, hoping he didn't notice her blush. "They're lovely..." She complimented gently.

Arcturus laughed when they made her spin once more, catching her back in his arms as she returned to him. "Anytime," he replied. The way Kira's hand trailed lightly down his face send shivers down his spine. It made him smile like an idiot, or at least that was what it felt like to him. And then she stared at him and he found himself lost her own blue eyes. How could anyone ever treat this girl with such disrespect as Caelan had done in his letter? She was the best thing at this school and deserved all the love and appreciation one could get. He smiled weakly when she complimented him on his eyes, if he could turn into a puddle of mush he'd be one for sure. His heart hammering in his chest, it was as if everything was suddenly in slow motion, Arcturus leaned in closer towards Kira's face and glanced down at her lips for a brief moment before finally planting his lips onto hers.

Kiras heart nearly stopped. There was something in the way Arc looked at her. Her breath caught and when he started leaning in, she didnt pull away. "Arc," she whispered, eyes fluttering closed as he pressed his lips to hers. She relaxed, stepping into the kiss and raising her other hand to lightly touch his jaw as she kissed him back.

In that moment, everything was perfect. She felt safe, and warm, and loved. The kiss broke, and she couldnt help but smile. "Arc, I... I..." she tried, smiling softly.

Just a child. Fear came slamming into her gut, causing her to pause, to freeze. Arc couldnt do this. He deserved more. More than her. Her eyes misted over. "I'm sorry," she managed, slipping away from him and hurrying from the room.

A smile appeared on Arcturus' face when she kissed him back, pulling her a little closer to him while she touched his jaw, it sent shivers down his spine again. In this moment, all was well and good, as if there wasn't a worry in the worlds.

He knew that she shouldn't have done it, it would put a stain on their friendship for sure, but it seemed like the right thing to do at that moment. And he would done so again had she not walked away from him, as there was without a doubt something going on between them. He wanted to call out her name and tell her to wait but she was already out of the Great Hall before he could do so. Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Arcturus stood on the dance floor in silence, alone and without having a clue as to what he was supposed to do now. He didn't want it to ruin their friendship but there was something in the way she looked at him before she left that told him that it had ruined it still. Walking off towards one of the tables with snacks and beverages, the teen started to ponder over what to do know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back