OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Flexible Fir Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
It was the day after Hufflepuff had lost to Ravenclaw. Charlie had been up late into the night. He rushed down to the Hogwarts Monthly room, hurrying inside with his notebook. He set his things down, a little annoyed to find the room empty, but also pleased that it gave him time to work on his article. He pulled over a fresh page, humming softly to himself as he went to work putting down a cleaner draft on a new piece of paper.

Poppy was feeling the stress of the semester weighing her down. She had heard older students complain out exams and now she realized they weren't exaggerating. At least she had more free time since she was still keeping her distance form her friends and decided to head to the Monthly room where she knew it was likely to be nice and quiet. She closed the door quietly behind her and was surprised to see one of the first year students hard at work. Poppy smiled warmly at him. "Hard at work I see." she said kindly as she walked up next to him. "How is your article coming along?" she asked. She was fairly certain he had signed up to cover quidditch, which could be a bit daunting for a first article.

Charlie had just finished copying down his article neatly on a new page when he heard someone speak. He jumped a bit, looking up and blushing as he saw one of the editors. "Oh, h-hello," he stammered shyly, thinking to himself that her hair was very pretty and soft looking. "I, um- I finished, actually," He replied shyly, holding out the fresh parchment to the girl. "I mean, at least, I finished the second draft. I just added in the second game and moved it into a fresh paper." He gave her a soft smile.

The sport of Quidditch got its name from Queerditch Marsh, the location of the first ever recorded game. A witch by the name of Gertie Keddle lived on the edge of the marsh around the year 1050 and recorded what she saw in a diary that survives to this day. The game has evolved over time, eventually becoming the game we all know and love. Well, everyone except for a loud blond in the stands with a rather odd sign.

The Quidditch season started off with a game between Slytherin, the reigning champions, and Gryffindor. Gryffindor didn’t make it easy for the snakes, however. Once in the air, Gryffindor Solomon ‘Sully’ Tofilau was the first to take the Quaffle. The chasers dominated the gameplay, the ball passing mostly between Tolifau, Gryffindor Chloe Thompson, and Slytherin Jasper Night. Night dominated the field, scoring five goals throughout the game. He was followed by Thompson with four goals. Tolifau had three. The other chasers didn’t have as much luck, the Slytherin Indira Khatri gaining one goal while Slytherin Luisaidh Fergusson and Gryffindor Noel Waldgrave both missed their only shots.

The beaters were less active during the game, but not for lack of trying. Slytherin Daintree Vaskevold held the best luck, scoring three hits; one for Gryffindor captain and beater Lysander Summers and two for the Gryffindor seeker Flynn North. The Gryffindors barely retaliated, with one shot from Summers that hit captain and Seeker Blake Irons, while Emma hit the other Slytherin beater Rye West.

The Seekers seemed to struggle to catch the ever elusive Snitch, the game running on. It wasn’t without interest, however, as the elder Seeker Blake led the susceptible younger Seeker Flynn North in a classic Wrongski feint. It appeared fruitless at the time, but it wasn’t long before Irons flew quickly into what appeared to be a collision course with chaser Jasper Night. After barely missing a crash, Irons emerged victorious with the snitch in his hand, securing the victory for Slytherin.

What happened next was a bit of a surprise. The game had barely ended when Gryffindor beater Emma Van Houten slammed a bludger into Irons. He seemed very nice about it, though Van Houten and her captain were pulled aside quickly by the referee.

After an exciting match, Slytherin emerged the victors once again and defended their title.

Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw took to the skies today. After the intensity of the Slytherin versus Gryffindor game, todays match was much calmer. Hufflepuff kept main possession of the quaffle, seeing some great flying and interesting techniques from Hufflepuff Lillith Montgomery. Despite the Huffelpuff’s determination, very few goals made it past the Ravenclaw’s seeker Lars Van Houten. Lars excelled in his position, catching all five attempts the Hufflepuffs through at him. Only one shot was made in this game, when Ravenclaw Branson Archer caught the quaffle and slipped it past the Hufflepuff keeper, Linden Cullen.

While Hufflepuff kept the quaffle, Ravenclaw dominated the bludger. Juniper Zumwalt managed to score five hits, two of them hitting co-captain and Chaser Amy Jewel. Connor Holland and Tilly Drage both managed a pair of hits themselves. The game seemed to go on, wearing out the players. Seekers Minnnie and Elliot were diligent, working hard to try and outrace the other, but in the end it was Minnie Calida that won the match, leaving them with a score of 160 to nothing. We’ll all be waiting eagerly for Ravenclaw versus Slytherin. Will the snakes be able to hold on to their championship? Will Hufflepuff be able to win against Gryffindor? I, for one, will be eagerly waiting to find out.

Last edited:
Poppy smiled as the younger boy seemed a bit nervous as she approached. She didn’t consider herself to be very intimidating but she remembered how big the older students seemed when she was a first year. She blinked in surprise when he said he was finished. “Oh really?” she said curiously. The deadline was still a ways off and she was honestly impressed. “Second draft?” she mumbled mostly to herself that time and took the parchment. Poppy nodded absentmindedly as she began to read. She chewed on the cuticle of her thumb as she read and nodded along as she went. “It’s good.” she said when she was finally done and smiled. “Was this your first time writing something like this?” she asked. His writing sounded very mature for a first year and she wondered if he had any kind of experience. What ever experience an eleven year old could have she wasn’t sure.

Charlie watched nervously as Poppy took his article and read it over, letting out a soft sigh when she was finished. He blushed, glad she'd liked it. He fiddled absently with his pen. "It's my first time writing something like this," He replied shyly. "But, um... my dad, he, he's a Sports reporter, I've read pretty much everything he's ever written," He explained, laughing lightly and peeking up at Poppy. "Do you think it's okay to be turned in?" He asked, wanting to have it ready. He had already sent his first and second draft to his dad. He wouldn't mind doing a third.

Poppy smiled and let out a light laugh when Charlie explained that his dad was a sports writer. “Well that makes sense. You must have learned a lot from him then.” she said brightly, She knew she could relate. She had picked up all kinds of things from her parents. But she looked back to the papers in her hand when he asked if it should be turned in. "Oh? Let me just check, one last time.” she said a little surprised. She wasn't used to people turning in drafts with such urgency considering the second quidditch game was only yesterday. Poppy walked over to her desk to grab a red pen and read over it more carefully this time. She only found a couple spots where spelling and punctuation could use some improvements but it really was a quite well written article. "Just a few small things." she said before handing it back.

Charlie smiled softly, nodding as she commented on his dad. He adored his dad, and had read and re-read everything he could find that his dad had published at least a dozen times. He waited nervously, trying not to seem too anxious as she read over his article. He let out an audible sigh when she handed it back, giving her a shy smile before turning and taking out a new parchment. "Thank you," he told her sincerely. "Do you think it's too long?" He asked, glancing back to the older girl.

Poppy smiled as he seemed eager to get to work. She was about to head back to her desk when he asked another question. She tapped a finger against her chin as she thought about it. "No I don't think so." she said definitively after a moment. "It covered both sides well and it's not like we have a word limit for articles." she explained kindly. "But don't get too carried away either." she added quickly, wanting to be clear.

Charlie nodded slowly, thinking it over carefully. "I... might try to limit it a bit, I was looking through old papers and I don't want to overpower the other article," he glanced over to her, worried the older girl might thing he was silly. He laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry, I- I'm just nervous," he told her softly. "I'm sending the first paper back to my dad," he gave her a shy smile. "Um, why- why did you join the paper?" He asked, curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back