Overdue Planning

Colton Kovac

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Wand
Willow 15" Essence of Belladonna
It was definitely rare for the Healer at Saint Mungo's to have two days off in a row. Today was the first day, and Colton was awakened at the break of dawn of course. He was an early riser, before everyone else. However he had things to do these two days that he was off work. For one, he was going to spend as much time with Gavin as possible, whom was turning out to be more like him than anything else, but with Gabrielle's blue eyes. Colton also ordered some magazines that he would need to do some of his planning. Colton had been engaged for two years now, and he was ready to be married. What kept him from doing so before was his worry over Ariah, but he knew where she was now, and that she was happily married. It eased him inside, and he could tell that the guy actually loved her. Colton did not feel the need to confront the man that had set up the arranged marriage anymore. It had obviously been a right choice, and it was actually none of his business. He realized this now. Colton was currently in the dining room, sipping his coffee and watching his son from the corner of his brown eyes as Gavin was completing a puzzle on the floor somewhat close to him. His son was a good one, well-behaved, shy, and still in that darn climbing stage where he wanted to climb everything. He didn't know where he had gotten that little trick from, but he knew that it was not him. Must have been Gabrielle. Colton was flipping through a magazine that had several wedding dresses, and knowing that Gabrielle would be the one to choose this, he wanted to picture her in all of them first. Colton smiled somewhat, because every single wedding dress he liked, she would look just breath taking wearing it. Using a quill and ink, he would place a single check mark by his favorites, before he would turn the magazine over to her, wherever she was hiding at right now. Colton sometimes thought that Gabrielle was too good for him, that she was this angel that had fallen from the sky, and needed a freaking prince, but she fell in love with him. That was commitment to him, and for that he was grateful.

"Dad! I finished the puzzle!" Gavin spoke out, and Colton looked down at his son, and set down his quill. Colton looked over the puzzle before he smiled naturally. It seemed like he was smiling a lot more since before he had Gabrielle in his life. Colton scooted back in his seat, and he got down on the floor, and he set his son in the space between his legs. "You got that fifty piece done rather face, think it is time for a five hundred piece?" Colton chuckled when his son shook his head, but Colton wandlessly summoned a box over to them, and he caught it with his right hand. He also put the other puzzle away before he reassured his son, "Don't worry, I will be here to help you out. It isn't often I help you out with puzzles." In fact, he felt that he was not home enough with his son. Gavin currently did not even know most of his family. Colton refused to take him around Yvo after what happened, and Adrian was over in the muggle world. Sometimes he preferred that Gavin would stay out of the muggle world. He was slightly concerned with Gavin's upbringing. However if Adrian brought over Jesse into the magical world, where he belonged, and then he would let Gavin and Jesse play since both were around the same age, with Jesse being slightly older by eight months. Colton made a mental note to try to set up a play date or something for Gavin so that he can build his social skills. They were definitely needed in the world. Gavin was shy enough around people, which Colton sort of had when he was younger as well. It helped him in the long run, but Colton did not want his son to go through some of the rough patches that he himself had gone through. Colton finished the edges for his son, and Gavin was having a blast working a puzzle with his dad. The front door opened and Colton looked up to see his fiance walked through. Colton waved with one of his free hands to greet her, and remained sitting on the floor with Gavin. It was a little difficult to get up and greet her like he normally did. Colton did not care if she saw the magazines or not, it might be a hint to tell her that he was more than ready to make her his bride.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Gabrielle Snow pushed back a few strands of her light blonde hair as she emerged into the home that she shared with Colton and her son. She was home a little bit earlier than usual today. There was some weird issue on one of the floors at St. Mungos and everyone was needed there except for a select few. So they let her go early today. Which was no issue with Gabrielle. That just meant she would get to spend more time with her fiancé and Gavin. Gabrielle smiled softly when she saw Colton on the floor with Gavin. ”Hey hun.” Gabrielle replied softly as she closed the door behind her. The blonde set her purse aside and hung her jacket up. It was so cute to see Gavin spending time with his dad. Gabrielle was usually with him during the day while Colton worked. Then at night Gabrielle went to work and Colton stayed home. Only today it was sort of the opposite. Colton had the next couple of days off so he was home with Gavin all day. Which was cuter than hell in her opinion. Gavin was like a miniature version of Colton himself. Seeing them sitting site by side was almost too much for Gabrielle. If only she had a camera with her at all times. Gabrielle approached her two boys and leaned down to give Gavin a kiss on the top of his head. He grinned at her and Gabrielle had to resist the urge to pick him up and smother him with hugs and kisses. Then Gabrielle turned her head and leaned up to give Colton a chaste kiss on the lips. She would have given him more, but their son was in the room so she figured it would be far from appropriate. ”What have you two been up to all day?” Gabrielle questioned. It looked like they were currently working on puzzles or something. But they could have been doing more than that earlier on in the day. Gabrielle desperately wished she could have spent the entire day with the both of them. But the money was needed. Pretty soon she would have day off herself so she could spend time with the both of them and not have to worry about work for once. Gabrielle smiled again and began to wander off into the dining room. She was a little bit hungry right now.

On the way there she noticed a stack of magazines on the table. Gabrielle raised an eyebrow and went to take a look. Colton rarely ever read magazines. Nor did she ever really read them either. So where did the large stack come from? Gabrielle hovered above them and read each and every one of the titles carefully. They were wedding magazines. There were things like dresses and other wedding stuff in them. Gabrielle picked them and up and walked into the next room with them. ”Colton, do you know where these came from?” Gabrielle knew she didn’t order them. After all she had no idea when she and Colton were going to tie the knot. She was just happy being with him all together. In a way, Gabrielle was kind of scared to think about a wedding. But that was mostly because she had no idea where to begin. But if she knew where to start she might feel less afraid. Did Colton get these? Perhaps someone got wind of her engagement and decided to send these over? Well there were endless possibilities to the origin of these magazines, but they were quite the shocker. Gabrielle knew that there was an awful lot she needed to do. Bridesmaids, the dress, cake, whatever else was needed for a wedding. Gabrielle hadn’t thought of it even the slightest bit. Which was pretty bad but she had been so busy with everything else. Gabrielle bit her lip and wondered if Colton had any idea. Did they need to start planning? They had been engaged for a couple of years now. Perhaps it was time to actually get to it. Even if it was going to be a long and tasking process for them both.​
<i>
</i>

Colton looked down in amazement that his son was already putting together the edges of the puzzle. That son of his was brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Just like his parents. Colton dreaded the day when Gavin would be off to Hogwarts, possibly even in Hogwarts New Zealand where he heard some nice things about the school from Ariah. She must be pregnant by now, which meant that Gavin might have someone else to play with as well. Yvo had yet to have kids, but he seriously doubted that the guy was even straight. He looked up at his lovely girlfriend before he smiled, "You look lovely today, as per usual. Doesn't she, Gavin?" Gavin managed to look up from his puzzle before he went back to it. It was amazing to see that Gavin was one of the main reasons why the two were together. Well, aside from the fact that they were so much in love and whatnot. Like that was a small deal, said no one ever. He remembered when Gabrielle was pregnant with Gavin, and how he was not there for the most important months. It tore him up, but he was with his son now. Colton assisted Gavin with putting together the final piece to the edges, and now it was time for the hardest part, which was the middle. Sometimes it even took Colton a while to get through something this intense. Colton looked up at Gabrielle once more, when she gave their son a kiss on his brunette head, and then he received one from her as well, only on the lips. He would have loved to give her more, but he didn't want to scar his son so early. Colton heard the question that she asked, before he gestured toward the puzzle and he shrugged with his shoulders, "Mainly just hanging out, really." Though this morning he was looking through those magazines, but he was being vague on the question anyway. "How was your work?" asked Colton, like a good man would. Colton did hope that she had a good day at work since they had a lot to discuss later on.

When she moved to the dining room, Colton knew at once she would be asking about the magazines. She never missed a thing. Not even when she found the engagement ring on her finger after he slipped it upon her in the middle of the night. It was a nice little gift, and it meant a lot. He just needed to hear that she loved him before he wanted to pull that stunt. After all, relationships rarely lasted after a failed proposal. He whispered to his son that he would be right back, and he stood up from the floor, and made his way toward the dining room himself. Gavin was a good kid, so when he was focused on something, he remained on the task. Much like Colton himself. However Gabrielle seemed to have beat him and then asked where the magazines came from. Oh the temptation to be sarcastic was heavy, but he covered that up. Colton let out a sigh and he smiled softly, "I thought that it would be time to well, start planning to make you Mrs. Gabrielle Kovac." Colton then looked at Gavin and thought that it would be safe to leave him there to go into the dining room. The house was protected, or child-proof so it was not that horrible. He wrapped his arm around Gabrielle, and got the magazines from the dining room before he walked her into the living room where they could sit and start planning. Colton took his seat on the couch, before he decided to start talking, "I don't want to choose your dress and stuff, but I already have a few groomsmen in mind. But I believe the little man that should be carrying the rings for us would be Gavin. He's already agreed to it." Colton paused for a minute, before he waited for his fiancee to give him her thoughts over the wedding. He would prefer a small one, something with friends and family, and that was it. He didn't want a huge one, but he would bit his tongue if that's what Gabrielle wanted.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Colton had asked Gabrielle how her day at work was, and Gabrielle smiled softly at him. She loved how he did that. It probably seemed simple and small to most woman, but it nice to see him take an interest in how her day had done. "It wasn't too bad. There was a lot of chaos but it wasn't on my floor thankfully. They even sent me home early. However, I'll admit...it's way too lonely without you as my work buddy." Gabrielle leaned forward and kissed him again. She was so happy he was hers and hers alone. Well, she needed to share him with Gavin, but that wasn't much of an issue because she loved Gavin just as much. Gabrielle was surprised to hear that Colton was ready to start planning for the wedding. For the longest time, Gabrielle wasn't sure if they would ever get to actually having the wedding. Colton kept putting off the plans for little reasons here and there. Gabrielle didn't mind that so much. He couldn't help it if family issues kept getting in the way of the both of them being together as husband and wife. But it kept happening so frequently that Gabrielle had begun to worry that a wedding just wasn't in the plans for the both of them. But now it would seem that Colton was the one wanting this to happen. "Gabrielle Kovac does have a nice ring to it. But are you sure that we;re actually ready for a wedding this time? I don't want you to start planning one if you're not ready still." Gabrielle was more than happy just being engaged to him. Or living with him and their beautiful son. But if that was what he wanted, Gabrielle was more than willing. It was every woman's dream to get married to the man of her dreams. Not to mention the idea of a wedding itself. Gabrielle was pretty excited, even if it was hard to tell on the outside.

"You can't help me choose a dress anyways. A man isn't supposed to see the dress until the wedding day, or something weird like that. So, no helping." Gabrielle muttered teasingly as she approached her fiance and son. The stack of magazines were tucked tightly in her hands. She sat down next to Colton and leaned into him. By opening the magazines she was pretty much telling him that she agreed to planning the wedding. Or at least trying to plan one. There was so much they had to discuss too. Like the wedding colors, the church, where the reception would be held at, the cake, and Gabrielle needed to find some to pick out a wedding dress. Colton couldn't assist her with that part but she would take in any inputs he had. Like if he hated those poofy princess dresses, then she probably wouldn't get one of those. "Gavin would be a perfect little ring bearer. Who do you have in mind for groomsmen? We...we have a lot we need to do. I'm exhausting thinking about it already!" How did people ever become wedding planners? That seemed like such a tasking job for only one day and night. Perhaps they should hire a wedding planner!? Or not. Gabrielle just didn't know!​
<i>
</i>

Colton was glad that she did not have too much to do, and the chaos was not on her floor. Colton didn't have to deal with many chaotic situations much during his time at work, because he was just lucky. Sometimes they had a hard time getting the baby out, or the baby was suffocating. Sometimes he had to live with having to deal with a stillborn or the mother dying before they could save her. Colton feared that would one day be Gabrielle, but so far Gabrielle proved herself to be healthy. And Gavin was proof that they could have children. "Well, you don't have to be lonely anymore since I am here now. I do feel the same way when I am working and you are at home." He was being rather honest, but he was just thinking about it, and saying what was on his mind since that was what he was used to. Colton always told Gabrielle what was on his mind, though when the wedding came on his mind today, she was no where to be found until she came home so that they could get to planning. Truth was, Colton was a little scared, but one would call that cold feet, and that was normal. He just didn't want to live the rest of his life in fear. Plus he loved Gabrielle, why would he be afraid? There was nothing, and eventually, the fear melted and he was completely ready to walk that aisle and stand, to wait for his bride. He shifted his brown eyes over to Gabrielle and he smiled, "I'm ready. I know I am. I'm pretty sure you are ready too. Kind of surprised you haven't hinted." Well, if she had, he did not notice it at all.

The healer almost frowned when she told him that he could not help on a dress. That was not really fair, because the superstition was that he could not see her in it, unless there was more than he knew. He was not really the expert on superstitions so he really did not see the point in following them. "Okay then, I'll leave that up to you. But I want you to remember, when you picture yourself in it, picture me taking it off." He was teasing her now too, with that smirk on his lips. Colton did not want to rip the dress afterward or anything like that. That would be really bad for her. She might want to keep it later for memories or something. It was not like she would be reusing it though. Colton looked over at Gavin and he agreed, their son would be perfect ring bearer. Colton could just imagine it now. "Gavin would look so handsome in a suit. So he would be a good ring bearer. Well, I have some old classmates I went to school with. I want Adrian, a close friend named Thanatos Van Alstyne, Lothar Litvack. He was one of my brother's friends. He was one of those that kept him in line. And finally, one that was a good friend but in trouble a lot, Lucius Verdelet. Don't get too tired thinking about it. I just want to get some people we know to come. We can get the theme and cake done tomorrow along with flowers. Just ideas first before setting it all up."

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Gabrielle was happy that Colton admitted to being ready. That was the last step they needed to take before tying the knot. Well that and actually planning the wedding, but that was the last step mentally. A girl was always ready for her wedding day. In most cases, it was something a girl thought of every day. Gabrielle would be lying if she tried to tell Colton that she hadn't been thinking about it a lot. Gabrielle returned the smile he had given her and leaned over to softly press her lips against his cheek. A small gesture of love in her mind. "As much as I wanted to hint, I knew that finding your sister was important to you. Throwing a wedding on top of that would have just stressed you out. Plus I know men generally don't like it when women get push about things involving commitment. I just wanted to make sure you were ready before I said anything." Gabrielle was displaying true patience by doing this. Being Colton's wife was something she had wanted badly, but not if she needed to push him into doing it. But now that he was ready, Gabrielle felt like she could be honest with him. It was hard for her not to be honest with him actually. "I'm not going to lie, I did think about it all the time though. You're such a bum for making a poor girl wait like this, Mr. Kovac." Gabrielle's pale lips curved up into a smile at the end, revealing that she had only been joking about calling him a bum. Unable to hold it in any longer, Gabrielle giggled. She had tried to be serious while saying it, but she just couldn't do it. The laughter lasted only a short moment before Gabrielle pulled herself back together. Now it was serious wedding discussion time.

Colton's comment about the wedding dress made her blush vaguely. Oh, their honeymoon. She had forgotten that newly wedded couples sometimes went on those. Not that Gabrielle was unaware of what would probably happen. Obviously enough, she and Colton had done it before. Gavin was solid proof of that one. A part if her was excited when Colton was like this, because it always surprised her when he was. "You better hope that I don't pick a really difficult dress to undo, or you're going to have one rotten night trying to get that off." He might even give up halfway if it was that difficult. Gabrielle smirked and leaned her head up against his broad shoulders. She was happy he already even had groomsmen in mind. Gabrielle had little idea of who to have as a bridesmaid except for Alyssa, and she worried that her sister would just show her up. "Mmm, okay. Tomorrow we'll head out to start working on our cake, our theme, flowers, and maybe even a date?" Gabrielle managed out despite her face being pressed up against his shoulder tightly. This was both exciting but exhausting at the same time, hopefully Colton would make it easier and not be too picky. Gabrielle herself wasn't what one would call a bridezilla, so she hoped her husband wasn't the male equivalence to one.​
<i>
</i>

After some months

Planning was finally complete, and Colton Kovac was ready for the wedding that was starting up within the next couple of minutes. The bad thing was, when he and Gabrielle went over to the church, Colton was completely ready, but the bad thing was, he managed to forget the wedding rings. How he managed to do that, one would never know. Colton went into his house, dressed in his tuxedo still, and he went to the bedroom where he found the rings. He pocketed them, and knew that their son was going to be handsome and cute while presenting these rings for his parents. It only took several months to get everything prepared, and then schedule a week off for the both of them. The wedding decorations took months to prepare and gather everything for, but he had seen everything, and he had approved. Gabrielle would love it too. Their wedding cake would be fantastic as well, with the two of them and a little boy to go on the bottom. Colton felt really bad, and he looked at the time to see that he better get his ass back to the church. There was some concerns of his, such as the guests not being very nice, or something or another. Thanatos had dressed in a tuxedo for him as well, and then there was the added bonus of his brothers and sisters, well, the ones that could come anyway. He was one of the older ones, with Adrian being older by a few months, and he was the second one to be getting married. One that beat him was Isabella, and her husband seemed nice and all. He didn't know them very well, but thought that they should be invited anyway. Colton needed to get to know his siblings more anyway. Even the ones that were going to be added into the family. Only he didn't want to invite a certain few. Gabrielle knew about that. He couldn't invite his parents. They both died.

He rushed out of his house, and Colton ran all of the way back to the church. Or toward it. He could not risk apparating while he was in a hurry. He often went to the wrong place when he was in a hurry while he was apparating. Luckily for him, the church was not far from here. Colton just needed to make it on time, or else Gabrielle would worry that he was not ready to be married. Sure, he had cold feet, but every person did when they were getting married, right? Colton also has been a little worried over Gabrielle lately. She seemed to have a bug, but judging by her symptoms, she might be pregnant. However he did not want to assume anything since she miscarried a lot, and it took a long time to just have Gavin. If she was pregnant though, she would probably tell him. That was the way he thought. He continued to run to the church, and he looked at his watch once more, and it was ten minutes before the ceremony was supposed to begin. His brown eyes looked up and he could see the church, and almost hear the music. He looked ahead of him once more, and then he managed to skid to a complete stop. Who he saw was not someone that he wanted to see, but someone else. He looked toward the entrance and he could see Thanatos there waiting with Adrian. Adrian motioned for him to hurry up, and Colton nodded to them, before he started to talk up to the entrance of the church, as he could not wait to be married to the woman of his dreams.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Kalina was unhappy to hear that Colton was getting married today. Even if she didn't love him, and he hated her, she didn't want him to be a married man. It would just ruin everything. There would never be a way for her to get him back then. Whatever it was that Gabrielle said to him, or did to him, it had him stuck to her like flies to sticky paper. Kalina wished she could figure out what it was that made her so damn special. Kalina knew girls like Gabrielle. Little snotty brats that were pampered like they were queens or something. Kalina wanted to see that woman land on her ass just this once. Gabrielle apparently she thought was all high and mighty just because she had Colton by her side. Kalina hated to rain on her parade, but the attention of a man was subjective. Unless you did something to keep their attention, you never know who could come along and snatch them up. Kalina wondered what it would take for Colton to realize that Gabrielle would wind up being another one of them boring housewives, or that she was all wrong for him. Kalina had a secret of Gabrielle's that might just stir up some fun and drama for her too. It would be such a shame if the wedding fell through because of something she said.

"Congrats on getting married Colton, you look so happy." Kalina smirked as she approached him. He did look handsome, and very happy. But was it true happiness or did he just want to appear as if he was happy so everyone would just leave him alone? "So, before I let you go in there and do this, there's something I think you should know. About your fiancee." Kalina put her hand on his shoulder and tried to make sure he was paying attention to her and only to her. The last time she had had an interaction with Colton over Gabrielle, they were only dating. The second time, Gabrielle wasn't around, but she had been hearing that Gabrielle was pregnant. Did she ever have that baby? Maybe that little brunette boy that was running around playing with toy trains today was Colton's son. He looked like him. "I heard your beloved as I was walking by her dressing room today. Apparently, you're going to be a father again. But she has no intention of telling you for some reason. Kind of sounds like she has cold feet to me." Kalina mumbled. Of course, she left out the fact that she didn't stick around to hear the reasoning, of it what Gabrielle was saying was really true or not. Kalina figured that it had to be something bad though if she wanted to keep it from him.​
<i>
</i>

Colton really needed to be at the alter and waiting. He was several minutes late. He really did not want to have to deal with Kalina’s bull crap right now anyway. She was ten cases of trouble, and he wanted nothing to do with her. If she was going to try to get in the way of him getting married, then she was sorely mistaken. Colton was no fool. She congratulated him on getting married, but he was sure that she was not sincere. She was bound to try to lie or do something that would attempt to cause him some sort of issue with Gabrielle, which would never happen. He once threw her out of his office, he would not mind punching her in the face to get her to leave him alone. She was in the way of him, and he was about to shove her out of his way. "Cut the crap, Kalina. Get to the point and fast. I am seriously late enough as is." Adrian had gone back inside, but Thanatos was lingering outside of the building, keeping an eye on Colton in case ne needed back up. Colton knew that Thanatos would be almost lethal to set loose on Kalina but boy, it was definitely a good idea. Colton was definitely thinking of it. However he needed to worry about his wedding, and not Kalina. That was the last thing to worry about.

As soon as Kalina made contact with his shoulder, with her hand, he just wanted to go wash himself off in bleach and lighter fluid. She had something that he should know about his fiancée so he sighed and humored her. He did smack her hand right off of him. He did not want her to touch him. After all, he was not about to let her taint him. So he gave her a look as if telling her to continue. He hoped that whatever she had, was a lie. In fact, he was positive that she was. She normally was one hell of a liar. Then she spoke of how Gabrielle was talking about not telling him that she was pregnant. Rolling his eyes, he knew that her pregnancy had nothing to do with their marriage, their wedding. "Are you stupid? I have suspicions she was pregnant with her mood and her behavior lately. Her being pregnant has nothing to do with cold feet for our marriage. Now speak to me again, and you’ll choke on your own throat." His voice was as cold as ice. He shoved past her and walked into the building, hurrying up to the alter and gesturing to everyone that he was around. He gave the rings to his son, because he was a ring bearer. The music about to play, and everything was ready. He told Thanatos to tell the guys up front to keep Kalina out of the building.

Gabrielle Snow was in the midst of getting ready to become Mrs. Gabrielle Kovac. Never did she think that she would one day be married, especially to someone as wonderful as Colton was. Especially since they didn't have the perfect relationship. Like every couple they had their own complications and problems. Especially the fight they had some time ago because Colton refused to take the next step and tell her that he loved her. But now that this was all in the past and they were engaged, they normally argued on smaller things, like work hours, what to have for dinner, or sometimes even smaller things like who got to pick what TV show they watched that night. When Gabrielle was younger she thought she needed to marry someone who was absolutely perfect. But now that she was older she knew that Colton's flaws were what made him so wonderful in her eyes. How he would be a total workaholic at time, but still tried to sneak in a moment or two for his family. Or how he could be really serious from time to time, but try to crack a smile when he noticed that it was really bothering Gabrielle. He was a good man, and Gabrielle had no idea how she could get so lucky when it came to finding him. He had been the perfect fiance and dad, and now he was going to become the perfect husband too. "Ouch! Watch it with the pins!" Gabrielle hissed as she felt her sister accidentally stab her in the head with a pin as she tried to finish perfecting her hair. Gabrielle was honestly more nervous about the news she had for Colton after the wedding, than the actual wedding itself. Mostly because she had no idea how he would respond to the idea of a new baby.

Gabrielle was told by her sister that the wedding was about to begin so she needed to go out there, but the sound of yelling brought all the women in the room to an abrupt stop. Gabrielle tense and eyed the the door nervously. It was fairly easy for her to tell that it was Colton, but who was he yelling at? Gabrielle couldn't take it anymore, and pulled herself out of the chair she had been sitting in. Whether or not she wasn't supposed to be seen until the wedding had started, she wanted to make sure Colton was okay! But the other women in the room blocked her from leaving, insisting that it was all going to be okay. Gabrielle sighed. As much as she wanted to shove them out of the way, she knew that they had a point. The yelling at ceased, so maybe it was just Colton getting rowdy with his buddies or something? Not even a couple of minutes later, everything appeared to be back on track and Gabrielle was being ushered out of the room and out into the aisle of the church. Gabrielle felt all eyes on her, and bit her lip. Ah she hated being stared at. Gabrielle slowly paced her way past the pews until she reached at the altar. Once she was there and was able to join hands with Colton, the wedding began. But instead of listening to the painfully long wedding readings, Gabrielle leaned over. "Why were you yelling?" She whispered, wanting answers and wanting them now. Even if the wedding had begun, and Colton knew how stubborn she could be, so she hoped he wouldn't try to tell her that it was nothing. Gabrielle knew better than that.

Finally, the ceremony could begin. Colton looked to the groomsmen which were Thanatos and Adrian. He could not choose the best man, but figured that they both were in their own right. Colton was just relieved to have everyone he wanted there, and his eyes looked to find Isabella and some of his siblings in the crowd. It was nice to have a few of them there anyway. He could see Lucius and Lothar as well, both of whom Colton was friends with, but not particularly close. What he found to be funny was the fact that he even went to school with a Snow. Antoine. Colton could remember him, and boy he was kind of weird even back then. But that was Gabrielle's cousin. Colton never brought this up for good reasons too. There was no reason to say that he knew of Antoine Snow, since he was a wanted man. Colton would have invited him, but he did not want anyone to be frightened. Then again, he was sure that Thanatos was just as bad, if not worse. Whatever, right now he had to push all of the negative thoughts of Kalina out of his head, since she was nothing to him. Not even the dirt under his shoes. Colton heard the music, and then his brown eyes drifted down the aisle until they washed over the elegance and the loveliness that was Gabrielle Snow, soon to be Kovac. She looked stunning, and the anger he once held melted away. He had told the staff to keep a list of people out of the church, for his sanity. If one asked right now, he would not be able to even speak in complete sentences. She just looked like an angel. She could be a Veela because of her beauty. It was the most amazing thing in the world.

The walk down the altar just took as long, and soon she joined hands with him. He looked to the priest that started the wedding up with rather traditional words. It was hard to listen to them while his focus was on Gabrielle. However Gabrielle leaned over and asked why he was yelling. Colton raised his eyebrows, while he was sure that she wouldn't be able to hear it, but apparently he was wrong. Colton sighed and knew that she would pause the whole wedding if he tried to keep it from her. He whispered back, "It was Kalina trying to ruin our wedding. She said that you were pregnant and bent on keeping it from me. I told her I already suspected, since I am a healer and a midwife. So I yelled, and made sure staff keeps that...witch away." He had to make sure to censor what he was saying, since he was in a holy place. Colton hated bringing her name up and gave her a silent plea from his eyes to urge her to wait to talk about it later, so that they could get married. This was his dream. He needed this to happen. The priest went on to speak, and then asked for the vows. Colton sighed and he recited his which were from the heart, and hoped that they were enough to take her mind off of everything. He could not wait to hear hers. He smiled down at her, and could not wait until he got to kiss her at the end of the ceremony, then he would officially have a wife. This was the best moment of his life after all.

Gabrielle wasn't fully satisfied with the answer Colton had given her. First of all, why was Kalina even here? Second, so did Colton already know that she was pregnant again or was he unsure? Gabrielle desperately wished that that stupid b*tch didn't have to go and ruin her wedding like this. Gabrielle opened her mouth to protest, but it would see as if Colton didn't want to talk about it. Not that she blamed him, it was their wedding day and they were supposed to be happy and carefree about it. Gabrielle wondered if she should have told Colton sooner when it came to the baby. But she was so scared that if she did and something were to happen, that it would break his heart. Plus she wanted it to be told at a time where there was no stress. Planning the wedding and getting ready was so stressful, even on Colton. If he were to find out that there was another baby on the way, he'd likely get ten times as stressed out. Gabrielle wanted this day to be as magical as possible, and then on their honeymoon she would tell him the news. Which she was sure he would be as happy as she was to find out. He was such an amazing father to Gavin, how could he deny having another baby. Especially now that they were officially married, they were going to be an actual family. Gabrielle had even practiced saying her new name in the mirror a few times.

Gabrielle let her mind wander off, but then the vows came, and Gabrielle felt her heart ache every time she heard Colton say something to her. He was too sweet sometimes! If Gabrielle could jump him now and cuddle with him, she totally would! But that might rip her dress, and she wanted to keep this for awhile. Then it came time for Gabrielle to recite her own vows. She kept hers simple and short, but easily just as sweet. Colton knew how she felt, even if her vows weren't super spectacular. Now Gabrielle just couldn't wait for that damned kiss, and then she wouldn't have to call herself his fiancee anymore, then she'd be his wife!

Colton figured that Gabrielle would not be fully satisfied with his answer but right now was definitely not the time to be focusing on Kalina and making their wedding about her. It was all about them. It had always been about them. And this wedding was no different. Although right now he was concerned over the health of their new child on the way, for now, they would just have to get married and deal with that in the morning - or after their honeymoon. He was planning on asking Ariah and Leviathan to watch after Gavin so that they could have one. Colton listened to her vows once she stated them, and though they were simple, they were sweet and he knew just how she felt and that was all that mattered. The priest continued on with the ceremony, and the two saying "I do." There was no hesitation from either of them since both wanted this more than life itself. Colton wanted her to be his wife, and not just a fiancee. When the priest finally said the golden words, "With the power given to me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss-" Colton did not even let him finish it before he gently pulled Gabrielle in for a tender kiss. "-the bride," the priest finished uncertainly. Colton could not even hear the others clapping and cheering as Colton continued to kiss Gabrielle, almost behaving like he was going to take her right then and there on the floor, in front of everyone. But he pulled away, his lungs starving for air, and he smiled at her. He reached wrapped his arm around her tiny waist, and gently led her down the aisle to go enjoy their cake and listen to Adrian fantasize about his own, impossible wedding.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back