Over the Edge

Nicolette Styx

OOC First Name
Jessye
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Nicolette could never admit that she was any good at making the right decisions in her life, and right now was moments that proved she was far from ever being that way. Sometime within the past couple of weeks she had decided that she was going to finally stop trying to avoid her past and come to terms that the only way she was ever going to live happily was if she faced James herself. The moment she decided this she knew there was going to be a chance that he ended up killing or even severely hurting her like he had done a few times before, but she was willing to accept whatever fate she had to meet tonight. With one last kiss to both her husband and her children she decided it was best if she left out where she was going so she didn't risk any of their lives by having them come along.

Nicolette's Clothes blew around in the breeze as she finally made her way up to the top of this cliff like area they were on. For some odd reason James was very specific in where he wanted to meet her and she had no other choice but to just agree, after all this was only supposed to be a confrontation and it shouldn't matter all that much should it? 'Guys I am so sorry..' Nicolette wanted to tell her best friends, and her new family about this but she couldn't utter word because she loved them all too much to ever do something like that and risk their lives. Thats right, it had taken her so long to realize it but she finally figured out that he had lied the whole time when he told her there was no such thing as love because from what she had seen there was. Nicolette loved her friends, her children, and by god she thought was falling for that husband of hers too. "This is it..." She sighed and rubbed her eyes to make sure none of her tears had leaked out of her eyes as she thought about all the people she didn't want to leave, this was it and she was going to face this man no matter what happened now, no matter what the outcome was.

Night had not yet fallen over the horizon, allowing the green eyed, blonde haired woman to easily follow her best friend. Dusk provided enough light to see the myriad emotions cross Niccy's expressive face, each one filling Cecily's heart with dread and fear. Damn you, why didn't you tell him? Why are you trying to face him alone? She had had a sinking feeling in her stomach for weeks, ever since she had the misfortune of meeting that despicable man named James. An inauspicious name for the man who called himself Nicolette's father, a title that monster could never truly claim.

"Niccy! Wait!" Cecily jogged up to her, dressed in warmer clothing than her friend. Her green eyes regarded her with worry and fear. "What are you doing?" Although she asked the question, she knew they both knew exactly what she meant. Why would Niccy put everything on the line, to face down James?

Nicolette wheeled around and looked at Cecily with shocked and widened golden eyes that her friend actually had the stupidity to come after her when she fully explained to Cecily that it was none of her business to be here. "Cecily?! What are you doing here?" She hissed in a bitter but worried tone, even if she was upset that Cecily didn't listen to her she was worried for her friend being there when Nicolette knew there might be some violence involved in this confrontation with her and James, she knew right away that he was probably going to do his best to take her down while he still could and he'd take down Cecily if she was in his way.

"What does it look like I'm doing, dealing with James like I should have years ago." She bit out, almost not able to breath as she suddenly thought about once again leaving behind the ones loved if she was killed during this. It would be even worse if Cecily had to watch Nicolette getting beat down and eventually her demise by someone who caused so much pain to people around the world. "You should leave while you still can." Was the only thing she could mutter before she wiped away some tears that were starting to fall as she began to think about how much she didn't want to do this thing right now. Nicolette wanted to laugh with her best friends again, see her babies grow up, and be with her husband once again without having to worry about something like this.

"Think about what you're doing Niccy." Cecily grasped her friend's hand, imploring her with widened eyes and an open, concerned face. "He could kill you...come back home. Tell Kalif, let them handle him. You know they can. Asparuh alone could reduce him to a pile of ashy boots. Please Niccy." She didn't know if anything she said or did could help persuade her at all. Niccy had always been stubborn, especially if she thought it were something that she had to do. Which she could understand but not this time. Never this time. She couldn't lose her best friend, not when Niccy had so much going for her now.

Nicolette quickly furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to keep all the things that Cecily said to moments ago her out of her head before she changed her mind and run away from him again like she had done so many times in her past, she was tired of running and was ready to face him and possibly destroy him if she could manage. "Cecily, I love him...I don't want him to get hurt. I don't want anyone to get hurt." Nicolette confessed her feelings for him to her friend wondering if it was worth it to say those words so close to her possible death. If they got involved that's what would happen to them, he would tear them all apart as quickly and beastly as he could to prove his point. James had no heart in that old body of his, not even for his family so that made it a lot easier for him to kill even the most innocent of people that he was supposed to love and care for.

"I need to stop running, I'll probably die but at least that means I stopped being afraid of him." She stated as she turned to finally face her friend. A large tear fell from one of her golden eyes and down her cheek. Why was everyone trying to make this so hard on her, the longer he took to show up the more it made her want to leave and just let everyone else deal with him.

James laughed darkly as he stepped from the shadows that had kept him hidden for so long as he listened to the conversation of two of the woman down below, he thought it was so cute how one of the was actually trying to talk Nicolette out of this which was going to be far from happening to her right now. "Love, ha don't make me laugh Nicolette." He stated darkly as he walked out of the shadows even further and looked at the two of them as he stepped in front in them, cane in hand and looking just as agitated as ever. He was fully prepared that night to walk away with her dead and himself free of her and her wretched family.

"I hope you've said goodbye to your family, because if all ends well you will be dead in the end of this." James pulled a knife out of his pocket and let it gleam in the night, he was so ready for this that he could almost taste the blood, the hate, and the fear that he would establish after tonight. He eyes travelled to Cecily monetarily before he rolled his eyes and started to step towards Nicolette.

"Don't you understand damn it?" she raised her voice, upset that Niccy wouldn't listen to reason at all. She would have said more, could have tried harder, until she realized the moment had passed. The moment that Cecily had tried to prevent, had sought to shield her friend from, was at hand. Turning, she backed up until she was a few feet beside Niccy. The gleam of the blade caught her eye then the murderous look in the maniac's eyes. "Leave her alone," she snarled, going for her wand. Normally Cecily was a hair trigger, her wand in her hand before another could blink, something she'd been reprimanded from many about. This time she was over taken before the wood could fully leave its sheath. She felt it fall, tumble, scatter into the darkness. She had no time to go for it, no time to push Niccy out of the way. No time to save herself, before she felt the cold bite of steel gouge deep in the back of her leg. She could no more stop from crying out than she could from collapsing onto the ground. She held her leg, feeling the hot pulse of her dark red blood gush from her body.

Nicolette's heart was pounding the whole time James was making his way over to her with the knife in hand, the word he said to her before didn't really register because once again the fear took over her body and she let fear take over her. When James was close enough to stab her she thought it was pretty time for her to get her head into the game, but Cecily had to be the biggest fool of the year and get in his way once again. "CECILY!" Nicolette cried as she watched the blade sink into her leg and blood gush from her best friend legs in horror. Without a second thought she pulled out her wand and wordlessly sent the reducto spell right at James and watched as he flew back away from her.

"Alright James, I'm done dealing with your sh*t." Nicolette quickly turned to Cecily and gave her a look that clearly said she needed to stay out of the way and as soon as she possibly could, however from the damage of that cut it looked like it might have caused some damage to her and such, as soon as this was over Nicolette would heal her and such...if she could.

The blond woman known as Cecily just had to get in his way again and cause him to have to deal with her by using his knife, as the blood leaked from her leg and onto his knife he grinned. Oh how he missed the sight and smell of blood from the people he used as victims all those years ago, it seemed to long so it was amazing to freshen up his memories up a bit. "Gah!" when Nicolette shot him back with a spell slightly the knife still managed to stay clutched in his hand and he was soon finding himself colliding softly with the ground before he had to push himself back up to stare at her angrily. "If you really say so, daughter dearest." He got himself standing back up and cleaned off Cecily's blood, whether or not Nicolette would actually be able to handle this or not did not matter to him, she was going to regret coming here this night.

The fighting had lasted enough for James to not only become tired and weak but long enough for Nicolette to also cause some injuries as well. She had managed to hit his shoulder, legs, and possibly cause him some slight head injuries from getting knocked around a bit. 'When she became more skilled in fighting is such a mystery to me.' He breathed in heavily, Nicolette was far more injured than he was and he was sure within a few more hits he would have her out and done. Stepping forward he clutched the knife carefully and stared nervously as he watched Nicolette struggle to keep standing.

"It's been such a pleasure teaching you and watching you grow, but I just can't risk you being around any longer. Say hi to your parents in h*ll for me." With one last sick smile he used his arm to move it forward and stab the knife he had been holding right into her stomach as far as he could without worrying about getting to too close. He aimed well enough and close enough to figured that from this point she would probably bleed to death. There was no way she would survive the hit her gave to her, he just knew it. When he pulled the knife out, not even cringing when he heard snapping noises, he turned to Cecily and gave her one last smile. "I hope you won't be too bitter about watching your friend die." He said almost as if he were sad but deep down he knew he wasn't and turned to walk away. He would just leave Cecily there so she could watch her friend die.

During the fight James had managed to cut her up, beat her, and cause enough injuries to make it hard for her to heal and recover herself quickly. But she wasn't going to give up just yet, even if she was sure that tattoo would probably react or something to the high amount of stress she was feeling in her body, she could barely stand and keep her breath even because she was so tired and sore from the fighting. "Cut the crap old man.." Was the only thing she muttered to him as he made his way to her, as she tried to back up from him he quickly caught up to her and wrapped his arm around her back to stop her from moving back any further. Just as she was about to pull her wand out again she suddenly felt the worst pain in her stomach that she had ever felt, it felt like something of the very worst nightmare's. Her eyes glanced down and widened when she saw a knife being forced into her abdomen as far as James could shove it. "Wh-wha." She couldn't speak because as soon as she tried to her mouth and throat filled up with blood as she felt like her inside's were being torn inside out. Blood spilled from the wound and as soon as he pulled the knife out she felt her legs grow weak and her body fall to the ground as she tried to get over the shock and the pain.

Nicolette knew she wasn't going to die, she could heal herself and her intense wounds as long as James left her alone long enough for her to at least close up the gash in her stomach. However as much as she wanted to tell Cecily she wasn't dead or dying she couldn't if she not only wanted to live but keep her throat from filling with blood again. 'I just have to buy my time and make him think I was dead.' She thought to herself as she tried to think of a plan for her to do something with her being this injured because she knew she wouldn't be able to fix an internal damages any time soon.

Cecily fought through the pain, battled back the nausea but was still too late to do anything. "Niccy," she whimpered, belly crawling toward her slowly. James and Niccy's battle had been fierce, brutal and there was nothing Cecily could do to help or to stop it. Tears tracked down her dirt streaked face, too late, she was too late. Was she dead? James passed her, his words like another dagger tearing her open. "You're nothing but a disgusting coward."

Without another word, James clenched his fists together and turned around with eyes more fierce and fiery than anyone had ever seen them before, now that Nicolette was 'dead' he had nothing more to worry about, what would it matter if he killed another. Swiftly striding over to her he grabbed her neck and lifted her into the air before he yanked her closer to the edge of the cliffs and away from the pool of blood Nicolette was making so he wouldn't get it all over his shoes. "You haven't seen a true coward yet, b*tch." He squeezed his hands around her throat even more tightly as he wanted so badly to suffocate her, at least one of them was dead and unable to bother him now.

After watching Nicolette closely, and he thought about her departure. She had kissed the children good-bye, and it was awfully...infuriating. The eyes, those golden eyes haunted Kalif's mind. Sneering, he realized what exactly was going on. That ***** thinks she is going to abandon those twins, she'll wind up dead much faster than Namina ever did. And I'll dismember her myself. He made Vasilka come and watch the children, as he gathered the traveling robes, put on his weapon, and he went to the Zhefarovich Manor to find out where the woman had gotten to. Arriving, Kalif didn't bother telling Asparuh what was going on, but simply said, "Hunting." Kalif smirked a bit when he located her, and found Cecily at the same location.

That alone brought back memories of the two *****es. Kalif turned and he disapparated and when he arrived at the location, Kalif narrowed his eyes at Nicolette on the ground. It was a bit too dark to see the blood, but what Kalif did see was some old creeper holding Cecily up by the throat. Kalif started toward him, as the dangers of hell were swarming in his eyes and the professor disguise was long gone now.

James was about to ask Cecily if she too wanted to meet the blade of Mr. Knife like Nicolette had but the moment he opened he mouth he felt a presence even more dark and full of hatred than his was. He turned his head and immediately recognized the man from the description that Alexander had written in his letters, it was none other than Kalif Styx or rather the husband of his now dead adoptive daughter. He had been clearly warned in his letters to watch out for this guy and suddenly felt like like he needed to get away and fast. "Oh sh*t." Was the only words he muttered from his mouth as his grip tightened around Cecily's neck even more if possible, he was going to have to actually kill her too if he wanted to get the last laugh over this all.

"Oh my, seems Alexander was right in his letters..Kalif Styx seems to be possessing one heck of an evil aura." He laughed almost wickedly at the very thought of being in the presence of a man who apparently had committed just about as much evil as Nicolette and James had done himself, in fact if he didn't hate Nicolette, pure bloods, and Death Eaters as much he would probably have left the man alone and her alone as well. His eyes shifted to Cecily for a moment before he looked at the advancing man once more. "With Nicolette dead, I no longer have a use for you. So long Cecily." Giving Kalif an almost sly smirk he released Cecily's throat only to shove her off the cliff with a strong and violent shove. There would be no way she could be saved now. The woman would be left to tumble to her death down below, two woman dead and now it was only the man to deal with before he could go back to Russia in peace.

This was a bit much for Kalif to wrap his head around. But when he saw Cecily fall, the only thing he had to think was: save her, or else Prodan was going to be bothering him over Cecily's possible death. Kalif growled but now even James was in danger. Having speed to his advantage, Kalif's left hand with the weapon on it wrapped around the older man's throat. The pointed metal dug into the flesh, and Kalif was beyond any hope of being reasoned with. After watching a sister being shoved off of a cliff and being reminded of Dorothee and Namina, Kalif was extremely close to having as much anger and the wrath of hell in him as Asparuh had when he discovered Nataliia's pregnancy. Kalif's grip was strong, almost too strong. It was strong enough to make someone gasp for breath, and make them see death.

And right now, Kalif was the Grim Reaper. He had killed many, so many people, mostly Aurors and mudbloods. Kalif didn't care who he killed. It was possible that he even killed other pure-bloods. There was hardly any discrimination in Kalif's eyes. Those who were weak needed to be killed off, and looks as though this man known as James is the weakest link. If anyone were to be in their right mind, they would be shaking in their boots. Kalif rarely, if ever, revealed so much anger and power as he did right now. He would not ever grant mercy, especially in this condition. "You should have stayed away from my family if you were smart enough to think about your own life. You are lucky you are handling me, and not my father." Kalif towered over him, and used the strength he had to attempt to force James on his knees. "With either of us, the fate is sealed, and your time is over, just like Alexander's. I sent my own son after him, and it appears you are going to die a worse fate than he did."

While being forced on his knees by Kalif, James did nothing but stare at him coldly and he struggled to breath and keep his composure from the pain that was being caused by Kalif's grip. The news of who really killed his brother brought such shock to his system that his eyes widened and his wand went to to grip Kalif's wrist, if the man didn't move it soon James would have no choice but to try and snap it. "Why would you have reason to kill my brother?" James asked coldly, he had thought of many reasons why Nicolette would have killed him but could think of absolutely no reason why someone like him could or even would want to kill Alexander for any purposes. Now he wanted nothing more than to kill Kalif and watch him bleed to death right along with Nicolette over there, those filthy inbreds deserved nothing more than a bloody death.

"Your Family, don't make me laugh. Nicolette and those babies of hers will technically always belong to me." He sneered angrily as his grip on Kalif's wrist tightened greatly and his anger increased heavily, he had nearly forgotten that before he left he was suppose to visit with his grandchildren once before he decided what was to be done with him. "Nicolette had left to fight me, and only for that reason because if she hadn't she knew her children and you would have been on line instead." He could feel his voice beginning to crack as he tried to speak clearly and still remain cold sounding without thinking about the harm and tests he could have preform on those two little babies if he had gotten his hands on them, they would have been perfect subjects for him to use because twins and descendants of pure bloods were always interesting subjects. Just as he was about to say something else he heard a groan and the sound of movement feet away form him and turned his head to see Nicolette was now on her stomach and was moving around a little. 'She's still alive?!' James was at loss for words as he witnessed her continuing to struggle and get up, obviously she was still injured from the evident pool of blood and the amount that was still dripping from the wound. "Dear god, don't you ever die?!" He released Kalif's wrist only to reach down and pull out his wand, she was like one of those bugs that she kept coming back no matter how many times you tied to kill her off. As he lifted his wand and readied himself to fire a killing curse at her. "After I kill her off, your next, then your nasty inbred children would be." He hissed knowing that this was getting all too high strung for him to deal with and he wanted to just leave and be done wit New Zealand.

"Your pathetic excuse for a brother seemed to have gotten his idiocy from you. A Zhefarovich never needs a reason to kill, they just do. I had many reasons, personally. He claimed my children, and he got on my nerves," growled the Death Eater. Kalif rolled his eyes and he stated in a cold, monotone voice, "Your possessions of people are inferior. You see, when someone enters the family, they are owned by either the Patriarch or the Head. You have no say in what happens to Nicolette, anymore. You no longer have a say in anything. Those children, they are under the protection of the Zhefarovich family, and you will never see them nor have a chance to lay a finger on them; if I decide to let you live, then you will find yourself screaming while being tore apart by my bear hands."

Kalif glanced down at the wand that James has pulled out and Kalif glared at him in the eyes. "My point of your own lack of intelligence has once more surfaced. If you had pulled out a killing curse against me, and successfully taken my life - which you wouldn't, I'm sure - then you would have easily killed Nicolette with myself out the way. Learn the meaning of inbred, lowlife scum, as you will fall to your death." Kalif thought that people like this needed to be taught a lesson before meeting with death and taking a pleasant journey straight to Hell. Kalif tightened his grip, to increase the blood flowing on his hand and to cut off circulation of air. "You are the most pathetic creature I have ever seen in my life. This so-called 'fear' you installed in Nicolette, killing off many pure-bloods when you haven't touched any of the Zhefarovich descendants, nor those pure-bloods brought in except for Nicolette. It is really pathetic to focus on just one family, isn't it. I'll save you the trouble."

Kalif's lips curled into a deadly, demonic smirk. "Enjoy your afterlife with your brother, sorry excuse for a human. I hope the ninth circle of Hell is open for even the most stupid, moronic and ignorant men such as yourself." With that, Kalif used his strength to shove the old man over the edge. Kalif stood up straight and he peered over the edge of the cliff. If he could feel compassion, then he would be 'grieving' over Cecily. So far, two people, possibly, are dead. Possibly three maybe. Kalif turned around to glare at Nicolette. Though Kalif had just killed, knowing that the body would be too mangled to trace back to him, and if it did, Kalif would just claim that it was out of impulse trying to save Cecily. Kalif pulled out his wand, conjured a glass bottle, used a spell to make it into a portkey. With a toss, he tossed it toward Nicolette. "Take yourself to the hospital," the voice Kalif used was uncaring, and colder than anything than most have ever heard, very much like his father.

Nicolette had been struggling to keep conciousness but slipped in and out of it occasionally as she tried to keep herself still breathing and healing herself as quickly as she could. The moment she heard what sounded like Kalif's voice her golden eyes shot open as she suddenly tried to remember what had happened over the past who knows how long, all she could remember was fighting with James and suddenly waking up here face-first on the ground. "Ack." She saw Kalif toss a glass bottle her way, his voice sounding probably the coldest she had ever heard, blood still filled her her throat and she immediately sat up to spit it out onto the ground, it's ruby red color stood out extremely well against the color of the grass.

"Oh, sh*t." Nicolette pushed herself up, the wound was already beginning to heal itself quite nicely despite how deep it was and the amount of scarring she knew it would go through before it was ever fully healed. Once standing she noticed the pool of blood that had surrounded the area she was in before she noticed how bloody everything else was, had she really just survived being attacked by James? Her golden eyes tried to locate Cecily and James, but neither of them seemed to be anywhere in sight. Perhaps James had left the area to avoid the risk of being killed. "Kalif, where is Cecily?" She demanded, not wanting to step over to him but still wanting to make sure her friend was okay and such because if she remembered correctly than Cecily had been injured by James earlier on. "Better yet, why are you even here?" Why was he here when Cecily wasn't, did someone send for him or was he following her too. It was all just weird and she could easily say his aura did not make her feel comfortable right now.

"James shoved her off the cliff. Whether or not she is dead or not is out of my hands. James went off the cliff as well after some assistance from myself." Kalif answered in a state that did not lessen from his tone before. Kalif had the harshest glare, and it resembled much hatred in his onyx eyes. Never had he shown this much emotion just by means of his eyes, nor had anyone seen this amount of hatred unless others have seen what his father was capable of showing. The aura he possessed did not lighten, and Kalif glanced his hands into fists. Folding his arms across his chest, he uttered, "If you are stupid enough to stay here and die, then do it. I am not going to waste my time anymore with you. I came here to kill you, if you want the honest answer. You went out and abandoned your own damn children, and almost got yourself killed. To think that I even bothered allowing you in my home. I lived through it once, with the mother leaving the children without a mother just like that cursed Namina. Then you came along."

Kalif was not expressing anything but utter hatred right now. Nothing phased him. Nothing could. Just the harsh memories of reliving the past came, and it completely and utterly wiped out any sort of fondness he could have been developing toward Nicolette. "Kailie thought of you like a mother. And you decided to leave her just like her own bloody mother!" Kalif was close to shouting, but he kept his voice at an easy tone so it won't tire him out. Kalif was not going to go through with it. Not again, not now. A divorce came to mind so he wouldn't have to kill her, but he didn't know which would be the easiest. Probably just letting her die. At least he would have a legitimate explanation to tell the younger children. Nicolette died, instead of abandoning them to make them feel like utter crap. "I don't want you around the children anymore, or even in my house; do so against this and I will personally wring your neck." Kalif didn't want her around anymore. She had pulled off the one thing that no one should have ever done.

If the very thought that one of her best friends being possibly dead wasn't enough to break her heart, the words that her very own husband said to her would have done the trick. He was comparing her to Namina and wasn't even going to allow her to see her children anymore, that was definitely enough to pretty much step on her heart over and over and over again. "Wait, so I can't even see you guys again?" Her golden eyes were wide and possibly tearing up but she couldn't tell because she was in so much shock at his words and how angry he must have been right now to do this. Of course she said you guys because she cared just as much for him as she did the children, so the thought of not being around to see them was enough. On top of that her heart was aching to go search for Cecily, who didn't deserve any of this at all. 'Oh dear god Cecily please tell me your alright.' Her whole body felt numb, she was losing all the people she loved once again. James must have been right then, she didn't deserve never would she witness love because it was nothing but a lie that people tried to believe to make themselves feel better about being alone.

"I'm not Namina, because I was going to come back to all of you. Do you think I'd actually leave you all behind?!" This was probably the first time she had actually felt anger towards Kalif, it wasn't even real anger either. Nicolette was just hurt and felt like her heart was broken because she lost her best friend and her family was being taken from her, because she knew she couldn't just walk in because he would kill her just like he said. "I'm sorry then.." She wouldn't argue or try to nudge her way back into the house or his life because she knew he would get angry and possibly try to kill her even faster. And Nicolette knew for a fact that if she couldn't see them anymore she would definitely having trouble staying in New Zealand then because she would always be tempted to see then. Not being able to say anything else to him without breaking down or doing something dumb, she turned around and wiped the blood off of her mouth. Maybe just some time away would allow Kalif to calm down, and until then she would just go away for a little while and let herself cool off as well, maybe write to him and others a little but just remain alone for a bit. Starting to walk away her first business was to find Cecily, if there was one person she could always rely on was her friend, but she had to know if she was alive or no before she did anything.

"Yes. The expression you had in your eyes, it had the answers. I've known you long enough. If you were any smarter, then you would have let others handle the situation, but instead, you were bleeding on the ground, waiting for Death. I can really see you coming back, in a body bag that is." Kalif shook his head as she actually agreed or even try to change his mind. So let the tests begin. Kalif turned his back on her, and he wondered where Cecily was, and if she was all right. He would be lying if he wasn't worried over her own sake. Let's just hope that the new Headmaster is as easy to take out as Cecily obviously was... Kalif didn't care if she was dead or not. Cecily, though she was his sister, she was also a threat.

Whether or not Kalif would let Nicolette back into the house was beyond him. His thoughts were coming back rationally, and right now, she would have to prove herself that she was a committed mother. Kalif was true to his threat, but for how long before he removes it. The only thoughts were he had been through this once, and he didn't have to go through it again. Kalif apparated back to the Styx Manor, without another word said, and to make arrangements for someone to watch the children while he is at school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back