Outsmart

Chase Crawley

OOC First Name
Sally
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Swishy Acacia Wand with Manticore Venom Core
It had been a while since Chase got to visit Mahoutoroko, the Japanese were strict and were very study oriented. Chase's mother thought it would be best for him to experience different culture. Chase's attitude had began to be more like his father and his mother didn't want that, Mahoutoroko wasn't making it any better hence he got sent off to Durmstrang. Japan brought memories to Chase, he used to have a study buddy who was a muggle born. She was intelligent and extremely ambitious just like his sister, Audrey. He sighed as he became sentimental. Chase opened his biology book that his father requested him to read and started to flip the pages. The bench was all his and he liked it that way. Once Chase touches a book, his mind focuses on it. His ears got to block all the noise that people could make, actually most of the Crawleys were able to do that.

Sun-Ming was still dressed in her uniform that day as she left classes. It was a wonderful day to do studying outside, to sit at a bench and just read. Or perhaps to collect rocks. Since participating in her muggle studies class had become regular for the black haired girl, she'd become more excited to collect her rocks. They'd just gone over a section about geology, a career she knew was meant for her. Sunny had spoken to her adviser about the prospects of perhaps becoming a magical related geologist as well as muggle, and the meeting had gone well. For the first time in a few months the teen felt she had her schooling life figured out fairly well.

Sunny made her way easily to the outside seating area. She found that many benches were taken. Some by couple holding hands ad talking - some by students sharing foods. None of them were people Sunny was comfortable with and she looked down for a moment, wondering if perhaps she should just study indoors. However she'd just gotten the book from the library about famous magical fossils found around the world and wasn't about to give the reading opportunity a poor memory. She needed to do it outside. Sun-Ming approached a bench that seemed the least occupied. A boy was sat there with a book and as Sunny approached she cleared her throat gently. "Excuse me? Sir?" She waited for him to answer, ready to give a bow when he did as a respectful greeting.

As Chase was enjoying his alone time, a female voice was heard by the boy. Great... He put his book down to see a familiar face, judging by her pink uniform it was clear that she was from Mahoutokoro. And worse, she had just called him sir. What the h3ll? Chase glared at her and quizzically looked at her in the eyes waiting to see what she was doing while he ignored her with silence. He finally gave up and started to speak "Yes?". What did she want from him? The Scandinavian culture had rub off Chase, he no longer speak as polite nor did he bow his head. Not that he was a polite young man but at least he was better than he is now. "Sir?" He was irritated being addressed in such manner, he didn't look old or did he?

A chilled breeze blew between the two, and for a moment the girl wondered if it would bring rain. Sunny waited to be verbally addressed before speaking - it was the polite thing to do she felt. Sun-Ming had always been told to be polite to everyone. The dark eyed girl spoke finally, "I was wondering if it would be agreeable for me to... sit here?" She used a small voice, but loud enough for him to hear. She felt it was obnoxious to speak as loudly as some did in public - after all when you were so close to the person why would you speak so loudly? Sunny then added. "I would understand if not, but I am just here to read!" She held her book up to prove it.

The girl had started to get in Chase's nerves, what the h3ll was she doing? "I do not own this bench" he shook his head and scoffed. He went back to continue on reading his book but then the girl started to talk explaining what she was doing there and held up her book. "Dear Merlin, you don't need my permission to do whatever you want. You know what, have the whole bench!" he stood up to see her reaction. The familiar girl didn't do anything wrong really, it was just Chase who was being an @ss with his temperamental attitude.

Sun-Ming was surprised, how rude! She wasn't going to say anything though, she knew nothing of what kind of day he was having. What if his flobberworm had died? The girl backed up when he stood. "No I don't need the whole bench it's okay!" She spoke with urgency. "I don't want to disturb your studies after all! This was my fault! Please sit down!" Sunny smiled brightly, eyes closed hoping that he would sit back down while she stood away. She would just find somewhere else to sit, maybe she could find Ren - after all she was supposed to be getting to know him.

Chase decided to ignore the girl and just sat back down to the bench. He oepend hsi book once more to finish the last paragraph on the chapter. Once he was done with it, he closed his book because he was way too distracted to continue on his study. He glanced to the side and saw a picture of a mineral in the form of a stone, the girl completely surprised him. He didn't expect her to read anything about the earth's element, something that most scientist would research on. He spotted a familiar rock and decided to comment on it "Stones and mineral habe ability to give off a chemically based vibration. It is only by altering them on an atomic level, such as heating, dyeing, irradiating, or pulverizing them, that their elemental electrical charge is damaged or “killed”" he said quoting from a book that he used to read. "What's your name? he asked not in the friendliest tone a person can offer.

At first when the boy next to Sun-Ming spoke she thought he was quoting the next page in her book. However a glance over the pages told her it wasn't from the current book she was reading. The dark eyed girl looked to the side, slowly looking up at him. "I'm Sunny." She said with the smallest of smiles. "Do you study magical geology as well?" She inquired. "I was told that much of what I was learning I'd have to study on my own. But if you study it too maybe we could study together!" Sun-Ming excitedly suggested this, forgetting only moments ago she'd been given the cold shoulder by the man.

Chase was actually impressed at the girl, there weren't many people who were still interested in anything that had to do with minor knowledge. They were all into charms, herbology, dada, you call it. "Chase" he gave a hand for her to shake. "Judging from your uniform, you're a Mahoutoroko student? I was there for five years" he added as he got more interested in the girl. There weren't many people that Chase would want to talk to but this girl obviously appreciated her study. "Though I don't live here anymore, I'm in Durmstrang so maybe it'll be hard for us to study together. Besides, I am to study in a muggle university after I graduate" he said proudly. His older sister was a neuroscientist, he too would end up being a scientist just like the rest of his paternal family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back