Outside the HS tents.

Asher listened to Sakura and nodded. She knew how it felt to have her day brighten just by having Noah walk into a room. She knew the feeling of the butterflies that filled her stomach when he smiled at her. Asher sighed. "He was like that too...I knew he was. I saw how he would change when he thought about you or saw you. I had no claim to him but I felt it sting just the same. I think that was my justification for treating you so badly. I wanted so badly to blame someone for him acting that way that I automatically blamed you. I refused to see the truth." she mumbled her confessions. Then Asher looked up at Sakura. "But I do care about him...so much. He was the first person to bring me out of the darkness that covered my life. He was my first true friend."

Sakura smiled at the girl it was strange that she had found a friend in her when she really hadn't given the girl any thought up until this trip. It was nice of her to say that Noah had been looking at her too but it didn't seem to matter anymore. They hadn't even managed to speak to one another since they got here but that was besides the point. She turned to Asher.
"You shouldn't be sitting here with me you know, you should be where ever he is telling him how you feel. Or at best show him" she smiled again hoping Asher would understand.

ASher smiled slightly and then it faltered. "I haven't seen him since the first night. I'm afraid he's avoiding me. I never wanted to make him uncomfortable. I miss him." Asher's eyes began to sting as they slowly filled with tears.

"I don't think he's intentionally avoiding you. I think he's trying to work out his own feelings, it's good that he's doing that. It's a shame more boys don't but don't cry it'll all turn out fine in the end. Really" she handed Asher a hankerchief.

Asher looked up at Sakura and smiled. She wiped the tears from her cheeks with the handkerchief. "Thank you..." she whispered. Sakura didn't cease to amaze her. She was so kind and had such a big heart. THeir friendship would surely prove to be an asset.

Sakura smiled knowing that right now she felt more like a big sister to Asher and her friend than a jealous rival. Crikey I have grown up over the past few years then, did it really take coming here to make me realise this?
"I don't know about you but I am bushed, I'm going to go lie down for a bit. Honestly, you should go and look for him. He just might surprise you" standing up and stretching slightly, Sakura could not suppress the yawn that escaped her. The time zone difference was finally catching up as she knew it was bound to.
"Take it easy yeah, I'll probably see you for dinner" she smiled down at Asher.

Asher smiled back at Sakura as she walked toward the tent. Once she was out of sight Asher let out a sigh. Wow...who would have thought that after that first morning, we would become friends?! I can see why Noah liked her...she's so kind and caring. I hope she's right though. I mean I really just want Noah to be happy, but it would be even better if he found that I was the one that made him happy. Asher smiled and sighed again. She stood from the bench slowly and decided to go and look for Noah. They needed to talk...he needed to know the whole truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back