Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Pear Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
Lily was growing ever more comfortable with being away from home. The castle was quickly becoming her home away from home. After an early breakfast and a morning spent laying about the dorm, Lily had decided she was tired of being inside. Unable to find Elliot anywhere, she had decided to just go and enjoy the sunshine herself. She had settled under a tree near the lake. The sun was shining brightly and there was a soft breeze. She turned the page, completely content. The weather was nice and she fully intended to enjoy herself.

Seren was a morning person. To be fair, she was kind of an 'all the time' person. It really did take a lot to put her into a bad mood, especially when the weather was nice. She woke up earlier than usual and enjoyed a plate of bacon and egg on toast in the Great Hall, then retreated to the lawn to write an overdue letter to her father. She had promised to write every week back in September, but as the year progressed those letters became monthly, and we're now every other month. She did not want to delay any longer and risk worrying her family.

She walked the grounds searching for a nice shaded spot near the water to compose her letter, when she noticed another student who had similar ideas to her. She decided to go over to them.

"Oh, hey." Shee approached her, seeing this as the perfect opportunity to get to know someone better. "Mind if I join?"

Lily was startled from her book as another voice called out to her. She looked up from her book, blue eyes wide. "Oh, hello!" She greeted with a soft smile. "I-I don't, um, don't mind," She stuttered a little, closing her book. "My name is Lily," She introduced herself. She thought she recognized the other girl, but she wasn't sure. Lily just patted the ground next to her, inviting the girl to sit with her. "It's really nice out to today," She added with a smile.

Seren worried that she had been rude in interrupting, but the Hufflepuff girl seemed perfectly happy to receive Seren's company. "Thanks" She replied, "I'm Seren." She added, sitting on the dry grass beside Lily and placing her belongings next to her. "Oh the weather has been perfect, I try to get outside as much as I can when it's like this." She said, "Have you done much exploring around here?"

Lily smiled brightly at the other girl. "Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you Seren." Lily looked out over the lake with a content sigh. "I love the outdoors," She shut her eyes as a light breeze ruffled her hair. "Oh, I haven't done much exploring," She admitted softly. "I tend to get lost. It's much safer to just sit and read. There are plenty of adventures to be had with a good book."

Seren rested back onto her arms and sighed pleasantly. "Yes I agree with you Lily, sort of, I do love books but they aren't your own adventures. Experience will give you something a book never could, like smells, emotions, and sites you experienced for yourself." She looked around. "Take the cliffs as an example, I've never been up there but I bet the views are incredible and no matter how articulately a writer describes that scene, nothing would be better than a chance to experience it for myself." It was a little late in the term for such a hike but perhaps next year. "I'll save that trip for after the holidays. Speaking of, are you doing much during the break?"

Lily considered Seren's words a moment. "Well... I suppose I can see your point." She told her with a smile. She listened as Seren described a trip to the cliffs. "I... I suppose that does sound lovely," She hugged her book to her chest. "I don't think I could go on my own though... Perhaps I could go with you after the holidays?" She asked hesitantly. She didn't want to be presumptuous. Lily giggled softly as Seren asked her about her holidays. "Oh, no, nothing really. I might try some new baking with my mother. What about you, Seren? Do you have any plans?" She asked. Lily was glad she wasn't stuttering so much today. She liked the girl and hoped that they might be able to become friends in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back